Forum › Omegaverse Sisters discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Can't say I'm impressed.

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

Isn't omegaverse being mostly a Yaoi thing ?

Yes. It started as yaoi thing, but like with everything, people liked it and started to use it to het and yuri as well, as seen in this story. And when applied to yuri story, the omega tropes become really insulting since alpha has a dick.

Joddascus posted:

Examining the power/consent dynamics in omegaverse stuff is not going to be super productive since dubcon is kinda baked in.

Yes, that's why I said ignoring that, though I'm definitely not happy with those stories continuing spreading those toxic power relationships and it's not rape if they enjoyed it message.

Yeah I think this is what bothers me, there's this constant narrative of "it's not rape if they enjoyed it". It's the fact that it's backed by this entire fandom, and produces so many stories with that narrative. I always say fiction is fiction, and people should write and read what they want...but it feels strange to me that there's an entire large and growing fandom with this mentality.

Yeah, that's seem to be going here with what the description of the sisters said, you can translate by "the little sister humily and rape her big sister but it's ok since they love each other and the big sister is in reality a M". It's like the author try to cover themselves.
Tbh, i would rather had the Mikanuji Omegaverse HinaSayo Futa doujin to begin this tag but i feel like it's rather an exception in the genre.

Which doujin is this... asking for a friend

joined Apr 28, 2019

i like omegaverse...but don't like 2 of the tags SMFH

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

saayuw posted:

Incest and Yuri?

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Hmm... It's not often you see a girl with a penis who has problems getting it up. Points for originality, I guess?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Lilliwyt posted:

Isn't omegaverse being mostly a Yaoi thing ?

Yes. It started as yaoi thing, but like with everything, people liked it and started to use it to het and yuri as well, as seen in this story. And when applied to yuri story, the omega tropes become really insulting since alpha has a dick.

Joddascus posted:

Examining the power/consent dynamics in omegaverse stuff is not going to be super productive since dubcon is kinda baked in.

Yes, that's why I said ignoring that, though I'm definitely not happy with those stories continuing spreading those toxic power relationships and it's not rape if they enjoyed it message.

Yeah I think this is what bothers me, there's this constant narrative of "it's not rape if they enjoyed it". It's the fact that it's backed by this entire fandom, and produces so many stories with that narrative. I always say fiction is fiction, and people should write and read what they want...but it feels strange to me that there's an entire large and growing fandom with this mentality.

Yeah, that's seem to be going here with what the description of the sisters said, you can translate by "the little sister humily and rape her big sister but it's ok since they love each other and the big sister is in reality a M". It's like the author try to cover themselves.
Tbh, i would rather had the Mikanuji Omegaverse HinaSayo Futa doujin to begin this tag but i feel like it's rather an exception in the genre.

Which doujin is this... asking for a friend

This one

joined Mar 14, 2021

saayuw posted:

Incest and Yuri?

Uhh probably Incest and Rape

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

AshtheFan posted:

saayuw posted:

Incest and Yuri?

But they said they like omegaverse and rape is core part of it?

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Mpreg while a bit strange to me, is fine enough. People want kids and a happy fantasy. So I get it. I just don't get why Omegaverse content has rape baked so heavily into it...and weird "justifications" for the rape.

Rape fiction as an outlet for internalized misogyny I understand well enough (though I am not a big fan of it either), and I don't think it's coincidental that omegaverse stuff is (from my limited delving into the medium) written and read mostly by women.

That said, the justifications built into Omegaverse creep me out. At least most overt/explicit rape stories are forthright that their content is about unacceptable behavior; I'm more creeped out by the stories that try to sanitize it.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

saayuw posted:

Incest and Yuri?

yuri and lots of sex surely

joined Oct 12, 2017

This looks like a whole lot of angst.

I'm here for it. ::shrug::

joined Jan 23, 2020

Finally some omegaverse on this site! This makes me very happy, I would rather happier tags but my motto is "more forbidden kinda tags make the works better" so I'm fine with incest and rape... for fictional works don't send the FBI after me lol

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

saayuw posted:

Incest and Yuri?

Does the yuri tag even belong? iirc, it should only be used alongside futanari if they're depicted in seperate incidents (eg. it starts off yuri and then one girl grows a magic dong). Unless there's some homomegasexuals appearing later in this series that I don't know about, it should probably just be the futa tag.

joined Oct 16, 2016

Same kinda strange to see a yuri tag used for a female with a penis and another girl sexual act. There's futanari for that since the penis is a constant thing for the girl and whole omegaverse deal of relation mimicking heterosexual dominant one.

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

I like omegaverse.
Just not with this subalpha and domega angsty setting.
I Like more dom alpha and sub omega. Tags whatever just should be love there.

Wish I was born in a world like that, as a tall, strong, long blond haired amazon alpha dom :D
I would chase my cute little omega princess with my love.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Same kinda strange to see a yuri tag used for a female with a penis and another girl sexual act. There's futanari for that since the penis is a constant thing for the girl and whole omegaverse deal of relation mimicking heterosexual dominant one.

There are, in fact, lesbians with penises in real life!

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

saayuw posted:

Incest and Yuri?

Does the yuri tag even belong? iirc, it should only be used alongside futanari if they're depicted in seperate incidents (eg. it starts off yuri and then one girl grows a magic dong). Unless there's some homomegasexuals appearing later in this series that I don't know about, it should probably just be the futa tag.

Yuri isn't invalidated by the presence of a dong.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Joddascus posted:

You're correct, but according to Dynasty's tagging rules Futanari and Yuri should never be tagged together, so Anon has a point.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Joddascus posted:

You're correct, but according to Dynasty's tagging rules Futanari and Yuri should never be tagged together, so Anon has a point.

Ah, I didn't realize that there was a rule like that.

joined Aug 28, 2016

Personally, I'm glad that omegaverse fiction is still finding new and refreshing ways to be problematic.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Joddascus posted:

Ah, I didn't realize that there was a rule like that.

I mean, it's still two girls so in the end i can see the point but in hentai, seem there is not that much difference between TransYuri and Futa.

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

I haven’t been this hyped reading the words “part 1” in a while

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

#48 :)
Thanks for the translation!! Cool material! more please!

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

I really dislike the Omegaverse thing due to it's association with a disproven science article, I'm pretty sure it was disproven by the same guy that wrote it.

It was family dynamics the whole time omega was mother, alpha was father, beta's were their pups which makes the whole thing way weirder and more uncomfortable.

Images
joined Aug 31, 2020

Omegaverse yuri are kinda popping up these days (ok this is like the second I have seen. The other was “Best Friends” manwha).

Still really interested to see where this story is going. Don’t get me wrong rape is not fine OBVIOUSLY. But it’s omegaverse so it’s kinda not that surprising. ( ̄ー ̄)

To reply you must either login or sign up.