Forum › Slow Start discussion

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Eiko shipping her sister with someone older, I guess she assumes (rightfully) that she has similar tastes than her. More otakus in the cast will help with meta-commentary in relationships in the future.

There is nothing wrong with Eiko being proud of their daugther being cute. We meet more Tama's family, but I was hoping her grandmas would come, oh well, I bet Hana will stay in shock for the rest of the whole chapter next time.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Been a while since we've seen Kamu with loot like this. Nice to be reminded again. And Eiko sure is proud to have a cute girlfriend like that. :D

Enami walking right into the head of year's trap was fun as well.

Hiroe we already knew about, but Tama's family sure was a surprise. Also, those nicknames... :D

last edited at Mar 11, 2021 4:12PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

This chapter brings us up to date with the magazine. (Knight Heron is currently working on vol8 extras)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This chapter brings us up to date with the magazine.

Thought as much, based on the file names.

joined Oct 13, 2014

i like how they all tease eiko and make her out to be a yandere for sensei and no one questions it

Has she ever actually been anything even remotely like a yandere (the silly fantasies here don't count)? No one questions it because no one takes this seriously. There's only one yandere in this series, and that is certainly not Eiko...

im talking about her being in love with sensei not that shes a yandere

joined Jul 26, 2016

Messing with Eiko over her crush is pretty much a running-gag in-joke among the group now. (Pretty sure The Usual Suspect Tama started it originally...)

She's def enthusiastically on board the Miki-Hiroe passenger line :D

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

The art is really expressive for a 4koma, i like how the characters come out of the borders and background effects like sparkles go outside of the panels

Makes it seem more dynamic

Hikamaru%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

Just binged through the whole series over the last week after watching the anime. It only took a couple of chapters for Oku x Hana to become my favorite ship after Oku was introduced.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

So Tama is her own mother. It all makes sense now.

joined Jul 26, 2016

So Tama is her own mother. It all makes sense now.

Even the usually imperturbable Kamu is shook

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That's a nice cover.

Tama seems like that, yes...

Hana and Tama sure have one-track minds. Hana only sees the three in terms of older sister or not, while Tama of course always thinks in eroge terms.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Eiko and Enami-Sensei were being way too domestic and flirty there , in public no less :O

last edited at Jun 12, 2021 9:15AM

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

All the EnamiEiko extras in previous volumes were at school, this is the first one in public, which makes it pretty much a date, that's progress. It's always a delight to see Sensei know exactly what she's doing and then when Eiko gives in, pretend she didn't. Living together is the next step whether she likes it or not (she does).

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

On eggs--I'm surprised the dessert aficionado didn't mention flan.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

She does her best.

Brutal.

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

I’ve been re-reading the Eiko x Sensei’s part and I think their feelings are mutual plus they are being shipped by the mangaka. So, I think they are semi-canon. Since, sensei cannot form a relationship yet with Eiko (a student). Maybe when Eiko is already in college or after 5 years (ref. Chapter 89), they will probably start dating and Eiko can visit Sensei “once every 3 days” (ref. Chapter 89) or they can live together so she can hear Sensei sing (ref. Volume 8 Extras). UwU

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Eiko needs to contain her gay before she wastes it all before her wedding night with Sensei.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Thanks to Ricekirby for taking over typesetting duties.

2021-02-06%2003_35_00-window
joined Aug 12, 2018

What do you mean "my moms?" Is Tama's mother the daughter of a lesbian couple?

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

The more het explanation for "moms" would be that Tama-mama calls her mother in law Mom just like her birth mother. (My mom called my dad's mom "Ma", and I refer to my wife's mom as Mom or Mama sometimes too, so it's not unheard of at least)
If that's the case, I choose to believe that Tama's grandmothers met some time after her parents and they fell in love with each other too so they're a lesbian couple but raised her mom and dad separately.

Before that though my preferred first choice of explanation is that yes Tama-mama has two mamas XD

last edited at Oct 14, 2021 11:31AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

The boring answer is that she referred to them as "okaa-san-tachi", the tachi part always being a git to translate in a minimal fashion when it's only referring to two people total (ie. there needs to at least be three people to warrant the use of "and co."/"and the others"). Technically it should probably be "my mom and mom-in-law", but let's face it, the other way is gayer.

last edited at Oct 14, 2021 11:40AM

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

We all knew the grandmas were a couple since the first time they appeared just by looking at how Tama turned out.

Now that the dads are gone, it's time for the fun to begin.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I'm 100% commited to the idea that Tama-chan's grandmas are an adorable older gay couple and nothing will change my mind on that !

last edited at Oct 14, 2021 1:20PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So confirmed Tama's mom was raised by a lesbian couple right?

To reply you must either login or sign up.