Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

joined Mar 11, 2019

That's fair

Zzzz
joined Nov 18, 2019

Well, i obviously not expecting something nice in this manga, i mean the mere title is a huge spoiler in the end, this is how a relationship should NOT be, just a brunch of walking Chernobils ended up coupling, but wel, if there's an epiloge i want to see it.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I didn't read all the series, but could someone please explain why Aya hates Yoru enough to wish that Yoru never show her face in front of Sei again, and then eat Yoru's photo?

I recommend reading the series so you can form your own interpretation but if you really wanna know my take; it's not that Aya hates Yoru per se.. More like she hates how strongly Sei feels for Yoru. She ate Yoru's picture so she could take Yoru's place in Sei's heart. She wishes for Yoru to never return because Aya fears Sei will be consumed by Yoru again, ultimately undoing all of Aya's hard work.

Thanks for answering the question. The idea of Aya eating the photo to replace Yoru in Sei's heart makes sense.

Also do not forget, that is the one and only one photo of Yoru that Sei has. Sei has a habit of pulling out the photo and talk to the photo as if it were a real Yoru. Aya accidentally found the photo when she was looking for medication when Sei was having a fever. Sei told Aya that all photos and files in the computer drive of Yoru have been all destroyed. That particular photo was accidentally left behind.

With the destruction of the photo, and text from Yoru telling Aya to make Sei happy, the ties are now completely cut.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I might be the only person here who disagree with you guys concerning Haruki.
I have never read a yuri manga with a character as pathetic as Haruki, although I admit I have not read enough yet. I honestly do not care what will happen to her. To have an alliance with Mochida is pathetic or even juvenile. No matter what happened, even if Sei never existed, Haruki would never managed to get together with Aya. Aya is like six years more mature than her age, that is, like a College senior. She is the real adult of the entire manga. She is also twisted. I think the episode where Aya has Haruki masterbating says it all. Haruki has no chance, none. Aya can play her like a toy. Should have walked away long time ago before even hatching up plans with Mochida. More to the point, should have confessed much earlier. If Aya were straight, no big deal anyway, because Aya has a good heart.

joined Jun 7, 2019

yoru literally was a decent person and she was treated like a "bad guy" or something lol
also Aya is still a teenager and Sei an adult who took advantage of her,let's not forget that
tbh the best would be if they break up but that probably won't happen so i hope that they become at least healthier

joined Apr 6, 2018

...uhm

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

FYI The manga was indeed axed but not because of bad sellings but because of Flowerchild's health.

joined Jul 8, 2016

I still don't know why anybody, in the story of course, likes anybody in this. Or how Sei has a job as a teacher still somehow.

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

I laughed my ass off when she ate the photograph. On another note, it sucks that it got cut short. I'm not too keen on any of the relationships at all, but I at least wanted a better build up and resolution.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I have never read a yuri manga with a character as pathetic as Haruki, although I admit I have not read enough yet. I honestly do not care what will happen to her. To have an alliance with Mochida is pathetic or even juvenile. No matter what happened, even if Sei never existed, Haruki would never managed to get together with Aya. Aya is like six years more mature than her age, that is, like a College senior. She is the real adult of the entire manga. She is also twisted. I think the episode where Aya has Haruki masterbating says it all. Haruki has no chance, none. Aya can play her like a toy. Should have walked away long time ago before even hatching up plans with Mochida. More to the point, should have confessed much earlier. If Aya were straight, no big deal anyway, because Aya has a good heart.

Haruki is immature and completely selfish. That whole thing about her telling Aya’s mother on Aya just because Aya wouldn’t tell her where she went just speaks about the type of person she is. If Aya did get with her, it might have been a more volatile relationship than with Sei. She’d probably manipulate Aya to make sure Aya stays the same, never letting her mature, maybe even demanding she go to the same college and all that jazz because of how possessive she is. I mean they aren’t even together and she’s trying to dictate what Aya does and feels she can decide what’s best for Aya. I want to believe it’s just because she’s a teen and that maybe she can mature into someone who loves without expectations or conditions.

joined Mar 8, 2019

yoru literally was a decent person and she was treated like a "bad guy" or something lol

I don’t know if I’d call Yoru decent for sleeping with Sei, knowing how Sei feels about her, even though she didn’t love her. That type of thing can be considered a manipulation, a way to keep someone on your hook so to speak.

She came back and made that roundabout comment about Sei being well off (having a stable job and a decent apartment) which makes me think she was possibly looking for Sei to be her next caretaker since we discover that she was a housewife which probably means she has no job and planned to divorce her husband who was her provider.

And yes, Yoru said she was going to keep her distance from Sei. But Aya pointed out, Sei would go and find her yet Yoru still told her she wanted to divorce her husband because he was cheating on her before she left. Seems like a move to incur sympathy and keep her hold on Sei. I might be reaching but it almost seems like Yoru knows she should let go but doesn’t really want to.

also Aya is still a teenager and Sei an adult who took advantage of her,let's not forget that

Haven’t forgotten but still ship them. I think Sei is is just beautifully written, how she orchestrates her own downfall, the pain she feels. And Aya is equally magnificent. She had such low self esteem and believed she had to settle for the first person to show her a scrap of affection but then she came out of her shell and now has Alpha energy.

tbh the best would be if they break up but that probably won't happen so i hope that they become at least healthier

I thought they would break up, time skip, and then end up together again.

last edited at Jul 20, 2021 12:24PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Also do not forget, that is the one and only one photo of Yoru that Sei has. Sei has a habit of pulling out the photo and talk to the photo as if it were a real Yoru. Aya accidentally found the photo when she was looking for medication when Sei was having a fever. Sei told Aya that all photos and files in the computer drive of Yoru have been all destroyed. That particular photo was accidentally left behind.

According to Sei, she hadn’t looked at the photo in a while. Aya hadn’t known that though. She probably thought Sei was looking at it all the time which just increased her anxiety about her status with Sei.

With the destruction of the photo, and text from Yoru telling Aya to make Sei happy, the ties are now completely cut.

Yes but I think, aside from dramatic effect, it was the actualization of Aya’s poison metaphor. She said she wanted to be the stronger poison in order to be rid of the previous (Yoru) one.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

This is the ending everyone waited in My Unrequited Love but tMnR not only failed to deliver but raised so many questions it had to go out of its way to put it out an epilogue chapter to dot the i's and cross the t's. Really like how broken the characters are and how they come out of their shell little by little, Aya rocks. Haruki and the Closeted Brat (they totally deserve each other) not so much but if you ask me, they fit this world just perfectly, pretty solid development overall. Flowerchild is on my list of MUST-READ for good.

last edited at Jul 20, 2021 3:16PM

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

FYI The manga was indeed axed but not because of bad sellings but because of Flowerchild's health.

That's really unfortunate, it goes to show how difficult it is to be a manga creator in Japan, one has to write, come up with storyboards, and put in the work even if you're not okay because you have a deadline to meet, yes there are assistants, but they can only do so much, it is mostly on you.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I have never read a yuri manga with a character as pathetic as Haruki, although I admit I have not read enough yet. I honestly do not care what will happen to her. To have an alliance with Mochida is pathetic or even juvenile. No matter what happened, even if Sei never existed, Haruki would never managed to get together with Aya.

"Only person?"
You know, there are tons of commenters who share your views. We love Aya and Sei, we don't care about Haruki, and we are so happy that we got the best possible ending, with Aya giving us a lesson on how to heal the heart of a woman who's been emotionally hurt as much as Sei was. (Hint: with the power of love!) I think we are even the majority.... but it's maybe difficult to notice because the Helen Lovejoys around are so damn noisy.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

[...] with Aya giving us a lesson on how to heal the heart of a woman who's been emotionally hurt as much as Sei was. (Hint: with the power of love!)

Ah, yes. The heart of the poor sexual predator was healed by her broken victim. True love.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Ah, yes. The heart of the poor sexual predator was healed by her broken victim. True love.

joined Apr 25, 2013

This art style is freaking smooth!!! I will miss it. Even though i hate having relationship with under-age irl. Also hate the typical best friend character started to fall in love with main character when she start to dating someone. Can't keep your stuff, if you lost it then don't cry about it.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

I need to read something nice and fluffy after having read a couple of chapters, I can't handle love drama, but I still really like reading it.

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

This is by far the most entertaining trashy yuri manga that exists, she legit started eating pictures because of that teacher pussy fr

joined Jan 14, 2020

Ah, a happily co-dependent relationship.

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

Shame if its over. This was my guilty pleasure.

joined Apr 6, 2021

Wow it’s finally over. This story might’ve been a train wreck from start to finish with completely selfish and unsympathetic characters, but it was a fun ride. Kinda was hoping Sei and Aya wouldn’t get a happy ending cause they’re both just super shitty people but whatever. Haruki might’ve done some shit too, but she deserved better than Aya

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

She.. D– Did she just.. Did she just eat a photograph...?
Eh– Umm.. Okay, cool

I was waiting for this to be completed before I started reading it, because it seemed like it'd be one of those stories where I hate all of the characters so much that I need to read it all in one go, to just get it over with, and at the same time can't abandon it, because it will keep haunting me if I don't see the conclusion. (*cough* Kodama Naoko *cough cough*)
And yet, I really enjoyed this. Surprisingly so.

I did find most(?) of the characters to be rather detestable and I did end up binge reading this in a day. But it was because it was interesting, not because it was irritating me to the point that I couldn't find peace if I left it alone.

On the subject of Haruki: I don't understand why some people are defending her like she was some guardian angel or something. In the beginning, you could definitely say she was looking out for Aya, but it quickly became clear that her motives were actually completely selfish. She definitely wasn't worse than our main leads, but she wasn't all that better either. Also, them not knowing that they were both lesbians has little to do with this, I think. It seems unlikely that it would have changed the outcome, since Aya never saw her as anything more than a friend. At least she got a clear rejection so she can now move on and not become a second Sei (we really don't need more of those... lol)

last edited at Jul 21, 2021 11:06AM

joined Dec 26, 2020

If there's a sequel to this, I can tell that the relationship they have will go from good to bad, just by the way they are.

Aya eating a photograph of Sei's past lover, and Sei wanting to depend on Aya, having a hard time being away from her is all I needed to know for this prediction.

To reply you must either login or sign up.