Forum › Omegaverse Sisters discussion

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Joddascus posted:

Yuri isn't invalidated by the presence of a dong.

You're correct, but according to Dynasty's tagging rules Futanari and Yuri should never be tagged together, so Anon has a point.

Ah, I didn't realize that there was a rule like that.

I mean, it's still two girls so in the end i can see the point but in hentai, seem there is not that much difference between TransYuri and Futa.

Yeah, trying to read futa stuff as trans can be nice, but it can also be a dysphoric hell. Like anything it comes down to the work and person who's watching.

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

I've never really seen the appeal of omegaverse stuff. I skimmed over a few fanfics of that genre on ao3, and it's always seemed like just futanari where everyone is really mean to one another.

joined Mar 14, 2021

AshtheFan posted:

saayuw posted:

i like omegaverse...but don't like 2 of the tags SMFH

Incest and Yuri?

Uhh probably Incest and Rape

But they said they like omegaverse and rape is core part of it?

?? Omegaverse does not equal rape. That's why they are separate tags.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

AshtheFan posted:

?? Omegaverse does not equal rape.

Except dubcon is like essential part of entire genre? Like you can write story using omegaverse rules that's 100% consensual, but entire point of alpha and omega dynamic is to justify alphas taking omegas by force, so vast majority of stories are pretty much rape?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Would ask that we not dwell too heavily on tagging in this thread any further, or overly general comments on the Omegaverse genre. We have a thread for that already. Thank you.

Joddascus posted:

Joddascus posted:

Yuri isn't invalidated by the presence of a dong.

You're correct, but according to Dynasty's tagging rules Futanari and Yuri should never be tagged together, so Anon has a point.

Ah, I didn't realize that there was a rule like that.

I will repeat that you're correct, but as a general rule we treat Futanari as a genre of fiction distinct from Yuri, Transgender and the transgender experience in general. If you wish to understand our reasoning further, you may refer to the top of this post. (Please note that this was typed up in some haste, and may be slightly amended later.)

last edited at Mar 14, 2021 11:38PM

joined Jan 30, 2021

The story could use some more build up because right now it feels rushed to tell the backstory in one chapter

Kaban_chan_by_tjcooper666_dchtu4u-pre
joined Aug 30, 2014

holy crap omegaverse is literally one of my favorite types of AU's I'm surprised to see something lime this made into a manga! Looking forward to more :D

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 15, 2014

Honestly no different than a succubus

joined Mar 14, 2021

AshtheFan posted:

?? Omegaverse does not equal rape.

Except dubcon is like essential part of entire genre? Like you can write story using omegaverse rules that's 100% consensual, but entire point of alpha and omega dynamic is to justify alphas taking omegas by force, so vast majority of stories are pretty much rape?

Maybe it's different on the yaoi side or I'm just real good at avoiding it. But I think it's more about the roles themselves. To me it's just like futanari with built in top/bottom dynamics and some other kinks. I can see how it can be easily used to portray dubcon/rape but that's more up to the author and how they choose to write it imo.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I will repeat that you're correct, but as a general rule we treat Futanari as a genre of fiction distinct from Yuri, Transgender and the transgender experience in general. If you wish to understand our reasoning further, you may refer to the top of this post. (Please note that this was typed up in some haste, and may be slightly amended later.)

That reasoning makes sense to me. I wasn't thinking of the futa tag in terms of broader genre distinction. Thanks for taking the time to explain the reason for the policy!

On topic, I liked how the artist depicted the intrusive, horny thoughts during the piano performance.

Also, it feels like the artist very accurately rendered the effects of estrogen on a penis and its functions. Like, I ain't saying the artist is intimately familiar with girl dick, buuuuuut

joined Jun 3, 2014

I here for the younger sister dom and subverting power dynamics.

joined Sep 22, 2015

Oh. First yuri omegaverse in Dynasty? Nice. The first one I read was the manhwa Best Friends which was alright. No explicit sausage too. But this? Maann. This lil sis is a dick..will see how this story pans out though.

Pooooog103139
joined Nov 12, 2020

I think I have read this yaoi manhua with this 'omegaverse' tag, it had 'alpha, beta and omega(??)' males and their scents make them sub or dom(???) or something like that? Anyway, the first chapter itself started with rape, so I can get a gist of the trope...

last edited at Mar 16, 2021 7:14AM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

A defective alpha female, now that's a first for me in ANY omegaverse fictional lesbian story.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Three full pages of comments? I didn't expect this genre to be so popular.

Zzzz
joined Nov 18, 2019

Wow, the first time reading omegaverse yuri where the omega is the one raping and hurting the alpha, is sad, i really feel sad for the older girl, she's so innocent and hurt....

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Three full pages of comments? I didn't expect this genre to be so popular.

More like contentious.

joined Jun 13, 2020

I prefer much less rapey humiliation, but I'll take what I can get I suppose...

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I think the rape stuff is more on the individual author than the Omegaverse—even though it does do some fukt stuff by attributing rape to passion and a biological instinct rather than culture and subjugation and also linking anatomy, dominance, and giver/receiver roles—I’ve read plenty of stories that weren’t about one partner forcing the other, but rather two people who are really into each other having passion overcome their reason and give in to their feelings.

All this is to say, I think in this particular case, as far as we’ve seen through the first chapter, all of this could be achieved with or without Omegaverse dynamics—except maybe the late-onset sexism. I think talking about Omegaverse and what it does is probably warranted given this is the first work on Dynasty (at least to my knowledge), but I think most of what’s going on is the author’s decisions about how the story will go, largely independent from the Omegaverse background. Does that make sense?

joined Sep 6, 2018

If there were “Betas” added in with this tripe, then we would truly be in a “Brave New World”.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Omegaverse yuri are kinda popping up these days (ok this is like the second I have seen. The other was “Best Friends” manwha).

Yeah, I was going to reference the same manhwa. Omegaverse stuff is mostly still in fic form, but it's interesting to see in this medium as well.

last edited at Mar 17, 2021 9:42PM

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

I’ll take it

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

You know I hate omegaverse as much as the next person, but a story having this setting doesn't necessarily have to be problematic if done right. For example I read a Chinese omegaverse story where it was set in ancient China with A/B/O elements to justify a female emperor and it was surprisingly really well done. It just depends on how the particular author decides to use the setting and whether they stick to the standard ways people write it or do reversals on what's commonly seen in the genre. Futa also doesn't necessarily need to be a staple and can instead be like, pheromones that you emit. I've read a few omegaverse stories where the female alphas don't get any extra bits but they can use their pheromone that comes from their neck glands in place of any of that.

Omegaverse as a setting is pretty malleable imo, and doesn't have to have the negative aspects of it that's commonly seen. It doesn't have to be rapey, and you can have in universe laws and shit made to protect omegas when they're in heat and inhibitors and things like that. It really just depends on what the author wants to portray.

Lis%20pricefield%205
joined Jun 13, 2019

Futa, ABO and wlw in same place, HELL YEAH!!!

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

Why I feel that i'm reading yaoi? lmao

To reply you must either login or sign up.