Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

12%20weird%20themed%20restaurants%20in%20tokyo,%20japan
joined Mar 4, 2021

HELL YEAH AZUL LET'S GOOOOO

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

Does Azul's new transformation name mean something?

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 5:38PM

Wwdemon150
joined Mar 11, 2018

It's the Mid-Season Upgrade!

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I hope someone else picks this back up. It'd be a shame to let it die when it's getting so good.

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 7:55PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Just to be clear, this manga is being dropped by Helvetica Scans as has always been our policy with licensed series.
Thanks for coming along with us until now.
Please support the official release.

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 5:44PM

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

I love how insane she’s gotten

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Time to buy some manga

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Nosebleed posted:

Just to be clear, this manga is being dropped by Helvetica Scans as has always been our policy with licensed series.

Thank you for your work and clarification! Much appreciated.

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 5:49PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Of the meanings Wiki gives my money's on

Verglas, a climbing term referring to a thin coating of glaze ice on rock (also of common usage in French)

given her ice-themed powerset.

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 5:49PM

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

Verglas, a climbing term referring to a thin coating of glaze ice on rock (also of common usage in French)

Makes sense. Thanks.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

It's licensed?! Nooooooooooooo.....

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I definitely want this on my shelves, is the license going to have a physical release? I've never heard of coolmic before.
edit: looks like they're a digital platform on a phone app. sad shelves.

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 6:25PM

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Aww damnit So I'm going to have to wait for the licensed version to catch up? And it sounds like they don't have a good track record for good translations either

uuuurgh

Thanks for your hard work

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Makes sense. Thanks.

Also "La Verità" are the italian words for "The Truth"
No idea what to make out of it, especially given how her creations are called Schiavos which is also the italian word of Slave
The mangaka surely love using international words.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Ugh you don't even get a full chapter per 'episode'

T~T

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 6:39PM

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Well this was a great manga while it lasted. I sure hope someone else picks this up. I'll buy a physical version of this, but I'm not buying tickets to read 10 pages at a time.
Edit: Seriously, fuck coolmic. You can't view their site on a desktop browser, only a mobile one, and they aren't even accepting new subscription members at the moment. They're creating a false shortage of the privilege of giving them money.

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 6:43PM

joined Mar 24, 2021

ebbwnsgwhw all these coincidences they still haven't noticedhdhshhsanja anyway, it's really been nice amd fun so far

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Well this was a great manga while it lasted. I sure hope someone else picks this up. I'll buy a physical version of this, but I'm not buying tickets to read 10 pages at a time.
Edit: Seriously, fuck coolmic. You can't view their site on a desktop browser, only a mobile one, and they aren't even accepting new subscription members at the moment. They're creating a false shortage of the privilege of giving them money.

So it's been "licensed" but not in any useful way. That's unfortunate.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, that is sad to hear, considering your comment on their quality... Hopefully someone else will pick it up, then.

joined Dec 18, 2013

Supporting predatory garbage licensing companies is not a good way to support the author. If you want to throw them a bone, import the original books or buy merch and continue reading fan translations.

Crunchyroll et al are truly garbage companies filled with arrogant, underperforming tools that have done shady, anti-consumer things many times, and they pay pennies for licensing. Not to mention all the unqualified moralizers that "localize" instead of accurately translating things, because while they're pretending to be for social justice, they're actually just racists and cultural imperialists.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Cant you ben your policy if the licensing is garbage?

Or is it about being sued

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

Tsk, I won't paying in dollars to read 10 pages at a time (the current exchange rates of my coutry's currency are just terrible).

I hope there's some good Spanish scanlation or some other language I can understand better than japanese.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

And here i am with my physical french licensing.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Also "La Verità" are the italian words for "The Truth"

Other than the usual grandiose Magical Girl naming tropes that's probably referring to her realisation and acceptance of her "true self" and the resulting inner strength and self-confidence.

No idea what to make out of it, especially given how her creations are called Schiavos which is also the italian word of Slave

Slav actually. See also related sword - she's the sword-wielder among the group after all.

As for the reason the term "slave" is derived from the ethnonym see here and here - the last pagan peoples (ie. legitimate targets of enslavement and slave trade) in Europe simply happened to be Slavic hence the association. (The final holdout Lithuania finally converted in 1387 and its western province Samogitia had to wait until the eviction of the Knights Teutonic in 1417.)

joined Apr 6, 2013

A maiden of thin ice

Maiden usually refers to unmarried female virgin

Thin Ice is often dangerous can either be something you slip on or fall through.

So Azul is a woman whose virginity is in danger.

To reply you must either login or sign up.