Forum › Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy discussion

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Honestly, the bully is the most interesting part of this for me. I don't really have patience for the MC puttering around and such.

Also it's implied the bully pushed MC's crush, right?

Yeah, I think you're right. It appears set up to look like a suicide, but since she goes up there often enough then the bully probably did it. Which could make for an interesting story if MC figures this out and realizes she has to get on good terms with the bully to save Suyeon.

Is nobody going to mention that truck-kun got the MC before the ground could?

One somewhat horrifying aspect is that MC still appears to have the suicidal tendencies from her 29 year old self judging by her walk to the roof mirroring her stair climb in the wedding dress.

Dynasty pro tip: don't check for yuri on the home page. Get all your yuri from the recently added page so you don't miss any. You might catch a batch upload like this, but you'll miss oneshots that are a few days old

last edited at Apr 6, 2021 1:44PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

Honestly, the bully is the most interesting part of this for me. I don't really have patience for the MC puttering around and such.

Yeah, I think you're right. It appears set up to look like a suicide, but since she goes up there often enough then the bully probably did it. Which could make for an interesting story if MC figures this out and realizes she has to get on good terms with the bully to save Suyeon.

Yeah... I'm guessing that in the original timeline the bully figured out that she was finally going to confess and followed her crush to the roof and put an end to it, whether it was intentional or accidental. I think that the end game will be the MC going to school early that day and trying to be on the roof before her girlfriend, because they probably will be by that time, and finding out that the bully comes up and she tries to stop it and ends up going over the edge herself, then wakes up at the age of 29 in bed with her girlfriend.

Kaban_chan_by_tjcooper666_dchtu4u-pre
joined Aug 30, 2014

This story is really interesting so far, read it before I went to bed last night.
I can't wait to see what happens in the end and to see if my theories on the story are correct :) seems like a lot of people here have the same theory.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This is great so far, but I wish I wasn't so bad with Korean's names, I can't remember how any of the characters are called.

Bildschirmfoto_2018-08-23_um_21.02.14
joined Jun 13, 2012

Wow, this story really blew me away! Sometimes, certain stories just captivate me and this story is one of them. I really like how well the characters' feelings are presented. The pace of the story also kept me on edge the whole time. I'm really looking forward to the next chapters!

I think this manhwa also shows really well how a bully can scare the shit out of their victims and prevent them from saying or doing anything to protect themselves. Our MC's bully can look really terrifying when angry, so no wonder our MC gets scared easily. I can't blame her here. This story also made me question whether I would be able to stand up to the bullies from my childhood if I would go back in time. One could say "you're an adult now, so you should be fine" but is that really true? Especially when everyone is ganging up on you. I'm personally not so sure if I would do a better job than our MC here. So, she has my respect!

So far, I got the same bully vibe from Pito's "Her Pet" manhwa which also represented well how a bully acts and justifies themselves. But I haven't read that many Korean works yet, so I just speak from what I have read so far.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So far, I got the same bully vibe from Pito's "Her Pet" manhwa which also represented well how a bully acts and justifies themselves.

God forbid that i hate this bully with all my might since she had no good qualities whatsoever.

joined Jun 13, 2012

So far, I got the same bully vibe from Pito's "Her Pet" manhwa which also represented well how a bully acts and justifies themselves.

God forbid that i hate this bully with all my might since she had no good qualities whatsoever.

Yeah, she is a really cruel person, but that's why I think "Her Pet" represents a bully pretty well. From an outsider's perspective, their actions seem mean and unjustifiable. But the bullies themselves think what they are doing makes sense. They bring up reasons to justify it so that they can believe their doing the right thing. Like the bully in "Her Pet" bullies the MC to get revenge on another girl that was able to beat her. And to the end (if I remember correctly, it has been a while since I last read this manhwa) the bully did not change their viewpoint.

The bully from this story has a similar patter. She thinks it is unfair that the MC shows kindness to her even though the MC likes another girl. Therefore, even though she knows deep down that this is wrong, she thinks of herself as a victim and uses this to justify her actions.

last edited at Apr 12, 2021 6:41AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Tbf Her Pet was kinda terrible all along.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Gee when the mom came in I thought the bully somehow told her about their lesbian exploits. I said I shipped the bully before (still lowkey do) but this relationship development was unexpected and great. They’re so cute and I do love when characters just go “you like me, I like you, let’s kiss” without any messing around.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Surprised they got together so quickly, but that means they’re probably gonna focus more on the outside issues like Suyeon’s parents and Hong Jihee. Looking forward to more!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

You can feel the drama/tragedy building up...

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

The pacing is a bit... jagged. Still liking it to say the least.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I hope that yellow-eyed viper can find something else to do, but it appears several drama llamas have appeared. The two girls sure were cute when they embraced after revealing their feelings.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Sounds gay, is gay. I’m in.

joined Jun 13, 2012

When they confessed to each other and kissed, I was expecting the parents to come home and discover everything. But I was surprised that everything went so smoothly. Considering the drama so far, I assume that even more drama is waiting for us after this cute little break. I just hope that whatever the bully is planning does not go according to her plans. And since MC likely knows now about her girlfriend's parent issues, I'm rooting for MC to support her girl!

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

You can do it Eunha! Don't let Suyeon's mom destroy her spirit like that!

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

In case you were looking for incentive to read this: It's a super gay story about a girl, so gay, she had to kill herself to save the world from her manifestion of gayness turning air into skittles. Her brave sacrifice was so sad, it made the goddess of yuri weep rainbows, that created a wormhole ten years into the past, so our 23 year old protagonist could get some legal, pubescent highschooler action. After bumping fuzzies and shlicking like sista's with scissors, dealing with a cligay bully, her even more stereolesbical best friend, and terribly negligent teachers; she'll combat her most troubling hurdle yet: meeting the parents of her ballerina boo... Stay tuned!

PansexualPannacotta
joined Mar 26, 2021

I love all the characters though while I do find the bully to be annoying I can somewhat sympathize with her. I just hope Park finds all the love in the world! But, I am curious of who she was going to marry. it is possible it was the bully or maybe not but I feel like because she was very timid before she might have agreed to it because she was scared. Just a small ADHD thought that goes through my brain :p

PansexualPannacotta
joined Mar 26, 2021

Yeah... I'm guessing that in the original timeline the bully figured out that she was finally going to confess and followed her crush to the roof and put an end to it, whether it was intentional or accidental. I think that the end game will be the MC going to school early that day and trying to be on the roof before her girlfriend, because they probably will be by that time, and finding out that the bully comes up and she tries to stop it and ends up going over the edge herself, then wakes up at the age of 29 in bed with her girlfriend.

Well I don't want the bully to die. I just want her to grow as a person

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I actually really like the art, and Park's twin-braids-with-glasses design is unbearably cute. But. Fuck, this bullying plot just really turns me off something fierce. And outside of the initial setup, this doesn't really seem like it's willing to do anything interesting with its supernatural premise.

So I'm in the awkward position of liking it, but not really feeling like I want to keep going. I feel bad about that, but the recollection of the scalding was about the point where I noped out. Do you know how hot water has to be to leave fucking scars? Bitch should be in prison, she's lucky the original Park didn't go into shock and die.

last edited at Apr 25, 2021 11:14AM

MajesticJuggler
joined Jul 30, 2021

Honestly, I don't think that's the case, at least not in the original timeline. Suyeon (Eunha/MC's crush) clearly had a LOT of pressure to excel growing up and has been implied to have suicidal tendencies (as seen in chapter 12). Add to that how Eunha was incredibly passive for the most part in the past, it means it's more likely to assume that she genuinely did jump off instead of Jihee/bully pushing Suyeon off the roof. Jihee going completely mental by Suyeon and Eunha becoming an item is possible in this new timeline, but I really doubt it happened before Eunha traveled back into the past.

last edited at Jul 30, 2021 10:50AM

joined Aug 14, 2021

Does this get updated in big batches? Anyone know when the next update is slated for?

joined Aug 30, 2021

tf is wrong with that jihee. If she like eunha she shouldnt be so harsh and mean to her

joined Aug 30, 2021

tf is wrong with that jihee. If she like eunha she shouldnt be so harsh and mean to her

joined Aug 30, 2021

Definitely love the art

To reply you must either login or sign up.