Forum › Citrus + discussion

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Mei’s had a lot on her plate lately. Fussing over her lost ring put her behind on student council work, and now stressing over that made her in that moment unaware of Yuzu’s feelings. She herself acknowledged that without Himeko’s help.

last edited at May 21, 2021 9:27AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I love how the readings of Mei’s character from the way she was at the beginning of the original series to the present amount to, “Falling in love has caused Mei Aihara to suffer severe brain damage.”

last edited at May 21, 2021 10:13AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ lol

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Anyone: says anything remotely positive about the series

Blastaar: "I'm about to end this man's whole career."

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Anyone: says anything remotely positive about the series

Blastaar: "I'm about to end this man's whole career."

This, of course, is a lie. It is true that I do regularly mock people who see Mei's character as being consistent and well-developed, however.

There have been many positive things about this series (that's why I have read and keep reading it)--some well-developed scenes, some initial sexual chemistry between the leads, some effective art, even some interestingly conceived characters.

Competent long-term execution of the narrative, consistent characterization, or thematic focus--not so much.

last edited at May 21, 2021 11:56AM

joined Jan 6, 2017

This, of course, is a lie. It is true that I do regularly mock people who see Mei's character as being consistent and well-developed, however.

So you mock people who are correct? Why?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You may read my previous arguments in the thread about why I disagree with those people who think that the forceful, competent, indeed volatile character we first met in the original series is consistent with the current withdrawn, passive, trembly character who communicates best through her toy bearsy-wearzy.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Character development? What the heck is that?

Also maybe just, y’know, don’t mock people for having an opinion? You can disagree and argue differently, sure, but don’t belittle those who disagree with you

I never went into Bloom Into You forums and made fun of people for liking Yuu even though I don’t

last edited at May 21, 2021 12:35PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Also maybe just, y’know, don’t mock people for having an opinion? You can disagree and argue differently, sure, but don’t belittle those who disagree with you

I never went into Bloom Into You forums and made fun of people for liking Yuu even though I don’t

Thank you for your moralizing lecture along with your testimony to your righteous bona fides

You're quite right--opinions can differ: a character having an epiphany in the form of a sudden post-facto realization that her teenage stepsister-lover just might be disappointed that her birthday celebration is being postponed may strike some readers as the height of a newly-developed emotional sensitivity, while others, like me, could regard it as something a normal person might already know by, like, being alive in the world.

I'll bear that in mind.

joined Jan 6, 2017

You may read my previous arguments in the thread about why I disagree with those people who think that the forceful, competent, indeed volatile character we first met in the original series is consistent with the current withdrawn, passive, trembly character who communicates best through her toy bearsy-wearzy.

I shall not because Mei was never a "forceful, competent, indeed volatile character"
(competent I'll give you, but only in tasks she was told to do. Not with her own feelings nor with the feelings of others)

joined Jan 6, 2017

a character having an epiphany in the form of a sudden post-facto realization that her teenage stepsister-lover just might be disappointed that her birthday celebration is being postponed may strike some readers as the height of a newly-developed emotional sensitivity, while others, like me, could regard it as something a normal person might already know by, like, being alive in the world.

I certainly wouldn't be able to figure it out. Empathy, social norms, etc don't come naturally to everyone.
Perhaps Mei isn't what you'd call a "normal person" and that's okay. I certainly find her much more interesting like this than I would if she was "normal"

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I shall not because Mei was never a "forceful, competent, indeed volatile character"
(competent I'll give you, but only in tasks she was told to do. Not with her own feelings nor with the feelings of others)

Headcanon is a hell of a drug.

joined Jan 6, 2017

I call it paying attention but sure

joined Jan 14, 2020

Self-righteousness is a hell of a drug.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Thank you for your moralizing lecture along with your testimony to your righteous bona fides

You're quite right--opinions can differ: a character having an epiphany in the form of a sudden post-facto realization that her teenage stepsister-lover just might be disappointed that her birthday celebration is being postponed may strike some readers as the height of a newly-developed emotional sensitivity, while others, like me, could regard it as something a normal person might already know by, like, being alive in the world.

I'll bear that in mind.

So not only do you regard your opinion as absolute undeniable fact and mock any who disagree, but you passive aggressively deprecate people who don’t process emotions as well as others, which is a very real thing.

The view must be great from that pedestal you’ve put yourself on.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Self-righteousness is a hell of a drug.

Sleep-deprivation is one hell of a drug.

points at self as an example

joined Mar 29, 2019

You guys ruined it, but: Mei is such a normie. She just gets the basics wrong and doesn't pay enough attention to her lover. In which case, why have a lover? If you're not emphatically into your lover above all else...but then she's had this work load since she was placed in her grandfather's shell.

This manga is actually about seniors raising kids and what that looks like. Looks bad, but I think in this case Mei is the casualty of conservative traditional old-school thinking. And in ways that's a comment on Japanese society since it's politically run through the above-50 set. They have all the power and basically are Japan, it's why they only got rid of bureaucratic seals recently during COVID.

Sly Saburouta politics? Mei's also in the ultra-wealthy class as well so she's a comment on the top .1% as well. It's funny how it's a poor vs rich relationship. And it's funny how they're quibbling about birthdays when all we wanted was some more of that summer H E A T S T E A M from before chap 36.

My advice is to not keep your pants on or wait and prove your love once and for all.

joined Mar 29, 2019

I think Mei and Yuzu just need to fuck it all out and they won't have anymore relationship drama. Don't you agree? Nod your head, YOU AGREE!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

you passive aggressively deprecate people who don’t process emotions as well as others, which is a very real thing.

This is aggressively missing the point--you think I'm talking about a real (albeit fictional) human being.

I'm talking about about an author's (lack of) craft in constructing a narrative work of art.

last edited at May 21, 2021 8:11PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This is aggressively missing the point--you think I'm talking about a real (albeit fictional) human being.

I'm talking about about an author's (lack of) craft in constructing a narrative work of art.

I hope one day I get to read the version of Citrus and Citrus+ that you read. Must be an interesting experience.

last edited at May 22, 2021 12:27AM

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

2000th comment. Sorry, I had to xd

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

2000th comment. Sorry, I had to xd

2,001 comment here and oh boy, we got some newbies it seems.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

I think Mei and Yuzu just need to fuck it all out and they won't have anymore relationship drama. Don't you agree? Nod your head, YOU AGREE!

YES!!! T_____________________________________________T

joined Jul 10, 2020

I keep lurking every now and again, waiting for the moment they finally did it :P

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Back to trying to teach Meibot how to love
Or maybe Meibot has just been malfunctioning this whole time due to a virus known as "love sickness"

To reply you must either login or sign up.