Forum › Crescent Moon and Doughnuts discussion

Hell yeah, be assertive and get your girl

Thissss^ I was surprised she said it, but so happy she did, like hell yeah act on your desire Hinako. She's come a long way.

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH they're so cute, I'm glad shes being more straightforward about her feelings :)

joined Oct 27, 2018

Recent research has uncovered an interesting fact. Sometimes human beings act irrationally because of this phenomenon known as "emotion".

HAHA!! Your so smart and clever! How foolish of me, to think I could ever measure up to your incomparable genuis!

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

It's still dumb to leverage your own future like that to make a point.

I mean, do we have a reason to believe she's lying when she says there's nothing she wants to pursue? ... I guess that remains to be seen.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I don't know, I do think Subaru is right that it kind of sucks ass for Asahi to use making sacrifices for her as an excuse to just not care about herself at all and make no effort towards her own happiness and dump the burden of feeling responsible for that onto a kid. Everything Asahi does revolves around Subaru and she's staked her entire identity on that and it must be a source of pretty major guilt that she's the reason her sister refuses to have anything for herself.

Sure, but the way she specifically used college as a way to make this point is incredibly dumb and childish. I'd hardly call it some unusual sacrifice for her to want her younger sister to go to college, that's normal.

It's not actually about college, paying for college is just the only sacrifice she can actually stop Asahi from making to make her point. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she rescinded her refusal as soon as Asahi started making herself a priority.

I think the fact that it's college is important, and part of why this is the last straw for her. Subaru's graduation from high school is the first real chance she has to free Asahi from looking after her, and thus free herself from her guilt for dominating her sister's life. Going to university full time is committing to spending four more years as a dependent. And I think letting Asahi support her while she goes to college would really intensify her guilt, because then she'd be enjoying a privilege that Asahi herself had to give up.

That's a good point, I can definitely see that being the case.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I mean, do we have a reason to believe she's lying when she says there's nothing she wants to pursue? ... I guess that remains to be seen.

We have no idea whether Subaru has any real interest in continuing her studies or if she has any specific career ambitions. You know, like many high school students.

It’s often far preferable for young people to try working for a while, and maybe living outside the parental home, to see what that’s like before going on to college; those people are often more highly motivated academically than people who go right from college to high school merely because that’s the expected thing to do.

Assuming that college is the only right choice for Subaru is simply projecting one’s personal values into a bogus generalization.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Teenagers with pent-up frustrations acting dumb and emotional? PREPOSTEROUS! Who has ever heard of such a thing.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Quisty posted:

I bet you also think piracy is theft and torrenting is unethical, and that we should "support studios creators and artists" by consooming.
Sorry, sorry, didn't mean to be such an as*hole, but go ahead and keep consooming.

Also, at risk of being banned (again), why is dynasty such a pus*y? I come here since is one the bests sources for yuri manga, but theres a lot of other sites that dgaf about licensed content. This also applies to other issues like loli manga. I mean, there's certain loli manga that hasn't been updated here for some reason but in other site there are like 10 new chapters now.

Don't make posts like this.

joined Jun 13, 2020

Recent research has uncovered an interesting fact. Sometimes human beings act irrationally because of this phenomenon known as "emotion".

Right? Especially when this is a problem that been weighing heavily on her. Plus, we saw how happy Subaru was when she thought Asahi was the one who was thinking about college. Subaru would probably love to finally give back to her sister by joining the workforce and helping Asahi get through college first. Not the most logical option, but emotions are a part of who people are. If Subaru just ignored her feelings and went to college, those negative emotions would probably plague her for the rest of her life.

Irrational or not, this was very good for the both of them.

joined Feb 18, 2015

The end of Chapter 12 is a HUGE leap in character growth for Hinako! Sure, she's not outright confessing her feelings to Asahi, but she is at least asserting herself, taking advantage of the opportunity Asahi has provided for her, and stating her desires (in a sense, at least, by saying "I want to have you all to myself").

This manga is another great stride in representation in yuri manga! Hinako realizes that she is in love with Asahi, though she doesn't necessarily feel sexual attraction, at least not yet. This suggests that Hinako MIGHT be asexual/homoromantic, or she could be a demi-sexual lesbian. It was very clear from the early part of the manga that she has NEVER felt either sexual or romantic attraction to men. Over the course of the 12 chapters so far, it is clear that she DOES feel a romantic attraction toward Asahi. However, she seems to be wavering about whether she is interested in a physical relationship. Of course, we really don't know what Asahi's position is on any of this since she has pretty much closed herself off from relationships of any sort in order to be mother, father, and older sister to Subaru.

I really am looking forward to the next chapter! I expect it will reveal some hidden emotions at least!

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

pre-ordered vol 1 <3 this is such a cute series, I hope it goes on for a while

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

This is one of the few current series that I'm following religiously and I'm not sure if I can wait for the the official releases to catch up even if it means we will technically get new chapters faster afterwards.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

This was a nice chapter honestly, really enjoyed it, hopefully after this Asahi will quit the whole "doing everything for my little sisters sake" and start looking after herself more, kinda surprised she was the one to run away instead of Subaru though lmao

Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

God I wish volumes here weren't priced like €18 each because I really wanna support this.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I've read the first chapters all together again, and I liked the story better. All characters are likable and the story flows naturally without any forced plots or drama.
Too bad this got licensed, but I'll still keep my eyes on this regardless

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

HAHA!! Your so smart and clever! How foolish of me, to think I could ever measure up to your incomparable genuis!

“Im not owned, Im not!”

Snapdragon beans
Screen%20shot%202018-12-15%20at%202.44.04%20am
joined Oct 27, 2018

Fuck! It got licensed! I mean, I'm ordering the first volume, but it'll take a little while to catch up.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Shit is the next chapter not going to be here then because of the license? Oh my God. What the hell? No!

At the beginning of the chapter, she said they hoped the peaceful life would go on forever until this happened. I have to see what this happened is!!!!! Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Also gotta shell out the money for this now. Too good not to support. The pain... I really shouldn't complain though given how much free manga I get here in general.

I did buy all of "take my fist of love" now that it's complete from Japan. This one is getting translated to English though so I got to support translations of lesbian manga.

last edited at Feb 12, 2021 3:06AM

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Is it just me, or is the moon shown in two different phases in the same night in chapter 12? I wonder if it's for symbolic reasons...

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/crescent_moon_and_doughnuts_ch12#17

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/crescent_moon_and_doughnuts_ch12#30

last edited at Feb 19, 2021 1:00AM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Is this manga no longer going to be updated here?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yuri-chin posted:

Is this manga no longer going to be updated here?

This will be entirely up to Yuri Project.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

OMG! New chapter raws alert! Kyaaa... fangirling mode on - the wait for TL will be hard.. all hail Yuri project

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

OMG! New chapter raws alert! Kyaaa... fangirling mode on - the wait for TL will be hard.. all hail Yuri project

Where do you find them?

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I buy them in the Japanese Bookwalker - the new issue of yuri-hime was released yesterday.

TotemsInTheNight
joined Apr 9, 2021

Reread this for the 4th time, it keeps getting better!! It might actually beats Bloom Into You and Octave as my favorite introspective yuri manga ever... And for some weird reason I cannot put my hand on, after rereading this, I am actually content with how A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow depicts the relationship between its MCs (yes, the girlship). Cannot really understand why lol.

To reply you must either login or sign up.