Forum › Who Decided That Blues Had To Be Cool!? discussion

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

So close so close

I still think Ruby knows (I hope ruby knows)

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

"I'm the one who understands you the most"
Hmm. She might know Azu's true identity all along.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I think Ruby knows because I bet she actually lowkey stalks azurite. This is starting to feel like a Katarina/Maria type situation where one constantly confesses and the other acts like an idiot trying to hide a secret that ultimately doesn’t matter too much

last edited at Mar 30, 2021 12:05PM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I love the faces of this manga. Little background Ruby's face is adorable.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I really dont think Ruby knows, i think Ruby would be unable to hold back if she ever knowingly met Azusa

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I love the faces of this manga. Little background Ruby's face is adorable.

The art style really is one of this manga's strong points. The character's facial expressions and body language are super expressive and adorkable.

last edited at Mar 31, 2021 9:57AM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I really dont think Ruby knows, i think Ruby would be unable to hold back if she ever knowingly met Azusa

Yes, I think it's pretty obvious from this chapter that Ruby is still totally clueless. Which leaves us with the question of what that sideways glance from before was all about... Let's see. What's the worst case scenario for Azusa? How about this: Ruby's made it her mission to bring the gloomy and taciturn Azusa out of her shell, and has formulated a plan that involves "accidentally" running into her in the street and striking up a conversation. About magical girls, naturally. While Azusa's wearing the lamest outfit possible because she was only popping out to the convenience store. And then a monster appears which needs their combined strength to defeat it. To Be Continued!

Bildschirmfoto_2018-08-23_um_21.02.14
joined Jun 13, 2012

Yes, I think it's pretty obvious from this chapter that Ruby is still totally clueless. Which leaves us with the question of what that sideways glance from before was all about... Let's see. What's the worst case scenario for Azusa? How about this: Ruby's made it her mission to bring the gloomy and taciturn Azusa out of her shell, and has formulated a plan that involves "accidentally" running into her in the street and striking up a conversation. About magical girls, naturally. While Azusa's wearing the lamest outfit possible because she was only popping out to the convenience store. And then a monster appears which needs their combined strength to defeat it. To Be Continued!

Sounds interesting. If that was a fan-fiction, I would read it :) But of course, it would also be cool, if that is actually going to happen.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

That encounter was disappointingly short and absent of lots of Azusa gushing.

joined Mar 16, 2021

So Poryu can say the opening dialogue of a magical girl, can we infer that Poryu has a girl's voice.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Whoa, yandere much, ruby?

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Just an FYI, I am currently working on chapter 20 (as well as new Neji, new Regret It extras, and rely on magic chap 8). Next week the series is on break, so I am going to take my time with this chapter, it has a boatload of redrawing, may take a few days.

last edited at Apr 6, 2021 1:04PM

A19ded9f-54f4-424a-a03b-735668ae4682
joined Mar 31, 2021

i like this manga a lot, most magical girl parodies/satire/deconstruction go the shameless gross over the top ecchi or the horror aspect (which basically only madoka has done well), so a comedy is nice to see. i also love chunnibyou characters so that's the cherry on top

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

For no particular reason, I really love the way the artist draws comically happy/giddy expressions like this

A19ded9f-54f4-424a-a03b-735668ae4682
joined Mar 31, 2021

one more thing, this artist usually draws genre subversions or yuri comedies, both of which i like, so i'm glad that they found a way to incorporate both tbh

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Woo hoo! The universe is expanding! I'm glad we got to see some other jewels and their designs are also super cute!

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

I finally get it, Blues are fucking dorks. They're so cute lol

joined Feb 22, 2018

Celestine: Strontium Sulfate. This mineral is pale blue.
Iolite (AKA gem form Cordierite): Magnesium Iron Aluminum Cyclosilicate. Iolite actually comes from the Greek word for violet (deep blue). AKA "water sapphire" or "Viking's Compass."
Linarite: Copper Lead Sulfate Hydroxide. A somewhat rare mineral.
Azurite: Copper Carbonate Hydroxide.

joined Jun 1, 2016

I guess all Blue characters are chunibyo otakus lol. With a few exceptions of course

joined Feb 22, 2018

Pink minerals: Kunzite (1), Morganite (2), Rhodochrosite, Rhodolite (3), Rhodonite (4).

(1) Name used by a Sailor Moon character, in this case one of the Shitennou, the four generals of Queen Beryl. Was killed by Sailor Moon in first series finale.
(2) Name of a Steven Universe character. Fusion of Ruby and Pearl. An Unknown Gem shown in flashback.
(3): Pink Pyrope (Garnet)
(4): Name of a Steven Universe character. Another (recurring) Ruby and Pearl fusion.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

@Arcane dropping the science on us, respect.

I finally get it, Blues are fucking dorks. They're so cute lol

Except Lunarite, for some reason. Was she miscast or is it all just a big coincidence? Also, I really hoped that when asked about her sword's name, Azusa would manage to say something like "It's just a weapon to fight evil, it doesn't need a name", but I guess a chuuni name worked just as well to establish her rep. :-)

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Now I want a chapter where four Pink Magical Girls have to group up and we get to see their personality types. I also want to see how Ruby would act in a group without Azurite.

last edited at Apr 7, 2021 5:41AM

joined May 23, 2015

A full team of chuuniblues.

joined Oct 9, 2011

Now I want a chapter where four Pink Magical Girls have to group up we get to see their personality types. I also want to see how Ruby would act in a group without Azurite.

Wouldnt it just be a chapter where they gush about the blue they're teamed up with, knowing this series?

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Now I want a chapter where four Pink Magical Girls have to group up we get to see their personality types. I also want to see how Ruby would act in a group without Azurite.

Wouldnt it just be a chapter where they gush about the blue they're teamed up with, knowing this series?

That would be great. I would love to see them have an argument over who's blue is better.

To reply you must either login or sign up.