Forum › Can't Defy the Lonely Girl discussion

joined Jan 14, 2020

When your friends call you useless lesbians.

Lol at "go research [on the Internet]" being even more intense teasing.

I salute the dedication of mangakas to drawing mini-split air conditioners.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

This chapter was so good OMG.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

This. Give me more of this fluffy goodness

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Niiice. Glad to see they're exploring the relationship past just getting together.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Ayaka just needs a training montage and she's golden

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Very cute, loving the positive vibes from this one. Also, the character art is among the best I've ever seen, all of them are absolutely gorgeous in their own ways

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

This manga is already leagues above most of its contemporaries simply for continuing past the "And they got together" part. As someone who's read hundreds, probably thousands of yuri works, I'm super thirsty of works that explore what its like for the main couple AFTER they've overcome their trials and tribulations.

And I don't care if its mundane lovey dovey shit. I LIVE for yuri lovey-dovey shit.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Based

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

I like this trend of romance continuing after the confession.

Bowser Wowser
Screen%20shot%202019-06-20%20at%206.20.42%20am
joined May 6, 2017

Was honestly expecting this series to be the type that ends right after the pair gets together. So glad that it's still ongoing so we can see some more development.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

This chapter reminded me a lot of chapters 41-44 of Bloom into You. Specifically the fact that they were kissing before being in a relationship and trying to define what changed between their relationship before and after they started dating, as well as the whole “going beyond just kissing” segment.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

What’s this? A yuri manga continuing past the confession and into them exploring their first relationship?

Should I expect to see pigs flying on the news soon?

joined Aug 29, 2019

This chapter reminded me a lot of chapters 41-44 of Bloom into You. Specifically the fact that they were kissing before being in a relationship and trying to define what changed between their relationship before and after they started dating, as well as the whole “going beyond just kissing” segment.

I'm currently re-reading YagaKimi and was at ch. 41 just yesterday, so I found the parallel rather striking as well. Didn't want to comment negatively on it, though. I mean, taking inspiration from great works isn't really a bad thing, and while I wasn't quite on board with how Kashikaze handled the start of the chapter (or rather, how closely it mirrored some of Yuu's internal monologue), it grew on me quite a bit as it progressed. [Also, YagaKimi's chapter 41 being named "Uncharted Territory" could be kinda seen as a commentary on romance, and particularly yuri romance, rarely if ever exploring how "the dating" really starts after the confession. And in the few representations I've seen, there hasn't been enough cuddling and making out. They should be all After School at this point, or at least Suddenly Suffocating (Bloom into You Ch. 22) without the negativity.]

last edited at May 23, 2021 9:09PM

30_magikarp
joined Feb 21, 2021

It also reminded me of Girl Friends where Akko was wondering what the difference was between being a friend and a lover when she got together with Mari. It's kind of weird though that Ayaka wouldn't know what couples do past kissing. It was much more believable and hilarious when Akko looked up how do 2 girls have sex.

RiversofItaly
joined Apr 2, 2021

This manga is already leagues above most of its contemporaries simply for continuing past the "And they got together" part. As someone who's read hundreds, probably thousands of yuri works, I'm super thirsty of works that explore what its like for the main couple AFTER they've overcome their trials and tribulations.

And I don't care if its mundane lovey dovey shit. I LIVE for yuri lovey-dovey shit.

If you haven't yet, I HIGHLY recommend reading "Our Teachers Are Dating!" I've read a ton of yuri manga too and it's my favorite because it starts just after they start dating and the whole series is just them being super cute and lovey dovey together, no drama or anything.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

will the side ships sail?

I know everyone said it already but I’m still shockeddd. They confessed mutual feelings AND the series is still going?! I’ll die happy if we get another volume of them figuring their relationship out. I can’t wait.

Eqw
joined Nov 13, 2020

i had to check to see if this was the final chapter cause HOLY SHIT THEYRE DATING AND THE MANGA ISNT OVER

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

It seems to me that in manga, there is nothing between kissing and sex. I mean they act like the concept of "second base" and "third base" doesn't exist in Japan. When I was in high school I never got to "round home".

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

It also reminded me of Girl Friends where Akko was wondering what the difference was between being a friend and a lover when she got together with Mari. It's kind of weird though that Ayaka wouldn't know what couples do past kissing. It was much more believable and hilarious when Akko looked up how do 2 girls have sex.

I think it might have had to do with them both being girls according to this reaction. Though she did wonder what couples (and not same-sex couples in particular) do, so perhaps she's just an idiot...? XD

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Natural airhead couple

joined Feb 18, 2015

I'm so glad this story didn't end with them becoming a couple!

And next week before gym class... "Ayaka... what's happened there?" "Oh... It's just a bite... must have been a bug in the house?"

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sheltered girls who Google "how two girls have sex" is one of my favorite yuri tropes.

Thumbnail_5a23d300cc738989a894c6273ef293a6
joined Jul 8, 2017

I take back what I said, I dont care how bad/stupid the whole mother arc was. This chapter was simply too based and made me forget all about that. More of this please!

LionTrainer1
50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Everyone's talking about the fluff while I'm here shipping the two shipper friends

To reply you must either login or sign up.