Forum › The Vampire & The Maid discussion

joined Mar 5, 2016

typically vampirisation is supposed to take place only if you are killed by a vampire bite

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

Another mistress/maid story!! I love Zanka

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

This follows the same template as the Mistress and Cat Maid one, but it's a little bit more concerning, what with the constant blood drinking and vastly different lifespans. I know it's just supposed to be fluff that you don't think about too heavily, but I can't help it.

I think the chapter order is messed up too. I think 1-3 is after 4-8.

It was not.

The chapter titles seem to be correct, but the order they're linked in seems to be messed up; so chapter 8 has a next chapter button that leads to chapter one and chapter 2 has no next chapter button.

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

This is mostly what Remilia x Sakuya could have becomed if ZUN actually cared about the ships.

joined Jul 26, 2016

and vastly different lifespans.

Why does everyone always get hung on this, as if real mortal people couples somehow magically perished simultaneously and didn't have to cope with grief just the same?

joined May 9, 2021

Why does everyone always get hung on this, as if real mortal people couples somehow magically perished simultaneously and didn't have to cope with grief just the same?

A lot of it is that humans have roughly the same lifespan so they can generally have one lifelong partner and be old when they die, stay celibate until their own death or at most have one remarriage after becoming a widow(er).
If two types of beings have radically different lifespans then the older lived one either grieve their short-lived lover for most of their life or get so many serious lovers that it's highly debatable how "serious" the longer-lived being is about them and if they are not just short flings that only the short-lived partners are deceived into thinking is the love story of a lifetime.

Snapdragon beans
Screen%20shot%202018-12-15%20at%202.44.04%20am
joined Oct 27, 2018

typically vampirisation is supposed to take place only if you are killed by a vampire bite

I've heard that you can only become a vampire if, after they drink your blood, you drink their blood. You usually drink it from the wrist. You exchange blood basically.
It's appeared in most stories I've read about vampires, and maybe it's the case here.

So, the maid should be fine. :)

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

A lot of it is that humans have roughly the same lifespan so they can generally have one lifelong partner and be old when they die, stay celibate until their own death or at most have one remarriage after becoming a widow(er).
If two types of beings have radically different lifespans then the older lived one either grieve their short-lived lover for most of their life or get so many serious lovers that it's highly debatable how "serious" the longer-lived being is about them and if they are not just short flings that only the short-lived partners are deceived into thinking is the love story of a lifetime.

For me, the issue is more about aging. The maid will slowly grow older and less capable while the vampire stays exactly the same, both of them forced to watch as their lover drifts further and further away while still remaining at their side. It's like a romance where one partner is guaranteed to suffer from a progressively debilitating illness, but where said illness wouldn't be an issue if they dated someone else.

I've heard that you can only become a vampire if, after they drink your blood, you drink their blood. You usually drink it from the wrist. You exchange blood basically.
It's appeared in most stories I've read about vampires, and maybe it's the case here.

So, the maid should be fine. :)

It depends pretty heavily on what version of vampires you're dealing with. Some require you to drink their blood, others just require them to drink yours or even just take a single bite. There are also versions where its dependent on some quality in the mortal, rather than a specific action, or completely disconnected from the vampire (possibly requiring some sort of ritual or practice).

As with any fictional species, the specifics are determined by the author and little else.

joined Jan 14, 2020

At least this title has more pages per chapter than the other Zanka ones. Less repetition of text.

last edited at Jun 2, 2021 11:22PM

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Very yummy and wholesome!

Also, zanka’s art style has really come a long way since those first “cat maid and lady” chapters. Now it’s really cute and detailed and you can clearly guess it’s hers.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

This is mostly what Remilia x Sakuya could have becomed if ZUN actually cared about the ships.

These personalities are so different that it wouldnt look alike

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Zanka’s maids are top-tier!

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

It's the same recycled premise it's getting boring

Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Holy cats this manga was suddenly put on blast. All hail Zanka!

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

What, no cat maid in a Zanka story? Shocking!

Purple_rgb125-0-175
joined Jan 31, 2018

You have to respect the sheer commitment at this point

joined Oct 21, 2013

How do they get their blood supply now? Double-teaming hapless maidens in the night?
How did miss vampire get her supply before anyway?

Dangaronronpa
joined May 3, 2020

I'm going to take a guess that this author is a tiny bit into maids XD

joined Oct 2, 2021

Needz moar catz

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

How do they get their blood supply now? Double-teaming hapless maidens in the night?

The inevitable exponential growth of vampire x maid yuri ...

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

How did miss vampire get her supply before anyway?

I guess she didn't, which made her very thirsty.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Zanka's mind is like a fixed gear bycicle. Not that I'm complaining

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Zanka's doing not just a maid, but ALSO a vampire!
Genius. Her oeuvre continues to develop.

joined May 29, 2021

The inevitable exponential growth of vampire x maid yuri ...

I kind expected the epilogue chapter to pan out and for their to be a whole collection of maid girls there for them.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

A Zanka product that actually ends? Not just left in perpetual limbo?!

Good bit of fluff but still a bit short in format to be satisfying.

To reply you must either login or sign up.