Forum › Big Girl and Small Girl (Web ver.) discussion

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

"...For this 10-year-old grade-schooler."

...NOPE.

I could see younger, sure. I could see high school, I could even see a particularly mature early teen... But TEN YEARS OLD? No way in hell. That's beyond the point of believable, even with manga's broad range of "believable".

it's not even her size i have a problem with. i can see there being really rare cases of a kid just growing and developing that large/fast. but it's the things she says, her expressions, her behavior, her vocabulary, that makes this completely unbelievable. i actually enjoy reading this because i simply do not read this as her being ten, and i like the art/their interactions.

Yeah, it's more like a 16 Yr old that is aware of her proportions. It's so weird. It just takes me out of the story and if they just said she is 16 it would still be the same freaking setup.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

While most everyone is here trying to wrap their heads around this series, I'm just sitting here sipping my tea and enjoying the ride haha

last edited at Apr 5, 2021 11:03PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

When I searched for the Baka-updates page for this manga I got a warning about child sexual abuse imagery being illegal. Which is weird considering this manga is pretty tame.

last edited at Apr 5, 2021 11:14PM

joined May 24, 2014

Yes, PERFECT motivation!

joined Sep 27, 2017

When I searched for the Baka-updates page for this manga I got a warning about child sexual abuse imagery being illegal. Which is weird considering this manga is pretty tame.

Ahahahaha, what the hell?

Uohh
joined Mar 19, 2014

10 years old? Maybe on each tit.
It's so unrealistic it's comical. And I don't even care about the age gap lol

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Onee-san always with the goofy faces.

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

I got a feeling this is gonna end with it all being a misunderstanding, I mean, "10yo" is always with this one little girl, left with her, was walking around town with her, was doing "her" homework with her, so it's probably her sister or smth (like someone else said) and she's just pretending to be the grade-schooler

joined May 28, 2018

I got a feeling this is gonna end with it all being a misunderstanding, I mean, "10yo" is always with this one little girl, left with her, was walking around town with her, was doing "her" homework with her, so it's probably her sister or smth (like someone else said) and she's just pretending to be the grade-schooler

I heard that this one has its series and in the series, that "10yo" is confirmed :(

joined Jul 26, 2016

Tae makes the best "I'm so fucked" faces seriously

same energy

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

All you need is the right motivation.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

trang1104 posted:

I heard that this one has its series and in the series, that "10yo" is confirmed :(

Excellent. Now all the whiny complainers who were holding out for the unicorn that is "it's just a misunderstanding" can finally make up their minds about whether or not they'll keep following this. To anyone that do, I would greatly appreciate it if you refrain from continuing to whine about this over and over with every new chapter; it adds nothing to the discussion, is irrelevant, is very distracting and annoying, is simply unnecessary, and most of all will not lead to anything that you'd consider positive.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

When the character even fools the artist, that's some advanced level pretending.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

This comment section: "why is there an age gap in this age gap tagged doujin?

jesus for real. what did you guys think this would be when you saw the tags? also, she is most definitely elementary school, and it's not just the backpack. the other real giveaway is the chapter with her struggling with her math. elementary school math. i still just read it as she's older myself, cause her behavior is just way too mature to believe she's in elementary. it's not that i have issues with someone looking like her in elementary. she just simply doesn't act like one to me. it's too hard to see her as one.

last edited at Apr 6, 2021 10:09PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

jesus for real. what did you guys think this would be when you saw the tags?

Your sarcasm detector needs new batteries.

it's not that i have issues with someone looking like her in elementary. she just simply doesn't act like one to me. it's too hard to see her as one.

I already briefly described one possible reasonable explanation you know. To elaborate on that, look at it like this - most strangers who encounter her will assume her to be much older than she is (like Tae did on first encounter) and treat her as such, which is going to be pretty confusing for someone that age right? (If probably also rather flattering, given how children tend to want to be regarded as "big boys/girls.") So what's a by all indications rather confident and go-getter sort of bright kid do about it?

Her figurative homework - try to research how a "big girl" is supposed to react and act.

Following this hypothesis, her source material would likely primarily have been such popular fiction (and probably youth magazines) as could be readily accessed... which one imagines has left her with a somewhat skewed idea of how to act with "grownups" and no real understanding of the various underlying nuances and significances. In particular - possible TaeVision™ embellishments nonwithstanding - those coquettish moves she pulls off with such aplomb may simply be an affectation she absorbed from such dubious research without any real idea of the actual meaning thereof, and just does because they elicit very entertaining reactions from adults in general and this tiny funny onee-san she recently made friends with in particular...

joined Aug 10, 2014

I need someone to start posting the serialization, I want to see how insane this can get with what I assume will be more plot development from a serialization

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

Tae makes the best "I'm so fucked" faces seriously

same energy

Why did this this made me laugh so much

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

trang1104 posted:

Excellent. Now all the whiny complainers who were holding out for the unicorn that is "it's just a misunderstanding" can finally make up their minds about whether or not they'll keep following this. To anyone that do, I would greatly appreciate it if you refrain from continuing to whine about this over and over with every new chapter; it adds nothing to the discussion, is irrelevant, is very distracting and annoying, is simply unnecessary, and most of all will not lead to anything that you'd consider positive.

Idk if this was directed at me or not but I wasn't whining ;v; Just saying what I thought at the time

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

imagine if someone saw this in public and thinks Mai is the lolicon instead of Tae

joined Aug 24, 2016

Even aside from precocious puberty (treating this is one of the medical uses for hormone blockers by the way), normal variance means that there are 173cm (5'8") and even taller 2nd-3rd (5th-6th) graders. The closest elementary school has a 6th grader around 180cm (~5"11').

Medical resources for problematic cases:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/precocious-puberty/symptoms-causes/syc-20351811

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

She's always watching, always waiting.

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

Well this chapter certainly showed just how ridiculously older she looks compared to her peers.

joined Jun 3, 2014

I was waiting for the teacher to call out to onee-chan

joined Sep 27, 2017

Well this chapter certainly showed just how ridiculously older she looks compared to her peers.

She's around...twice their size? Or more? Kind of hilarious lol

joined May 15, 2021

I know this is morally bad but hoo boy the little one san is having a bad time keeping her temple, the only thing that keeps her from doing something more is the fact that she is 10yo XD oh dear god this is gold, she might even get a horny frenzy

To reply you must either login or sign up.