Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

I really loved the story and waited impatiently for every chapter, I'm not dissatisfied one bit but still I'd like it to develop more till they feelings really grow into a big sweet yuri) It would totally bacome a comedy then <3

I don't get how Tsugumi hasn't find a place to belong to with Midori, ran away but still thought something like I love Midori after friggin 10+ years wat the hell?! It's just surreal.

This is the best subtle yuri I've read this year <3 I wish the best of lucks to author :3

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Ah man, sucks to find out about a good series just to binge read it in one day and find out it ended that very same day. I got into it for the Yuri honestly, and although I was kinda let down at first, I'm glad I kept on reading, like someone mentioned earlier already, the series gave off a lot of mother/daughter developing type of relationship vibes rather than a romantic relationship developing, but in a sense, can't really put it into words very well, it didn't feel like one either at the same time?? however I will agree with some of the comments down here, ending left me feeling kinda empty, idk if i'm missing something, guess i'll be giving it a second read, pretty nice series overall, hope we get a sequel or something of that sort.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

The line "Haru is Haru" is enough for me, I didn't even need the time skip. The two of them being able to move on with their lives just makes me happy.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's a good ending, but it feels a little lacking.

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

It's not an abrupt or rushed ending, nor is it something that i would call unsatisfying, and yet it certainly does feel like it's missing something.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well, it is rushed, all points hint to axed, even the author is implying how bad it feels to cut it short ... still, I think the ending was great nonetheless but without a doubt rushed.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, it is rushed, all points hint to axed, even the author is implying how bad it feels to cut it short ... still, I think the ending was great nonetheless but without a doubt rushed.

I agree—page 3 could hardly be clearer that this wasn’t the way it was supposed to go.

But (to me) extremely well-executed nonetheless.

I deeply want more of Midori’s mom, too.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

The author did say it got cut short? Damn that's happening more and more now.

I'm not sure I totally get this ending... Haru moved into her Aunt's after all? Why?

joined Mar 25, 2019

This series definitely got cut short, Tsugumi even said so. But it was a fun ride, still kinda sucks knowing that there might’ve been more to the story.

Kawaii_yuri_lover
Img_20210622_185500
joined Jul 13, 2017

A tear came down..

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Huh. I mean, it sucks it was axed, people don't appreciate the finer, calmer things nowadays, which is unfortunate. But for what it was, it was a nice, not-very-rocky ride lol

9a905fe6a22b0201f7ade2de48a73f8d
joined Jan 22, 2014
  • "Yeah, I did. It ended just when was really getting into it."
  • "Right!? How cruel to make that the last one."

I see what you did there, Sensei. Talking about meta, huh? This was definitely axed.

F4099919603a7e34609e174afa599fa9
joined Feb 24, 2016

ok but can we talk abt tsugumi reciprocating midori's feelings but never telling her??? that hurt me

I feel uncomfortable, maybe its the prospect that this 30 year old might fall for the 14 yo... but somethings off. I love the art though, so im going to pretend shes 18.

I did this when I first read it. Now coming back to read it again I just now remembered that Haru is 14. So glad nothing much happened, it was handled well, and they time skipped.
Oh and I just love how they both had some super gay lookin' haircuts at the end.

joined Sep 6, 2018

A sequel would be good for this manga.

MeiLangSakalam
271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

bold of you to call yourself yuri

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

This manga hurt when I first read it and it still does now. I love it. Does anyone know if the mangaka has any social media?

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I think I cried every 2 chapters or so, sometimes more. Not the manga to read when you're already feeling sorry for yourself and need encouraging...

It was great, would've been nice to see more, but alas, the world sucks.

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

imagine dying then finding out your daughter's also in love with the person you used to be in love with
also imagine if Tsugumi didn't die and met up with and started dating Midori then they raised Haru together..

the part where it was revealed that Tsugumi was also in loved with Midori crushed me. i'm still sobbing..

Yuu%20koito%203
joined Feb 8, 2022

Hmm i liked it cuz it wasnt as messy as some manga like Living with My Brother's Wife lol, she didnt rly project the mom on the daughter. I just was a bit disappointed that all the yuri seemed kina subdued, like its mostly subtext what kind of love Midori felt for Tsugumi, and vice versa based on the letter, and if Haru and Midori became lovers when Haru grew up, it:s all kinda vague, but well I liked the gentle feelings of the story UwU

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

Like um... I need a sequel.

A sequel for people who can accept Haru and Midori's romantic relationship without labeling it as pedophilia....because it's not.

Kinda the reason why Haru moved in with her aunt, cause she knew she would need to become an adult in order to live together with Midori, rather than be treated as a child that needs to be taken care of by the person she has come to love.

Oh my god, you put this so well, I'm convinced! If I were in charge, there'd only need to be 2 more chapters for this to feel resolved in a much more satisfying way.

Anyway, I've sort of been on a non-romantic partnership kick lately, with "Lillie's, Voice, Wear Wind" as my last stop (I won't get into my slight gripes here). I'd like to say that I think the urge for people to place their love firmly in mother-daughter or romantic is misplaced. It's a love that with age may very well sprout into romantic love, but is definitely separate. The characters don't label it for a reason: it's a deeper love than mere friendship, it's more equal than parent-child, but it's not (yet?) a shared romance.

I think one way to take the story is that the younger Haru may have felt the need to grow up—especially apart from Midori—because she understood that while they both held each other close, Midori could not think of her in a romantic way because of her age.

Another way is that Haru felt she had to grow up to get past what you describe: Midori feeling obligated to distance their relationship behind a parental/mentor lens, on display in her inability to ask Haru to stay. In this scenario not because of a crush, but because of the aforementioned unlabeled partnership love.

I've had similar experiences myself as a kid who matured quickly. Entirely on the friendship side to be clear, not romantic.

joined Sep 24, 2022

This was beautiful and unexpected to stumble across, I cried my eyes out at a few points, especially the letter. I actually really appreciated the ambiguity this ended with, it seemed more literary that way. I think it would have seemed trite or tonally mismatched if it had ended much differently. Still, I’d love to see a sequel that explores their relationship developing and changing with a similarly understated treatment.

last edited at Sep 24, 2022 4:20PM

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

Woow what a beautiful ending, i liked this a lot! "If you don't have a place to belong to, make it yourself", that's something Midori finally learned 14 years after Tsugumi left, and it's only fitting for Haru to be the one to teach Midori that. They may be strangers cohabitating, but there's no need to put a label because it's a place they made for themselves, where they can truly be genuine.

Haru saying "see you later" when she was about to leave really shows the dichotomy between her and Tsugumi, with the latter completely leaving behind Midori. It shows that Haru is her own person, and just because she and her mother look the same doesn't mean they're the same. The parallelism is shown even more with both of them leaving during Spring, the season Midori hated. This time however, learning from the past, she doesn't have anything to be afraid of because Haru will definitely come back. Spring took her most precious person away, but in the end, spring once again gave Midori a loved one. Yay!

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

What a beautiful ending

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I read this the first time just now... and I have very mixed feelings about what I just read.
It does seem obviously cut short, but even then I got the impression that the author didn't sell me the relationship between Midori and Tsumugi very well, to the point I got the impression just like their classmates - they actually weren't all that close, just for some reason they both though they were, but never said that to each other properly. Maybe that's the point that we should instead focus on her relationship with Haru, but I actually didn't find that one all too interesting :P

To reply you must either login or sign up.