Forum › That Time I Was Blackmailed By the Class's Green Tea Bitch discussion

joined Oct 13, 2014

the guy on page 6 got off easy. i wouldve done so much worse...

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Tong Tong's mom gets the Mom of the Year award.

Heck, give her the Best Mom Ever award too, since we are at it.

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Mr Xie should take a long nap
...in the bin

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I grew up with parents like hers, I remember feeling horrible every time they would hit me and later pull out the "I put a roof over your head" card because it made me feel super guilty and spoiled, which just led to me downplaying all my problems later on. I still love them of course, and things have gotten better over the years, but man, stuff like that does so much more harm to children than it may seem,

Meanwhile Tong Tongs mom is amazing, screw Mr Xie!

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

I didn't know what I was expecting going in but this is phenomenal, spinning the blackmailing trope on its head like this is genius! I'm so excited for more!

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I grew up with parents like hers, I remember feeling horrible every time they would hit me and later pull out the "I put a roof over your head" card because it made me feel super guilty and spoiled, which just led to me downplaying all my problems later on. I still love them of course, and things have gotten better over the years, but man, stuff like that does so much more harm to children than it may seem,

Meanwhile Tong Tongs mom is amazing, screw Mr Xie!

A lot of people, myself included, had a childhood like that. I also love them, regardless of their problems. Despite them not doing the best job of raising me, they did a much better job raising my little sister, so I'm very glad that they learned and improved, and really, that's one of the most important things we can do while were here.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

"in gonna protest you my child"

"By doing that you Hurt med more than i have ever been Hurt before"

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

I do like that the family with the single parent is more wholesome than the one that has both. Tong Tong's mom is a strong woman. Best mom indeed.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Oof. I'm really feeling Lin Luxi's struggle. It's hard to talk about a parent who seems to do everything right, but also pins all their stuff to you as well. Parents that provide for your needs but have no sense of boundaries with you and haven't processed any of their trauma, how are you gonna complain to others when it seems like you have everything? But it gets inside you and it fucks you up. And it all seems so normal until you get old enough to create some distance...

If anybody else is struggling with this, it's important to remember that people doing right by you in certain ways doesn't give them license to hurt you in others. You are well within your rights to do what you have to do to be okay; contrary to what they want you to believe you are separate people and they don't own you. You get to decide how you want to do your relationships, and what's required for people being close to you. If you try to talk things out but you just can't get through, it may be that your effort is better spent elsewhere. Don't waste your effort trying to convince people not to hurt you; if you've taught them and they keep going ahead anyway, they're not in a space to hear you and change the way they do things in the ways you need, and your next goal is to find ways to take care of yourself or find others to support you.

And if you've been told you're entitled and spoiled and it fucks with your head, you probably aren't, you're just being gaslit.

last edited at Feb 6, 2021 1:26AM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I like how Tong Tong essentially spilled her entire life story to her future wife the first girl she's brought home. (Insert joke about lesbians moving fast here)

joined Nov 26, 2020

I'm with Tong Tong on this one! Bitch wake up! You gave us pretty much no information! Is the issue that the MCs parents fight a lot or is it that her mom fights with the MC??? I get that her mom guilt trips her (although I only saw that after reading the forum posts because she looks identical to her mom and her mom is talking in the third person so it was really hard to tell what's going on in that panel) and yeah I've had that treatment too BUT THAT DOESNT REALLY GIVE US ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE OVERALL FAMILY DYNAMIC.

I'm sure itll probably be talked about in greater detail soon. It did a good job summarizing Tong Tong and her mom. Tong Tong's mom seems like a super kind, supportive, loving, chill mom who has an immature side but a heart of gold and probably doesnt realize that Tong Tong misses her when shes not around.

joined Jul 23, 2019

THAT DOESNT REALLY GIVE US ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE OVERALL FAMILY DYNAMIC.

The clues we have make it rather obvious no? I mean there doesn't seem to be anything strange or exceptional about it. Her mother is a super typical garden-variety Asian mom who demands the best for&from her daughter and will get into fights with anyone who goes against her wishes. We see her fighting with her husband for not being a good enough father; she's likely to fight with the school teachers as well; and if the girl was into sports she would certainly fight with the coaches asking for better treatment, more opportunities, etc.! Mom characters like her are a big classic trope in tv series, comics, movies...

The child with such a mom has of course ambivalent feelings towards her.

last edited at Feb 6, 2021 1:32PM

joined Apr 29, 2018

i have like a horrible feeling... what if "mister xie" is mc's dad and this is why tong tong is so sure about mc doing compensated dating.... i mean, you see a girl with an older man you won't immediatly assume that they're on a date unless... you know the older guy to be a pervert who likes younger girls. i don't know, the fact that tong tong assume that, was (for me at least) for comedic effect, but now things have a more serious tone so was it REALLY for the comedy?

last edited at Feb 7, 2021 1:38AM

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

i have like a horrible feeling... what if "mister xie" is mc's dad and this is why tong tong is so sure about mc doing compensated dating.... i mean, you see a girl with an older man you won't immediatly assume that they're on a date unless... you know the older guy to be a pervert who likes younger girls. i don't know, the fact that tong tong assume that, was (for me at least) for comedic effect, but now things have a more serious tone so was it REALLY for the comedy?

I think that would be a wild turn of events and also doesn't quite fit. We've seen Lin Luxie's father's face before in Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 and both the hair colour (MC's dad has black hair, "Mr. Xie" is a brunette), hair style (slicked-back vs. messy) and the fact that MC's father doesn't wear glasses but "Mr. Xie" does lead me to believe they're different people.

I think Tong Tong's perception of relationships between men and women is just askew, due to her biological father never having been part of the picture and the only possible father figure in her life being kicked out after trying to sexually assault her, after which she never had the chance to form an idea of what a "normal family" would be like. And the only somewhat serious relationship with a boy her age resulted in him harassing and ostracizing her to the point where she lost her social circle. Yeah I believe she just jumped to conclusions based on her shitty experiences with men and not knowing the relationship dynamics within Lin Luxie's family (as portrayed at the beginning of chapter 3) which is why she assumed that Lin Luxie was engaged in compensated dating. MC also seems very guarded and she doesn't seem to let too much on when talking about her family (Tong Tong pretty much relays her entire life story in this chapter whereas Lin Luxie only makes some slight remarks about her mother and doesn't mention the fact that her father seems to regularly stay in hotels).

tbh if there's a weird twist that links the two I lowkey expect it to be that they're half-sisters and Lin Luxie's dad is the one who fathered Tong Tong before being dragged back to his family (see how we never see the wife of Tong Tong's biological dad and he does look a bit similar to Lin Luxie's old man except for the hair colour)

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

Did Lin Luxi pretend sleep because she's starting to get teary but actually fell asleep ?

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

I genuinely like her friend.

That's all I have to say, thank you for reading.

F0c1c7ea6c0d24b021d03256f2c658f6
joined Oct 9, 2019

lmao that gay friend is me asf

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

GAY AS HELL

last edited at Feb 7, 2021 2:22PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Every new chapter of this series makes me squee.

It's been a long time since I last read a story with characters who press all my right buttons like these ones. I'm thouroughly enthralled!

Oh, btw, last page? I foresee a terrible misunderstanding, hehehe.
(Tong Tong's mom: "OMG my daughter is doing compensated dating! AaaAAaAaaah!!")

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Did Lin Luxi pretend sleep because she's starting to get teary but actually fell asleep ?

I assumed it was an "I don't want to talk about this" thing.

Oh, btw, last page? I foresee a terrible misunderstanding, hehehe.
(Tong Tong's mom: "OMG my daughter is doing compensated dating! AaaAAaAaaah!!")

Yeah that's about what I expect too. Or at least thinking that Tong Tong is asking about herself rather than a friend.

last edited at Feb 7, 2021 3:16PM

76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

Give Zhao Yan a gf!!!!!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Tong Tong's mom gets the Mom of the Year award.

Heck, give her the Best Mom Ever award too, since we are at it.

Nope, she pulled a No show on her daughters birthday, she has strayed from the light

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

We need more yuri characters that are "Gay as Hell".

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

That's the feeling I got too.

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

If only this had a hundred chapters to it that I could binge like other pixiv comics

To reply you must either login or sign up.