Forum › If You Could See Love discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Not really sure why people are really surprised by poly route seeming more obvious, when well Rina had another coming off her that pointed towards Sayo.

Like, author seemed to be going the poly route for a while now.

Edit: Meaning the arrow from Chapter 3.1 page 3

You mean the arrows who get blow off as soon as Mei said she was cute. Also the arrow was never seen after that till now.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I can understand both sides of the argument. I can see how some people think poly is just a way to resolve love triangles or tends to be poorly written. But I also understand the viewpoint of people who are just happy to get polyamory representation.

Me personally, I'm on the poly side of things. Is it a cheap way to resolve love triangles? Probably. Do I personally care? No, not really. I'm a simple person, I just like to see all the characters involved be happy. And if that can be resolved with polyamory then so be it. And sometimes even when you admit something is a cliche or bad writing, you just don't care because you're satisfied with you get regardless. Also, I personally don't think there's enough polyamory stories on here to really start getting annoyed with them.`

My PoV is that conventional love Triangle resolutions are cheap, you just a Will they wont they artificially more tense and when it has run its course we are left with a character that is just leftovers.
"An easy guide to love triangles" is ironically one of the only dramatic love triangles i have seen that would have Been good with a standard resolution, because it represented each side extreemly well.

Yeah, love triangles are by and large just a lazy excuse to manufacture some drama and stretch out the run time of a series with fake indecision when most of the time it's obvious who the winner will be from the start.

last edited at Mar 10, 2021 3:42PM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

To be honest, a poly route is fine, and i'm sure that's how it'll end up, But after that that last chapter I kinda want Sayo and Rinna to end up together instead.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I'm glad I read these recent comments. It'll save me so much time, not having to read any more of the actual manga to find out how it ends.

joined Jan 13, 2019

YEAH BABY THATS WHAT IVE BEEN WAITING FOR

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Well now that she's aware polygamous relationships exist, that polyamory ending gets even more likely.

joined Feb 18, 2015

And the young girl suddenly sees a solution to ALL of her problems... and probably has already started growing her own arrows, whether she can see them or not.

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

Perfectly balanced yuri poly

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

To be honest, a poly route is fine, and i'm sure that's how it'll end up, But after that that last chapter I kinda want Sayo and Rinna to end up together instead.

I think the same

joined Oct 9, 2011

Not really sure why people are really surprised by poly route seeming more obvious, when well Rina had another coming off her that pointed towards Sayo.

Like, author seemed to be going the poly route for a while now.

Edit: Meaning the arrow from Chapter 3.1 page 3

You mean the arrows who get blow off as soon as Mei said she was cute. Also the arrow was never seen after that till now.

I mean it did also establish, Rina isnt exactly someone who does the whole, only one partner, since multiple arrows, as you said.

So, I'd still say poly route was shown as possible end at start of the series.

joined May 24, 2014

Oh, what a tangled web!

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

aight! Poly route confirmed! Man, thanks for clarifying, manga xD

b0undarybreaker
C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

poly route confirmed yee fucking haw

Hqdefault
joined Sep 13, 2020

so, one top and two bottoms

NICE

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Anyone else really wanna see a spin off about the teachers/stylist now? I’d love to see a series that starts off with them meeting in high school, and goes through major events like the start of their romance, graduation, college, and starting out in the work force, kinda like a futaribeya.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

YES!! CLOSE THE TRIANGLE!

they would make such a cute triad holy shiiiit.

Gahhhh, I can’t take it!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Confirmed what ? She still don't know what her love is. Don't start confirming anything on your own. Youall know that Japanese and their notion of saying "I love you" is tricky so it isn't because the translator put "I love you"that she suddendly love them romantically. For one it's too sudden that after seeing one poly couple, she think "oh man i'm gonna poly with my roommate", that make so little sense. I mean, it's great that the adults poly is working but that doesn't mean it's gonna work for thr girlsfor one and two, that doesn't mean all the girls became ok with Poly just because MC said she love both of them.. The adults just told her to find her own way to express her love, they didn't say "do the same as us".

I mean it did also establish, Rina isnt exactly someone who does the whole, only one partner, since multiple arrows, as you said.

Do we know if they're really arrow of real love and she is just searching for affection for anyone who is niceto her. Also yea, about the little arrow toward the friend, see how she is gone after MC say she love them. If MC saying anything nice to her is enough to break any little arrows, that mean she never really had any real feelings for thos her littles arrows pointed to.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

If anything, the latest chapter makes a poly ending less likely, unless there's 20 more chapters of development. Because right now Sayo has no arrow at all for Rina, and the little arrow Rina had for Sayo disappeared as soon as the MC said her piece.

A 3P is still possible, but mostly in the form of a harem ending rather than true poly. That's a shame, actually.

last edited at Mar 11, 2021 1:03AM

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

And the young girl suddenly sees a solution to ALL of her problems... and probably has already started growing her own arrows, whether she can see them or not.

The main point of this manga is not that MC will end up with 1 or 2 people, harem or polyamory. It's how can and will she able to love.
Even now with the poly route open, that is still same as before (when she accepted Sayo's love because she affraid of losing a friend)

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

The main point of this manga is not that MC will end up with 1 or 2 people. It's how can and will she able to love.

They're kind of related though. Don't forget the reason the MC started being afraid of love is the conflict and hardship related to it, specially when the person one loves actually loves someone else. A 3P is shown as a sort of solution for that problem.

That been said, I don't see a poly ending happening after this chapter anyway. Harem ending seems more likely.

last edited at Mar 11, 2021 1:48AM

joined Apr 6, 2019

Suddenly poly.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I don't have an issue with a poly route, but the way we are getting there is so sloppy. The two girls outside of the MC accidentally kiss and then MC happens upon a poly relationship that has two of her teachers like the convienence of it is so lazy

I kind of imagined this manga would be the two girls who like the MC trying to flirt with her in different ways and the MC being like agh I don't want to love but it's really turned into something else entirely

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

What happened to sayo's arrows? Has she lost her love?

joined Aug 16, 2018

this is pristine

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

What happened to sayo's arrows? Has she lost her love?

You know, that would make for a VERY shocking twist. But most likely the artist simply forgot to add them in.

To reply you must either login or sign up.