Forum › Slow Start discussion

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

It took 92 chapters for the initial premise to finally be resolved. Oh well, at least now the manga can move on to bigger and better things?

joined Jun 8, 2020

then, it´s yuri or not?

joined Jul 26, 2016

then, it´s yuri or not?

You're not going to convince anyone Eiko, Kiyose or Kamu are even remotely straight that's for sure.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It took 92 chapters for the initial premise to finally be resolved. Oh well, at least now the manga can move on to bigger and better things?

So how many manga do you know that do that instead of ending at that page? ^^

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

So how many manga do you know that do that instead of ending at that page? ^^

That's an unfair question since the premise itself has no actual weight, and a reasonable person could easily guess how it would resolve itself. The story has never been about the fact that Hana was keeping a secret. It's just been in the corner, brought out occasionally to remind people that it exists. This kind of story doesn't rely on its initial premise to exist, and can easily continue as long as the author has an audience for it.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Well that was all VERY anti-climatic, I hope that's a sign the series isn't about to end.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well that was all VERY anti-climatic, I hope that's a sign the series isn't about to end.

What were you expecting anyway - telenovela melodrama?

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

then, it´s yuri or not?

You're not going to convince anyone Eiko, Kiyose or Kamu are even remotely straight that's for sure.

You forgot Eiko's stalker and the lolicon.
And Hana's cousin (can't remember her name right just now) seems to have a crush on Hana's mom, too.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That's an unfair question since the premise itself has no actual weight, and a reasonable person could easily guess how it would resolve itself. The story has never been about the fact that Hana was keeping a secret. It's just been in the corner, brought out occasionally to remind people that it exists. This kind of story doesn't rely on its initial premise to exist, and can easily continue as long as the author has an audience for it.

And despite this being true for 4koma and comedy and romcom and so on manga they basically all end when their flimsy premise/s is/are resolved.

But we'll see. This could be one of the few exceptions.

Not that it's going to be. We can't have nice things.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Megumiaki posted:

It's called Slow Start for a reason.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

I like the new girl, the good thing about being so similar to Hana is that she can't be paired with her, so Tama is fine.

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

Was that the last chapter? Somehow I kind of expected it to end once Hana's secret got out

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Was that the last chapter? Somehow I kind of expected it to end once Hana's secret got out

Nope. Still ongoing.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Is Oku a reference to that Saki girl that has no presence? I forgot her name.

joined Jul 26, 2016

-- that Saki girl that has no presence? I forgot her name.

That checks out.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

It's good to see Hana finally get that off her chest.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Regarding the different chapter numbering between Dynasty and Mangadex, knight heron, who are working on the volume 8 extras, have told me that the Ama Soba special is included in vol8 as ch89. So yeah, if the admin wanna sync chapter numbers up with the Mangadex numbering, bump up ch89-95 -> ch90-96 and move the Ama Soba special to ch89.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thank you for the note, chapter numberings have been adjusted, and I'll make sure the knight heron chapters are appropriately numbered when they're provided for us here.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A new ship has been born. I shall learn from this.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

What's this? Miki x Hiroe? ...I think I approve.

And lol at the "harem" antics. Another sign that Kamu has no problem sharing Eiko so long as she doesn't get left out.

Everything after that is just the girls playing around, though it's funny how ok they all are with it.

last edited at Mar 8, 2021 5:07PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Chapter starts out deep and wholesome af and then takes a hard turn to weird shenanigans... around the time Tama shows up.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!

...also I can get on board that new ship.

last edited at Mar 8, 2021 5:15PM

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Tama wins. Canon. Blessed.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yeah, that's the threesome route locked in.

And then there's Tama being Tama...

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Tama is a dog now, it fits her, Kamu was already the daugther so now only Hana needs a role in this family.

Oku being there at the end just for the sake of it it's funny, she had no reason to be there.

Eiko being suspicious for 5 months that Hana was repeating the year, was there any hint of that in early chapters? It seems like just a random number.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Oku being there at the end just for the sake of it it's funny, she had no reason to be there.

...would rather imagine she was there to join the group, being part of the gang now and all. I mean it'd hardly be a stretch to assume Tama and Hana just straight up invited her to drop by while "going around other classes" either?

last edited at Mar 8, 2021 7:09PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.