Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Snapdragon beans
Screen%20shot%202018-12-15%20at%202.44.04%20am
joined Oct 27, 2018

WHY IS EVERY MANGA I LIKE LICENSED? Hem, hem.

I hope someone else picks it up.
Coolmic is the worst.

I wouldn't mind buying hard copies, but Coolmic is just... blah.

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 9:17PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Does Azul's new transformation name mean something?

A maiden of thin ice

Maiden usually refers to unmarried female virgin

Thin Ice is often dangerous can either be something you slip on or fall through.

So Azul is a woman whose virginity is in danger.

From earlier: "Verglas, a climbing term referring to a thin coating of glaze ice on rock (also of common usage in French)"
Emphasis added; reads like implying solidity and reliability underlying a clear and beautiful surface to me which would certainly sound very "Magical Girl" thematic. Or something seemingly innocuous that can cost you your life given that context I guess (Cambridge French-English also gives "glare ice" ie. black ice, the sort they put warning signs by roads about), take your pick... wouldn't be surprised if the author was deliberately going for such multiple meanings.

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

sign me up on the "i'd buy hard copy, but fuck coolmic"

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

Oh, Utena decides that Blues has to be cool

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Time for the manga to prove why Utena x Azul is the best.

joined Jul 26, 2016

On another note I'm guessing Sulfur will be getting her obligatory powerup next, given she's been lowkey going through a sequence analogous to Azul back then.

joined Apr 6, 2013

On another note I'm guessing Sulfur will be getting her obligatory powerup next, given she's been lowkey going through a sequence analogous to Azul back then.

Totally agree and given Azul's true form here, I would say Sulfur's power fists are kinda like when in Dragonball Z Trunks used that Bulky SSJ 1.5 form. Its powerful but its only a half finished transformation.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Totally agree and given Azul's true form here, I would say Sulfur's power fists are kinda like when in Dragonball Z Trunks used that Bulky SSJ 1.5 form. Its powerful but its only a half finished transformation.

inb4 she goes full Asura's Wrath or bootleg Hulkbuster suit o3o

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

I have no personal experience with coolmic (maybe because they don't translate in Italian), are they that bad?

last edited at Mar 25, 2021 1:41AM

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

More like Magia Based

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

I have no personal experience with coolmic (maybe because they don't translate in Italian), are they that bad?

So far it's been readable. A bit stilted in some places and the way they split it up is really annoying (instead of following the actual chapters it's sold in 10 page 'episodes' but sometimes one of the pages of those episodes is the chapter page that says "episode 2" when you're on episode 4 according to coolmic) but it's like 50 cents for 10 pages so it's cheap.

Overall it's not fantastic but it's at least better than what seven seas did to Next Door Demon Girl

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

Surprise mid-season upgrade!

Hikamaru%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

So far it's been readable. A bit stilted in some places and the way they split it up is really annoying (instead of following the actual chapters it's sold in 10 page 'episodes' but sometimes one of the pages of those episodes is the chapter page that says "episode 2" when you're on episode 4 according to coolmic) but it's like 50 cents for 10 pages so it's cheap.

Overall it's not fantastic but it's at least better than what seven seas did to Next Door Demon Girl

Did 7 Seas mess up the Demon girl next door manga? It is one of the ones I would really want physical.

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

it's also only accessible on phones.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Did 7 Seas mess up the Demon girl next door manga? It is one of the ones I would really want physical.

https://twitter.com/Hyoton1/status/1360813695408869376

https://twitter.com/monmoman/status/1354538263332216832

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

50 cents for 10 pages is over half the price of a paperback copy... for a one time digital read. That's not cheap. It is literally cheaper to buy a copy on kindle, and a t least then you can download it locally and read it whenever you want.

last edited at Mar 25, 2021 10:14AM

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

50 cents for 10 pages is over half the price of a paperback copy... for a one time digital read. That's not cheap. It is literally cheaper to buy a copy on kindle, and a t least then you can download it locally and read it whenever you want.

It unlocks it forever or until their deal with the author expires so I'm not sure how it's one time but you're actually right on it not being cheap when I think about it. Unfortunately it's not on Kindle so we're stuck with what we have

joined Jul 6, 2018

Holy hell, 50 cents for a single 10 pages read? How can a company this scummy be able to afford a license?

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Really glad Tres Magia is back on spotlight as their main opposing enemy, as it should be, that last arc felt so unnecessary especially if was meant basically to add only two characters as recurring cast.

Reduceimagesize.net_60kb_896
joined Jul 12, 2020

Heh, i like that we're all "fck coolmic, hard copy where" instead of discussing that lots of tentacle tag. At this point(always have been), it's just a yuri hentai with lots of censorship, but with reasonable plot

And yes, fck coolmic

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Is not full hentai and yet it gets me more excited than many full hentai doujins ... or course, the fact that we know these characters very well help a lot but the teasing and "punishment" are so damn hot

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Serenata posted:

Is not full hentai and yet it gets me more excited than many full hentai doujins ... or course, the fact that we know these characters very well help a lot but the teasing and "punishment" are so damn hot

So damn on point, Serenata.

joined Nov 14, 2014

That Baizer's face at the end! <3 Can't wait for the next chapter!

Fc30b8c18898ba98167bd0db444c72ba-compressed
joined Sep 25, 2020

I can't wait when baiser will break sulfur

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I can't wait when baiser will break sulfur

I know right? So nice to see Sulfur getting beat or humiliated... This time Baiser completely defeated her... And I don't know how far in her corruption Baiser will go.... Can't wait to see it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.