joined Feb 28, 2015

Whew

KingSavage365
Img_20200623_130439
joined Jan 24, 2015

Good lord I haven't cried this much in a while

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

ngl, that goatee looks damn fine on him.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Really great story, came close to crying by the end...

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Really great story, came close to crying by the end...

Same. It is not a story I can relate to on a personal level or anything, but all three main characters felt real like real people and it made you feel for them.

Ec324dcc-cdf2-41b8-a84a-08270b64c8bc
joined Feb 20, 2019

Wow... What a great story

Thinkamen
joined Oct 26, 2018

well that was great

Images
joined Jun 11, 2020

Man this was such a nice read

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Cool read.

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

[fnord] cringe

Hey can you please go back inside of the sewer thank you

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 5:09PM by OrangePekoe

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Really happy that the father survived in the end. Chiaki deserved to be happy, after all the suffering he went through.

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 9:22AM

joined Feb 23, 2020

Almost cried, also I'm so happy that the dad is fine.

joined Mar 25, 2021

very very good

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

I'm conflicted how the narrative seems to support the thinking that scars and hunting are manly but I think overall it's a moving piece. It's a frank and realistic depiction of dysphoria and the state of trans healthcare. The dream surgery scene was especially powerful; I have had similar daydreams, though as a trans woman they instead had doctors stretching my hipbones and sewing my vocal folds tighter and stuff like that.

I also love that the very first page is like..."Chiaki...is a MAN." A very clear thesis statement from the jump.

For what it's worth, GID is not a diagnosis in the DSM for almost 8 years at this point. I don't know how it is in Japan though, maybe they still do that. The more accepted term now is "gender dysphoria", which more accurately describes the problem as the dysphoria felt about one's body rather than the identity discrepancy itself.

While not the primary focus, showing the extreme effects of cancer treatment was also heavy but honest, which I respect.

PS - re: [slur] cringe - The good news is that I never felt the need for a report function until right now, but the bad news is I don't know of a way to let mods know we have a chucklefuck on our hands. Hopefully that's the last we hear from them though.

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

[fnord] cringe

Hey can you please go back inside of the sewer thank you

And here we are one of the examples of why I think society will never fully accept trans and some individual in LGBTQ+ that is very toxic doesn't really help either.

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 5:10PM by OrangePekoe

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

PS - re: [slur] cringe - The good news is that I never felt the need for a report function until right now, but the bad news is I don't know of a way to let mods know we have a chucklefuck on our hands. Hopefully that's the last we hear from them though.

For now, the FAQ, Help and Suggestions thread seems to be the go to place for reporting that kind of thing. (Though I expect it won't be long until the mods catch wind of it anyway.) In the meantime, try not to respond, particularly if it involves quoting the offensive language.

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

That friend is a true MVP. Wish I had a friend like him back in the day.

joined Feb 1, 2013

Reading this was an emotional roller-coaster. There were moments that made me cringe, mostle because I'm squeamish when it comes to being cut with a blade. Still, I get the message of this manga, about being true to the person you feel that you are (not sure I worded that quite right). I would have liked more insight into Takatou (I really liked him!), but oh well. It took me a little while to realize the old man at the end was Chiaki's dad- meaning he went through with the chemo.

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 9:50AM

Hinch17d_400x400
joined Jul 31, 2018

That was a really good story

Villains
joined May 1, 2015

Don't reply to trolls.

Good manga, very well done story. Although that facial hair he has at the end is awful, I hope it keeps growing in, or he gets comfortable enough to start shaving it.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

[fnord] cringe

Bye. And just for the sake of clarity, the user in question - whose name shall be lost to history - chose to comment on a manga they didn't like, and resort to slurs in an attempt to...do something. Please consider reading the rules in full before posting. Thank you, take care.

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 5:12PM

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

That's deep and realistic. I really appreciated that there are more manga about LGBTQ other than lesbians and gays.

joined May 31, 2019

the title along with the transgender tag kinda scared me on the first look lol. Great read.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

The cover where Chiaki is strung up on the meat hooks is so visceral and perfectly sets the tone for this. I’m really relieved that Chiaki got his happy end there, wonderful story.

Takatou is a real bro in all this, it’s cool that they’ve stayed friends for all these years too.

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 10:25AM

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

I like the happy ending. I was scared it was gonna be more bitter-leaning kind of bittersweet. But that end with his dad accepting him and being alive at the end, that's the good stuff. And yes Takataro best bro.

To reply you must either login or sign up.