Forum › She Came Back For Me (True Story) discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yup- I did wonder- the only thing I can think of is for taking the older girl back after she buggered off and left her for 10 years? Or waiting for her.?

last edited at May 10, 2021 12:33PM

joined Mar 5, 2016

Can someone explain to me why the joke in the credits basically calls the mc an idiot, when she was the one who didn't want to break up?

probably because the art fits visually into the idiot sandwhich format

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

More evidence that truth is stupider than fiction.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Can someone explain to me why the joke in the credits basically calls the mc an idiot, when she was the one who didn't want to break up?

It's just a joke. The image was just too much of a low-hanging fruit.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Rather than "we can't get married," my focus was definitely on "How would we explain this to your parents?" MC is still a kid, and the teacher isn't. Having been on both sides of (smaller, but similar) an age gap, I can sympathise with the teacher's unwillingness to drag a kid into a relationship they're "not ready for." Just being on the opposite side of higher education is already a massive gap in life experience.

Of course anyone is welcome to criticise the story on their own terms, but these are meant to be snapshots of reality. I think this functions just fine as one. In real life, there aren't easy character motivations or backstories that explain serious events. Sometimes things happen and there's no good answer why they happened that way.

I'm glad Hana found her happiness. Hopefully it lasts the second time around.

Fair points. I enjoyed that this one-shot presented ideas on society and acceptance...but my major complaint is that I also feel like the author didn't really expand on or explain those ideas well enough. Nice art, some solid ideas, so I hope the author continues to make works in the future and improve as they go.

last edited at May 10, 2021 3:18PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

More evidence that truth is stupider than fiction.

Almost like fiction can be planned out through god perspective

17fc5f58-a1a6-4fda-9386-99deb9efe203
joined Mar 24, 2020

I’d understand maybe like a few years, but a whole ass decade???

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

True (yuri) story bringing yet another masterpiece!

joined Sep 3, 2017

Feeling incredibly gay repressed and depressed as of late so take my irritation with a grain of salt but I can’t understand why y’all wouldn’t understand the 10 year gap. This is biographical. You can’t understand how societal push can cause a break up like that?? Seriously? A lot happens in ten years growth wise. I’m in an area more accepting about lgbt ppl and I still separated from the girl I loved in high school bc of societal pressure and fear. I’m just happy the irl couple was able to get back together and be happy.

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Dang the pacing of this was lightning fast, but it was still cute

Tumblr_nbee0zysh31tbx9b9o1_1280
joined Dec 5, 2014

Maybe the author have to think about a reason without explaining so much, you have to remember the artist have a number of sheets to draw in and possibly they want to dedicate a lot of them in what they think is important, also, many people looks for a excuse to break up in order to not hurt the other person, if the teacher says is because of the age gap the protagonist will probably feels bad with herself for not “being born early” but if it something like marriage (Wich to me is also a valid reason) not being legal for gay couples the other part will think is a problem out of the relation and therefore she was not to blame

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

This was cute but the credits page was even betters

joined Jan 22, 2017

Feeling incredibly gay repressed and depressed as of late so take my irritation with a grain of salt but I can’t understand why y’all wouldn’t understand the 10 year gap. This is biographical. You can’t understand how societal push can cause a break up like that?? Seriously? A lot happens in ten years growth wise. I’m in an area more accepting about lgbt ppl and I still separated from the girl I loved in high school bc of societal pressure and fear. I’m just happy the irl couple was able to get back together and be happy.

People seem to get it, and that is an important and impactful matter to explore in a gay manga love story.

It's just that the structure here doesn't make it easy to connect the dots of it's themes. It is short, but the writer could have used those few pages differently if they wanted to really explore lgbt fear and pressure and happiness.

It's great that you felt a personal and warming connection to the manga; maybe that was part of the author's intent, to not go in to much detail of the relationship so that readers could bring their own experience to it?

(*Apologies ahead of time if breaking it down below feels unfair to the mangaka's irl story or what it meant to you, but here's how I saw it...)

There are three pages of 'Confession Connundrum' (which is cute, but typical and written more like a comedy manga; it's not even about the complexity of gay anxiety, both Hanna and her classmate make no big fuss about same-sex crushes.) Then there's one panel showing the relationship (not even a page, just one box saying they were happy. Then, suddenly, the breakup. And the breakup is the only part that mentions social pressure or fear, with one sharp but cryptic line that, "same-sex couples can't get married legally." (Were they talking of marriage? Were things getting serious and they were contemplating the future? Had Hana not told her parents she was dating? Was Hana graduating or the teacher moving on, and they were at a crossroads?) Then, ten years pass, and the only thing we learn about Hana's life over that time is that she never forgot that relationship... and that she she grew her hair out. Then they come back together (did they plan to meet again, it did they suddenly see each other on the street and sparks flew again?), and we get half a page showing that everything is fine. They still can't get married, it is still a world where being gay has challenges, and they lost ten years of time with each other (or maybe they had ten years of other relationships that prepared them to make it work this time? we don't know,) but Teach is back in Hana's life and she looks cool. The end.

Of all the stories in Ryo Tsuzura's True Yuri Stories collection, this is one that could be well served some day by longer serialization (although Tsuzura's mostly does very comedy, so maybe it's best to leave it short like to, and read into it what we may...)

last edited at May 13, 2021 12:49PM

Maxresdefault%20(1)
joined Jul 27, 2018

Ten years...

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

The reason given for break up was obviously an excuse given that the older girl had no problem being with her if it was the future. Others did not consider this, but the older girl is the first relationship and girlfriend of the younger girl. She could have thought their relationship isn't going to be serious eventually since the latter's still young and have a lot to experience, and then there's society which is another story. Hence her mention of a future where the latter would have eventually grown a lot more, and hopefully a more accepting society.

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

It's way too stupid to be fiction :D

joined Sep 7, 2021

What is a student teacher.. A teacher that's also a student I guess. Even still I highly doubt marriage was gonna be their biggest obstacle in this case.
This manga makes no sense lol. Still, it's a little bit of fun I guess so whatevs works.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Be together in secret or say that y’all are really good friends, and when people get suspicious… deny, deny, deny.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

This makes my head hurt a little. Ten years is a long time. But for the real reason I came here… Why make a parody meme out of a previous parody of the same meme lol? Why not use the source material? I mean, the stupidness of it makes it better, but still…

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

She waited 10 years.

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

What is a student teacher.. A teacher that's also a student I guess. Even still I highly doubt marriage was gonna be their biggest obstacle in this case.
This manga makes no sense lol. Still, it's a little bit of fun I guess so whatevs works.

Basically. A student without a teaching license that assists with the responsibilities of one or more teacher/professor faculty, including occasionally leading a lecture. My limited understanding is this may be with done either with the intention of obtaining a license to teach or not.

last edited at May 24, 2022 2:40PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.