Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

So yeah, I thought this was a really great chapter. It was a nice response chapter to the last one.
I feel like Kase finally learned something worthwhile and Yamada finally got the guts to introduce Kase as her girlfriend.
Pretty great all around.
Also, so Yamada is definitely a dryad now right? That's pretty tight

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Ok, so are we done with the jealousy arcs now? Forever? Please?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Just when the story looks like it's going to take a dark turn, we get a happy, and very cute resolution.
Look I know what Kase did was a whole hell of a lot of wrong. However, a handsome famous guy offering rides, and giving flowers to your girlfriend, come on now. Add in the fact Yamada is letting him use her given name, when Kase herself is still calling Yamada by her family name... To paraphrase comedian Chris Rock, I don't condone what Kase did, but I understand.

last edited at Jun 2, 2021 2:13AM

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Yamada is as loyal to Kase as she is cute, btw she is the cutest.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

What surprises me the most is that the author finally let a male character make a positive contribution to the story. Hopefully Kase keeps remembering his words next time she inevitably worries about her relationship for no reason.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I love when Kase goes feral, but it's overdue to stop with the jealously plots. Can't we just get a slice of life with them growing stronger?

200124035842-812n
joined Aug 24, 2016

Ahh, SWEEEET

70420323_p4_master1200-min
joined Dec 28, 2018

Hope Yamada used those "green fingers" on Kase's lily...

Ah i see what u did there lol

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yamada is always happy to finger her girlfriend.

ilikecatsandcookies
joined Jun 14, 2020

its funny how such a wholesome manga has such ferocious discourse in the comments.
people are imperfect! both kase and yamada have jealousy issues, but both of them also seem to be slowly having character development at a realistic timescale. remember last time yamada got jealous, but then she calmed herself down looking at some flowers? that's development!
both of them are absolutely head over heels for each other, and it's not that fragile of a relationship, it's just a bumpier one because they're both only 18 or 19 and are still figuring out how to communicate healthily!

joined Feb 18, 2015

Me, with my allergies, riding that car would be a personal hell I'll never recover from.

I hear that! That is the car of DOOM!

I'm very glad the Prince called Kase out on causing a scene in front of the station on a false premise. I think a lot of the negative reaction to Kase's jealousy stems from how severe her reaction to the Prince was; not the fact that she WAS jealous. I'm hopeful that Kase will take his advice to heart and try to keep herself in check.

While I agree with this in part and don't think Kase should be telling Yamada not to interact with other people, like the Flower Prince, there is another aspect of the problem that was entirely unaddressed: Yamada's inability to communicate with her girlfriend when she is fixated on something.

A large part of the reason that Kase got so out of sorts and upset is that Yamada was consistently unresponsive to her messages on Line and was not answering her phone calls. When you add in the fact that Yamada consistently disregards Kase's concerns that she is too unguarded around guys by stating that she's sure that there aren't any guys who would be interested in her, despite the fact that there have been several who have shown interest across the course of the manga (at the school festival in high school, at the group date in college, at the swimming pool, etc...) it feeds Kase's worry about someone else getting close to her and making a move on her. The whole "wondering if she'd rather be with a guy" thing is probably just Kase's own insecurity because she feels like she was always the more aggressive one in their relationship and Yamada never dated anyone other than her. Now, as readers, we all know that Yamada is head over heels for Kase and that her denials of her own attractiveness stem from her low self-esteem and not any realistic appraisal of how other people view her.

In addition, it turns out that the Flower Prince DID seem to be pursuing Yamada in earlier sections of the story. She had to turn him down when he offered her a ride. He singled her out for attention in their class, even though she perceived it as negative, he probably considered what he was doing as giving her constructive criticism and professional advice. And in this chapter we found out that, low and behold, he WAS pursuing her, but not in any romantic way. He was looking for someone he could trust to pass off some of the extra plants that his (beloved?) boss gave him that he just didn't want to give away to someone who wouldn't take proper care of them. The reason he seemed to be harder on her was probably that he was testing her convictions and wanted to make sure she would stick to her guns and do things her way and not buckle to the way the "expert" told her to do it. However, until he explained everything, it would have been very easy for anyone watching, including Yamada's classmates or Kase if she were following people's posts about things at her school, to interpret it as "The Flower Prince seems interested in Yamada!"

That hell, she is too possessive! let Yamada live her life dammit or better yet trust in her you idiot! hope this incident really let her know how stupid she was acting.

I've always perceived Kase's possessiveness as being driven more by Yamada's naivety and lack of awareness of how pretty she is (due to low self-esteem issues largely). I can understand that getting worse now that they are living about an hour apart and in Tokyo. If just once, Yamada would acknowledge that other people DO find her attractive instead of dismissing it out of hand when Kase expresses concern, then I'd say Kase is entirely out of line. Until then, I really can't blame her for having a pervading feeling of unease about her girlfriend when it comes to how unguarded she is, especially when she is not responding to messages.

So... did anyone else get the distinct impression that the reason the Flower Prince just couldn't get rid of the HUGE amount of plants that Sensei gives him has to do with something similar to why Kase was so jealous? As in... maybe they are dating and that's why he rushed the two girls off the street so quickly when he realized what exactly was going on? (He understands what it is like to be an adult gay person in Japan and wanted to get them in private to talk?)

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I know Kase's jealousy is a BIG contention point, but I laughed hard when she hurled her backpack at the prince

Edit: before I forget, @CaioGuedesAUT please leave the site forever

last edited at Jun 5, 2021 12:41AM

joined Dec 5, 2019

so yamada came out in front of the whole uni, interesting!
thanks for the translation, this was good as always

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

so yamada came out in front of the whole uni, interesting!
thanks for the translation, this was good as always

Train station, actually.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

You know, now that I think about it, more than the "Prince's" words, it may be Yamada's willingness to be this open about their relationship that really helps Kase to get over her fears.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

I get a lil teary eyed looking at them being all cute together, they're so sweet ;~;

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Man, am I glad that the jealousy/miscommunication arc is over! I'm looking forward to how Yamada and Kase's relationship grows from here on out.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Ugly Bastard Height Gap

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

God, please be a very kind sweet old guy and not a freaking creepy one

joined May 24, 2014

Ugly Bastard Height Gap

And it's a CLOWN!

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

God, please be a very kind sweet old guy and not a freaking creepy one

He’s already been shown to be a harmless old man who is a professor here. He probsbly called her over because he noticed her hand raising and wanted to respond to her.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I hope that Yamada goes over to the sport college school festival and can have a nice date with Kase. Ideally done in such a way that Fukami realizes what’s up with them and throws out any thoughts she has towards Kase now, and goes to hook up with another girl.

joined Dec 18, 2016

Did anyone noticed the author self-interest in the cloud at page 17? The one with curly hair?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Damnit! I thought we were done with that plant prince guy! I hope at least Kase's jealousy crap is over.

last edited at Aug 2, 2021 2:07AM

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

So... did anyone else get the distinct impression that the reason the Flower Prince just couldn't get rid of the HUGE amount of plants that Sensei gives him has to do with something similar to why Kase was so jealous? As in... maybe they are dating and that's why he rushed the two girls off the street so quickly when he realized what exactly was going on? (He understands what it is like to be an adult gay person in Japan and wanted to get them in private to talk?)

I’ll leave this here:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yamada_to_kase_san_ch06#

Did anyone noticed the author self-interest in the cloud at page 17? The one with curly hair?

Well spotted! I thought to make a note about it but it’s funnier if people realize it by themselves and if they don’t, they’re not missing out on vital information anyway, just a cute nod.

last edited at Aug 2, 2021 2:51AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.