Forum › If You Could See Love discussion

joined May 24, 2021

I'm usually not one for Polyamory but this manga is awesome and so cuute, love it!

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Calling a poly ending lazy/cheap is pretty inconsiderate of how like that kind of relationship rarely gets depicted respectfully, (harem are just horny and don't really broach the subject). People only like love triangles because they've been used to reinforce monogamy, when they really point out that it doesn't have to be that way and brings misery otherwise. Someone doesn't have to lose and win.

Agreed, it is very rare that poly gets depicted with any real consideration behind it. And honestly, there's no shortage of mono relationships if that's what people prefer.

To me, a lot of the calls for the endgame to not be poly are weird because it sounds like they want someone to "lose" and suffer the heartbreak unnecessarily. Like there have been so many love triangles that resolve with that angst, so it's exciting to for there to be chance for it to be averted

Well someone has to lose because I personally enjoy the drama and the crushing feelings that come with it, it has nothing to do with a preference towards monogamy or polyamory in my case.
And even if this manga does end in poly so far it's not doing a decent job at portraying it in a respectful and considerate manner, let's be honest. Also as of now Sayo is not into Rinna and despite that accidental kiss and her internal turmoil she's still full Mei only, in contrast to Rinna who seems to have other little arrows here and there.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

And even if this manga does end in poly so far it's not doing a decent job at portraying it in a respectful and considerate manner, let's be honest. Also as of now Sayo is not into Rinna and despite that accidental kiss and her internal turmoil she's still full Mei only, in contrast to Rinna who seems to have other little arrows here and there.

i mean the manga is still going so is still poissible to properly develop the rinna x sayo side, wich is pretty much the only side that´s lacking right now. Im really omptismitic for this one, i honestly think that as long as it doesn´t get axed, it´s gonna be really good, definetly better than "easy introduction to love triangles" for sure

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Calling a poly ending lazy/cheap is pretty inconsiderate of how like that kind of relationship rarely gets depicted respectfully, (harem are just horny and don't really broach the subject). People only like love triangles because they've been used to reinforce monogamy, when they really point out that it doesn't have to be that way and brings misery otherwise. Someone doesn't have to lose and win.

Someone just skip a part of what i say, i said "poly ending in a love trainglae set-up" is lazy, if the poly ending or ploy itself is made without this set-up then i don't have a problem. The last sentence is mostly my problem for that. This ending for this set-up is like the author say "i don't feel like someone being sad so everyone win".
I mean Sayaka in Yagate had a good ending despite losing.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Well someone has to lose because I personally enjoy the drama and the crushing feelings that come with it, it has nothing to do with a preference towards monogamy or polyamory in my case.

If suffering is just how you prefer it, that's valid.

And with how uncommon representation is right now, I'd rather have clumsy or imperfect attempts at representation than nothing at all.

Also, not to be a broken record, but a v-shaped relationship is still poly. It is very common in real life for members of a polycule to not date each other despite sharing partners.

Honestly, I'd love to see more work depict the poly experience of thinking your partner is super cute when they gush and panic over a new crush, or how cute their dynamic with another partner is, etc. Every relationship is unique and gets to be cherished and given its time. It's one of the best parts of being poly.

last edited at May 25, 2021 1:17AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Sayo should have been a boxer

joined Nov 22, 2019

Someone just skip a part of what i say, i said "poly ending in a love trainglae set-up" is lazy, if the poly ending or ploy itself is made without this set-up then i don't have a problem. The last sentence is mostly my problem for that. This ending for this set-up is like the author say "i don't feel like someone being sad so everyone win".
I mean Sayaka in Yagate had a good ending despite losing.

How is it lazy? It's like, hardly ever done. If anything just having the mc choose someone is the lazy/boring standard.

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

Oh boy it’s angst time!

joined May 25, 2021

I love this so much! As a poly lesbian myself it's so rare to see other poly wlw characters and very happy it seems to be heading that route. Remember to take breaks if needed, and loving this story so far!

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Mei is right to be afraid of love. You can hurt people even while trying to do the opposite. She was trying to close the distance between her and Rinna with a first name only approach but it only showed Rinna that their feelings towards each other is very different. Rinna is in love and she is naturally very apprehensive about their relationship.

Mei isnt in love like she is and thus very non-chalant about such an arguably important step.

Human communication is hell.

Damn I did not even consider considering this angle, this is insightful as hell

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Sayo is ridiculously considerate, planning to buy another ticket so all three of them can go to the amusement park together instead of getting some solo time from Mei. And despite that, she's way down on herself, it's sad.

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

talk about a fucking harem

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

Sayo is hurt please notice it Mei, I know it's hard handling two girl friends while still shorting gout your feelings but I hope someday you'll start to bloom too.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Calling a poly ending lazy/cheap is pretty inconsiderate of how like that kind of relationship rarely gets depicted respectfully.

Not to mention the difficulty of writing decent poly. Lazy? Easy? ‹snortle› Shyeah, right. I'd say a good poly story is ten times more difficult to write than the usual mc-meets-mc standard romantic fare.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Calling a poly ending lazy/cheap is pretty inconsiderate of how like that kind of relationship rarely gets depicted respectfully.

Not to mention the difficulty of writing decent poly. Lazy? Easy? ‹snortle› Shyeah, right. I'd say a good poly story is ten times more difficult to write than the usual mc-meets-mc standard romantic fare.

That's a better reason then. And for the record, i never call it lazy, i call it cheap. Lazy is just someone who take the wrong interpretation of my comment and think i said it's lazy. Little problem is when i call it cheap or easy, i meant that's it the solution with the less drama outcome.I never said it was easy to write.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

I don't give a damn whoever shit on polyamory. With this series, I want to see polyamory as ending!

And it not cheap it author takes care it with love. Seriously how many polyamory you can see it0n real life? Not much. Why though? Because possible outcome is very low. That makes poly become a hard stuff to write about. And that make me love it.

Also. Fuck the forceful stupid drama (drama on readers demand like above). I am sick of it. Period.

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

God, I really hope a poly happens between Sayo, Rinna and Mei. I mean come on, we had a chapter where Mei meets her teachers, then proceeds to ask them about being in a relationship with more than 1 person, then on top of that Rinna seems to be falling for Sayo while still having feelings for Mei.

Hasn't the whole Rinna x Sayo thing been dropped? Like the author teased it but since then has gone more of the love triangle/harem approach?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

God, I really hope a poly happens between Sayo, Rinna and Mei. I mean come on, we had a chapter where Mei meets her teachers, then proceeds to ask them about being in a relationship with more than 1 person, then on top of that Rinna seems to be falling for Sayo while still having feelings for Mei.

Hasn't the whole Rinna x Sayo thing been dropped? Like the author teased it but since then has gone more of the love triangle/harem approach?

Shh, they don't know.

joined Jan 6, 2017

It might be dropped, but not necessarily. If I were to write this I would plant the idea of Rinna x Sayo early on (like in the tease) and then spend time exploring both Rinna and Sayo as characters as well as their feelings for Mei and only then showing them falling for each other.

I can't confirm it's gonna go that way, but it is how I would do it and this definitely could go that way. I certainly am hopeful

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I certainly see no reason to include that moment between the two if this is not going to be developed further, at least not the way it was done including an actual arrow.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I certainly see no reason to include that moment between the two if this is not going to be developed further, at least not the way it was done including an actual arrow.

I mean she get multiples arrows when the girls in the class praise her. I don't think to dig too much in it. I just think the events between the 3 match the situation they're in, so it was a poly arc so they got this arrow but you've seen the arrow gone poof right at the end of the chapter.

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

It might be dropped, but not necessarily. If I were to write this I would plant the idea of Rinna x Sayo early on (like in the tease) and then spend time exploring both Rinna and Sayo as characters as well as their feelings for Mei and only then showing them falling for each other.

I can't confirm it's gonna go that way, but it is how I would do it and this definitely could go that way. I certainly am hopeful

But that's the thing the story is taking the time to talk about their feelings of Mei, not their feelings for each other. Take everything we've seen with Rinna and how genuine she seems about loving Mei. Wouldn't it feel ooc of her to suddenly say "I think I love Sayo too now"? Yeah if done well it could work but then you run into an issue with Mei. Mei isn't in love with anyone and believes she can't love someone, though she wants to. Imagine if her two friends ended up loving each other. Wouldn't she instead spend her time getting them together rather than wanting all 3 of them together? I feel like them falling in love with each other would hurt the story of Mei finding her true love. To me I don't get why people want a poly relationship considering right now Mei doesn't want to date anyone and when she does I feel like that person has to be special. For example would Bloom Into You have the same impact if it had a poly ending?

There's multiple takes on why it was done. 1 is your take. Another can be comedy. Then there's the possibility that they will end up together without Mei. Who really knows right now. For me if it would feel a bit odd storytelling wise to come back to that moment chapters later after having them say they only have Mei in their heart. It would also be odd since Rinna is so sure about her feelings for Mei and upfront about them that her not saying anything to Sayo by now feels ooc. And to me the last odd part in them going back to that scene later would be the fact that the author spends so much time trying to make it painfully clear they love Mei. I think the other person was calling it cheap because looking at how the story is going randomly having two characters that have been built up as loving one person and just one person saying they now have each other just so everyone is happy does feel cheap. For me it wouldn't be that different than someone forming a harem just so everyone is happy.

last edited at May 28, 2021 6:57PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

But that's the thing the story is taking the time to talk about their feelings of Mei, not their feelings for each other. Take everything we've seen with Rinna and how genuine she seems about loving Mei. Wouldn't it feel ooc of her to suddenly say "I think I love Sayo too now"? Yeah if done well it could work but then you run into an issue with Mei. Mei isn't in love with anyone and believes she can't love someone, though she wants to. Imagine if her two friends ended up loving each other. Wouldn't she instead spend her time getting them together rather than wanting all 3 of them together? I feel like them falling in love with each other would hurt the story of Mei finding her true love. To me I don't get why people want a poly relationship considering right now Mei doesn't want to date anyone and when she does I feel like that person has to be special. For example would Bloom Into You have the same impact if it had a poly ending?

I'd like to point out:

spend time exploring both Rinna and Sayo as characters as well as their feelings for Mei and only then showing them falling for each other.

What I mean is that while the possibility of poly should be planted at the start (which the teacher as well as the accidental kiss did), any feelings that Rinna and Sayo might develop for each other should only be shown after the series properly talks about the individual characters as well as Rinna's and Sayo's feelings for Mei.

Either way, whatever happens determines whether poly would be satisfying or not. At this point it's way too early to say one way or the other. All I can say is that I'd prefer poly (because a. there's way too few poly yuri manga and 2. I think that Mei learning to love trough an unconventional relationship would be really interesting), but wouldn't mind mono either.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

GO SAYOOOOO GET YOUR GIRL

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

rooting for sayo this bitch has been in the game since day 1 she deserves her

To reply you must either login or sign up.