Forum › Fukakai na Boku no Subete o discussion

joined Oct 23, 2020

;-; what a lovely ending....

last edited at Mar 5, 2021 6:29PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

"You don't have to understand everything, I don't either", I love that.

This manga was so great, I'm sad to see it go. Sure, it wasn't the most expertly plotted thing in the world, but it didn't have to be. Sometimes a cute little manga were all the queer characters are happy and healthy at the end is all you need.

joined Feb 23, 2020

Sad to see this go, but it was cute. I love that it's just a little manga where queer people can be happy. We need more of that.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Not enough Mei (and sadly no KotoMei) so this is trash

Kidding aside I do love this ending. Feels a tad bit too fast, would've maybe preferred it to be two chapters, but it just fits the series really nicely. This series was so fun and cute and it's sad to see it go

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

A good set of lines to end on. It kind of summarizes the work's thesis, that you can love and support someone even if you don't understand them (and that it's okay to not understand someone)

joined Oct 27, 2018

Not enough Mei (and sadly no KotoMei) so this is trash

Kidding aside I do love this ending. Feels a tad bit too fast, would've maybe preferred it to be two chapters, but it just fits the series really nicely. This series was so fun and cute and it's sad to see it go

Here's hoping we get a bonus chapter with the final volume.

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

It's maybe not a great ending, but I think I'm satisfied with it.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

It is a satisfying ending but yes I want more. KotoMei would have been real nice but at least AT LEAST another kiss please. I think there was only one kiss in the entire series in chapter 14. But I suppose the romance wasn't really the main focus. Mogu seems to be moving back to his family which is wholesome too but moving in with Tetsu is much better. Well, still a sweet ending and smiling happy Mogu is precious.

"You don't have to understand everything, I don't either", I love that.

This is it. Exactly this.

I started this manga literally cause I was looking through for crossdressing manga recs. Saw this with "Non-binary" and was like "What's that?" Thought I'd try to know what it's about. Still don't really get it but hey Mogu is cute. I like it when they're happy and really don't like it when they get depressed. Which is why I feel satisfied anyway. Mogu earned their happiness. STILL THO, ending with a kiss would have been nice.

Here's hoping we get a bonus chapter with the final volume.

Yes more KotoMei pls. Maybe a sequel too? Here's hoping.

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

Yes more KotoMei pls. Maybe a sequel too? Here's hoping.

I hope so. I loved this series and that would have been icing on the cake. I'll just continue to hope and dream.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Ahhhh such a comfy ending, I really liked that. I wished there was more though

joined Jan 13, 2019

wahhh good ending...thankful

Omen
joined Sep 7, 2017

i would love more stories with these characters, but im glad it ended the way it did.
"You don't have to understand everything, I don't either" is verbatim shit i've said to my parents after coming out--a very very resonant message :') And just seeing the characters happy and friendly was really meaningful to me.
seeing people who don't necessarily understand nonbinary or trans people still saying they felt for mogumo is also reassuring to hear. it's clear that this isn't just a feel-good manga for a specific slice of transgender anime fans, but an entry point for people to hear about topics that may seem confusing or scary.

i hope that there'll be more manga and anime in the realm of fukaboku in the future :') <3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

... The non-binary flag.
The character known as Anonymous is nb. https://dynasty-scans.com/series/shimanami_tasogare
Hime Sakuagaike doesn't say it, but seems to be genderfluid. https://dynasty-scans.com/series/kanojo_ni_naritai_kimi_to_boku
Neither of these series has the Non-binary tag.

Besides the characters in the manga, the troll on page 16 of this discussion denying Mogumo's gender identity shows what we have to deal with.
https://everydayfeminism.com/2014/12/myths-non-binary-people/

last edited at Mar 6, 2021 8:47PM

1bc42bba-336e-466f-a092-8c801c6e02e8
joined Feb 17, 2018

I actually like this simplistic end. I never really felt like this manga could be or should be long. It somewhat felt like an intro to a world, a set of characters, with a central focus on the beginnings of one of the characters. From this, if Kona wanted, they could easily make spin off or sequels to this manga about any of the characters, focusing on not only expanding the world but showing how the characters grow from this “prelude” you could say. As much as I wanted KotoMei, I also kinda want it to be its own series rather than part of FukaBoku as a whole. They set up the two’s initial developments but there is a lot more that can be expanded on and explored that would work way better as a separate piece

Either way, I’d say I’m pretty satisfied with this!

Vampire-asuna
joined Mar 6, 2016

The fact that lgbt otaku circles don't ever talk about this manga is a crime. I've met so many people, gay weebs, trans weebs etc who'd all love this manga. I hope that once physicals hit the shelves it'll get more attention, cause this is by far some of the most accurate and respectful representations of lgbt people I've seen out of Japan.

Edit: The first two volumes are already out apparently

I know! I did a post about a few manga that I felt that really knows how to represent the lgbtq community in the lgbtq community app (animo). Especially in JP where it’s very difficult of the community to come out and being proud.

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

I hope we get a sequel or spinoff focusing on Kotone and/or Mei.

joined Sep 4, 2020

A good set of lines to end on. It kind of summarizes the work's thesis, that you can love and support someone even if you don't understand them (and that it's okay to not understand someone)

I agree with this whole heartedly. I think there are a lot of people who try to force understanding, facts, data and knowledge on people in the hopes to "change" or "redeem" them, and if they don't immediately conform to their ideals they label them as "evil" or "backwards." I honestly what is great about the manga is that it shows people that you don't need to understand people, or post all of your opinions on everything so the world can pick you apart. All you should work towards is being respectful and kind to everyone, and respect their choices in life, whether you understand them or not. I think it gives a much more welcome alternative to the whole "if your not part of the solution your part of problem" mantra being exposed everywhere nowadays, which can be quite pressure inducing and suffocating.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I think the best part about this series is how the characters grow over time. Each of these characters really feels like a teen, they’ve really captured the “I’m young and queer so I don’t really understand my own identity of the identity of the people around me”. We see this in the beginning with Tetsu’s ignorance about Mogumo, him calling his sister ‘brother’, Mei’s initial disbelief in her own womanhood, and Kotone’s deep seated homophobia towards herself and others. Throughout the story they come into conflict with each other, but they also learn from one another and grow as people and slowly find a space (both physical and mental) that feels comfortable for them. Though I feel the story ends too quickly (I wanted to see so much more of everyone), ending with "You don't have to understand everything, I don't either" is just a perfect encapsulation of the way none of this is permanent. Their identities are still developing and as they grow and mature, so too will their identities.

PS, I would love to see a sequel to this, or even an epilogue chapter or some one shots because after the latter half of the series we really deserve some fluff with all these characters. (And I definitely like Kotone x Mei)

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

I was late but can we have a sequel :DD

Screenshot%202021-06-04%203.54.54%20am
joined Jun 3, 2021

I have figured out that there are at least 816 lockers in the room on page one of chapter thirteen (because I was bored). Also, from where I'm at, it's going great. I really like Mei. That's about all I have to say.

Screenshot%202021-06-04%203.54.54%20am
joined Jun 3, 2021

^^ Don't worry about being late. I'm late to literally everything (right now, so late that I only just read volume 2). Also, yeah, sequels please.

last edited at Jun 10, 2021 5:03AM

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

As tremendously little of a fuck as I give about the dad or his growth arc, I appreciate that the ending radiates big "the queers are thriving" energy.

CreamyDesk19
Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Bruuhh I didn't expect to see this here. Well my gripe about this manga is I didn't get to see the childhood friend have a girlfriend in the end ;-;

This was still quite the good story though.

last edited at May 4, 2022 12:38AM

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

i liked this a lot

joined Dec 30, 2018

I've put this off for years mainly cos i didn't understand what being nonbinary or trans fully meant when I first discovered this in 2018 as a 15 year old lesbian who just came out to herself

Now I've finally read it years later and omg this is so incredibly good

The art style screams some gender bender harem bs but in reality this is REALLY good queer representation with well developed characters

Like there's not a single main character here who's story i genuinely didn't like or didn't care about

It's so lovely seeing all the teens slowly come to realize who they are after a brutal path of self hatred and denial, something that I've also had to deal with for years

The ending also was nice too

Definitely gonna be re-reading this once or twice per year just like i do with my other favorite mangas

To reply you must either login or sign up.