Forum › About That Day Off From Work. discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I liked this one. I don't like the Bisexual tag, it neither describes the content accurately, nor the character(s) accurately, both of whom are stated to have been gay for each other for years at this point. I do like the mix of Childhood Friends and Adult Life. That's a nice, rare combo.

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Yeah, I like Mikanuji best when she leaves the edge at home.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I wheezed when Miki randomly appeared. I love how awkward that situation was and the stare the two gave each other.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Warning

Oh, it's that "I don't want a happy ending." series again. Not reading it.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Warning

There's actually a happy ending in this one, though.

last edited at May 5, 2021 8:02PM

2021-02-06%2003_35_00-window
joined Aug 12, 2018

this artist is god

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

that ending felt off to me but hey! It ended happily :D

cerocincocero
joined May 11, 2018

Cringe.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Cute, although idk how this wasn’t a happy ending lol, not that I’m complaining, we needed some happiness after the last chapter

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

Girl sleeps with multiple guys.
"Oh well you see she is not technically bisexual, because she was also interested in her best friend at the same time."
Get real.

Dy
joined May 3, 2020

aww this was actually so cute i love their expressions lmfao

Lastpersimmondrops
Chi3c
joined Apr 22, 2020

Something especially lovely about the art here, maybe it is a step up in the portrayal of emotion?

Chris2aDegree
Lumity%20kiss%203%20low%20byte
joined Aug 9, 2019

Kana: "Yeah I slowly realized I was in love with Kana because she was the only one who set my heart ablaze."
Miki: "Yeah, idk, Kana was just so fuckin hot in that swimsuit, ya know?"

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Oh wow a happy ending

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Warning

I think people are getting the anthology name mixed up with the actual content in it. SOME series don't have a happy ending, but some do. Actually the one-shot the anthology is named after, funnily enough, DOES have a happy ending and the title is just some fun word play.

That said, give this one a shot. It's not a edge-fest like some of the other ones.

joined Aug 8, 2020

"Oh well you see she is not technically bisexual, because she was also interested in her best friend at the same time."
Get real.

It's called Compulsive Heterosexuality, and it's something a lot of gay people experience before they come out to themselves or feel secure enough to come our to everyone else. See also: Bearding.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Please tell me I'm not the only one who giggled when they read this bottom panel out of context.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Get real.

It's called Compulsive Heterosexuality, and it's something a lot of gay people experience before they come out to themselves or feel secure enough to come our to everyone else. See also: Bearding.

I believe the term is "compulsory", not "compulsive".

Compulsive heterosexuality I imagine would be like, I dunno, Jersey Shore or something

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Finally something not super edgy in this collection :)

Cringe.

A super over used and very commonly misused word that properly describes nothing. Okay then lol

Get real.

I believe the term is "compulsory", not "compulsive".

Compulsive heterosexuality I imagine would be like, I dunno, Jersey Shore or something

Yuri Jersey Shore anime when?

Also yeah, sexuality is super complicated.

last edited at May 5, 2021 10:24PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

This was a cute story and I really wanna like this more but the same-face, even between the two characters, constantly has me misunderstanding who's who. :(

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Love the happy ending but I would have chugged a bottle of bleach immediately if my crush walked in me masturbating to the thought of them.

Miki must have been really down bad to overlook the awkwardness of the situation

last edited at May 5, 2021 10:34PM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Get real.

The truth is that we don't know and it doesn't matter!

last edited at May 5, 2021 10:37PM

joined Mar 30, 2017

I really hate how people feel the need to argue that a character is not really bi and is actually a "pure" lesbian. As if there is something wrong or dirty about someone being bi.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Love the happy ending but I would have chugged a bottle of bleach immediately if my crush walked in me masturbating to the thought of them.

Miki must have been really down bad to overlook the awkwardness of the situation

I think it really depends on the person. I know people that long story short, are fine with the idea of others masturbating to them.

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

Well that was convenient

To reply you must either login or sign up.