Forum › An Easy Introduction to Love Triangles (To Pass the Exam!) discussion

joined Nov 9, 2019

God, so much flufff, not an ideal ending, and definitely shallow in parts. There's a lot of them coming to terms with jealousy and dealing with the realities of polyamory that I would have liked to have seen, but I enjoyed it a ton all the sake

i dont like the ending. author really did go to the trio relationship (or luminous=blue route). dont judge me, just didnt like it. like bro, just choose one person. again, disgusting ending. didnt like it.

Like I get that's its not your thing and don't have issue with that, but calling it disgusting a sentence after saying you don't want to be judged is pretty :/ like you know poly lesbians in happy relationships exist right?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I feel like Akira accepted the poly for the sake of the blonde. Only the other two were into the poly part. It was a nice manga overall but wish it was longer. Mayuki was also one adorable lesbean.

last edited at Feb 3, 2021 11:20AM

joined Feb 18, 2015

God, so much flufff, not an ideal ending, and definitely shallow in parts. There's a lot of them coming to terms with jealousy and dealing with the realities of polyamory that I would have liked to have seen, but I enjoyed it a ton all the sake

i dont like the ending. author really did go to the trio relationship (or luminous=blue route). dont judge me, just didnt like it. like bro, just choose one person. again, disgusting ending. didnt like it.

Like I get that's its not your thing and don't have issue with that, but calling it disgusting a sentence after saying you don't want to be judged is pretty :/ like you know poly lesbians in happy relationships exist right?

Exactly! 'Don't judge ME, but I am free to judge others with extreme prejudice.' That's like prefacing a statement with "No offense, but..." That is almost always a prelude to saying something offensive.

Polyamory exists. To someone who is poly, the desire to claim ownership over another human and restrict their freedom to love others is what would be viewed as disgusting.

And, in the end, it was VERY clear from the first page of the manga that this was a story about a polyamorous triad, so... if that's not your thing, you have no one to blame but yourself for actually reading the manga. Nobody forced you to read it and it was very upfront about what it was.

As for the end of Volume 1: It's fantastic, but it has a very "ending" feel, as opposed to an "end of volume" feel. I was actually quite surprised when it said Volume 2 was coming out in March. I'm really happy that Canno isn't just ending it at the point where the relationship has been established, though. Exploring the difficulties, and joys, of making a polyamorous triad work, as well as the continuing development of Akira's feelings as she grows into her love for Mayuki and Rin as her love for Akira deepens should be a lot of fun. I also expect that we'll get more info on some of the side characters like Mayuki and Akira's friends as well as Rin's exes. I have to wonder if Chiyono is going to be an antagonist despite having claimed to move on after seeing the trouple together.

Looking forward to it!

last edited at Feb 3, 2021 11:23AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

^Isn't this already at two volumes? I'm confused by that volume 2 disclaimer. I think this is the end.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ This is the end of volume 2, yeah. The volume 2 thing mentioned at the end was for the physical release of volume 2, methinks.

last edited at Feb 3, 2021 11:56AM

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

I think the ending would be a little more satisfying if we got to see a bit more struggle in the polycule getting their sealegs (establishing boundaries, dealing with jealousy, etc), but it was very cute. I'd love to see some bonus chapters!

My%20project%20(4)
joined Jan 15, 2020

hi do you also have some wlw fantasy novels that are monogamus and also ofc end up in an happy ending with an girl???

Hmm, I read mostly fantasy angst when it comes to monogamous fantasy but there still are a few that are good. Like these:

-Aurora’s Angel by Emily Noon (Beastshifter fantasy with an avian demi-human falling in love with a dangerous tiger shifter)

-Princess of Dorsa by Eliza Frances (A 3-part series that’s more typical fantasy centered around a princess and her bodyguard.)

-Good Enough to Eat by Jae and Alison Grey (More comedy and it’s more of a modern fantasy? A vampire wants to stop sucking blood so naturally she decides to join an Alcoholics Anonymous group to fight of her “addiction.” Hilarity ensues and FL is also not entirely human.)

-Second Nature by Jae (Also a beastshifter fantasy but set in modern times. This time the FL is human.)

Those are available on Kindle and Kindle Unlimited.

If you’re ever looking for some good angsty fantasy, try the Fallen Gods series by S.D Simper

joined Dec 13, 2013

Ajiichi could learn a thing or two with this author. Canno knows where to end her stories, its nice. 10/10

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

As for the end of Volume 1: It's fantastic, but it has a very "ending" feel, as opposed to an "end of volume" feel. I was actually quite surprised when it said Volume 2 was coming out in March.

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/an_easy_introduction_to_love_triangles_to_pass_the_exam

It's the end, volume 2 includes chapters 6 to 11. Chapters are released before volumes.

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

Assuming this is the end then what a waste of my fucking time yet again, Literally 1 chapter of polyamory in action and it's over. Authors cannot comprehend what to write after the characters get together, it's like their body starts spasming at the idea and just quickly rush to end the work...

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I feel like Akira accepted the poly for the sake of the blonde. Only the other two were into the poly part. It was a nice manga overall but wish it was longer. Mayuki was also one adorable lesbean.

yeah i feel like akira and rin just agree for the sake of their loved ones, neither akira x rin nor akira x mayuki were properly developed, the manga was mostly rin x mayuki mayukis one sided feelings towards akira and akiras one sided feelings toward rin, but the three are happy so i guess it´s a happy ending
.Also akira bieng jelous of mayuki and triying to steal rin from her didn´t help either

last edited at Feb 3, 2021 5:21PM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

It's interesting to compare Canno's previous thoughts on the topic of love triangles.

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

One party compromising just to be with a single person, nice... Just like the stereotypes.

joined Jan 14, 2020

It's pretty unlikely that you would have perfectly symmetric attraction among 3 people.

Now, you would like all of them to be "yes, poly is a thing I'm good with", and then they could work out whatever configuration worked, triangle or V or whatever

But they're 15, give or take a year, and even Rin hasn't had the idea that polyamory is a thing she can dream of and hope for. So yeah, they'll have to stumble into it and figure things out. Maybe Akira will end up fleeing, maybe attraction will mature all around, maybe one of the legs will break to form a V rather than triangle.

It would be nice to actually see some of all that, but oh well, short manga for whatever reason.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

It's pretty unlikely that you would have perfectly symmetric attraction among 3 people.

Now, you would like all of them to be "yes, poly is a thing I'm good with", and then they could work out whatever configuration worked, triangle or V or whatever

But they're 15, give or take a year, and even Rin hasn't had the idea that polyamory is a thing she can dream of and hope for. So yeah, they'll have to stumble into it and figure things out. Maybe Akira will end up fleeing, maybe attraction will mature all around, maybe one of the legs will break to form a V rather than triangle.

It would be nice to actually see some of all that, but oh well, short manga for whatever reason.

Yeah, these are my thoughts as well. I was hoping to see more of the series for these exact reasons. But, as you said, short manga. ¯\ (ツ)

last edited at Feb 3, 2021 10:37PM

C1147d3190ae4c0815cc862bce35952975d3857e072e7b6bef6e34b56d95dd83
joined Nov 12, 2017

the one person who i was afraid wasnt actually poly (akira) was the one to come up w the idea of them all dating eachother, so that assuages most of my fears

D3709e6d-42c1-4316-b0e4-b3dc9a5fa060
joined Nov 21, 2020

You know I really love this but I have to say I really feel like Akira just settled with being with both Rin and Mayuki. Unless I’m missing something in the last chapter Akira face is soft and almost looks like she’s just going along with it because of Rin. While I think she does care for Mayuki it doesn’t really feel romantic I mean she literally said Mayuki was nothing to her and was bothered by her when it came to Rin and while she apologized and spoke on it, it’s kinda hard to just toss those feelings and thoughts away. Honestly this was heavily centered around Rin and Mayuki and would need more chapters to showcase a Mayuki x Rin and Akira x Rin development. No cap if it wasn’t for Mayuki’s feelings for Akira, Mayuki and Rin could have pursued a relationship with another girl rather than Akira who still looks like she needs to figure out her feelings. Any who this was nice and I give it a 9.5/10 :)))))

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I think this ending was good for the time it had, but given the composure, depth, and thoroughness with which the earlier chapters moved through their emotions, it was frankly kind of disappointing to see things happen this way.

The story needed about one more volume to properly move through all the ground that needed to be covered: like people have been saying, neither of Akira’s spokes on the triangle were developed as much as I’d like them to be; her romantic connection to Rin was especially lacking.

Ultimately, I think this makes the final resolution kind of unsatisfying to me. Not just because it felt rushed, and certainly not because their relationship didn’t seem good or stable—I agree, actually, that having some uncertainty in the relationship, a sort of scalene triangle situation, makes sense—but because I don’t know where everyone is at.

In a manga that’s in large part about going through these characters’ feelings, looking at the subtle changes in emotion with Canno’s amazing ability to understand the characters and express how they feel in a way the audience can almost physically feel, watching the emotional symphony play out is the attraction, it’s what builds anticipation and maintains engagement. But I literally don’t know how Akira feels about Rin (and certainly not the other way around), I don’t understand her jealousy and how it plays into their group relationship, and I only mostly understand how she feels about Mayuki. That’s a really serious problem, and for me it robbed the ending of nearly all its emotional impact.

Again, I think Canno did extremely well for such a short time span, but I really feel like we skipped the good part, the fun, interesting, put-our-feelings-together stuff. Perhaps it’s my fault for anticipating, but it really feels like scenes that were suggested haven’t been delivered. Where’s the Rin x Akira development? When does Akira get her underlying problems spoken to, if not addressed? Where’s the scene they were teasing where two of them kiss while the third watches and starts to lose herself?

I really, really like this manga, and I think in a lot of ways it’s a feat of writing skill, character study, and artistic talent. And of course I’m a sucker for poly. But I think the end really drags it down.

This manga is almost, almost, a 10/10. But with the ending the way it is, I can’t give it more than an 8/10, with special commendation for Canno’s notable talent. I really look forward to their next work; they seem to improve every time.

In the meanwhile, if you want strong, satisfying poly, check out this fic over on AO3. No knowledge of the original work is required.

If you’ve read this far, thanks for listening to my thoughts! Sorry for destroying the forum continuity, but I had a lot I needed to say. Peace!

last edited at Feb 4, 2021 3:34AM

joined Sep 4, 2016

Kind of a meh ending. Not bad, but not good by any means either. I guess you can call it a happy ending, but the fact that Akira is settling for being #2, while only loving Mayuki in a mostly platonic way, while still trying to maintain the triangle, doesn't really feel like a happy ending. Good thing the author decided to end it here, because IRL this relationship really isn't very healthy, and likely wouldn't last very long. I highly doubt Canno wants to try to tackle this situation after the honeymoon wears off.

joined Dec 28, 2017

For a polyamorous final endings, this one was pretty good. I liked it.

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Very cute. Excellent work Cannot, very wholesome.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_easy_introduction_to_love_triangles_to_pass_the_exam_ch11#24

In this page for a moment i thought Rin fell in love at first sight with a girl passing by and was gonna add one more girl to the party

Then i remembered it's her friend.

last edited at Feb 4, 2021 1:14PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Of course Mayuki, who catches senpai like their Pokemon, is the one to suggest a 3P. They better keep an eye on her in college or she'll have the school as her harem in a matter of weeks.

I was really worried I wouldn't like the ending, but I thought it was clean enough all things considered. This definitely needed to run another volume to really flesh out all the characters and relationships, but it works pretty well regardless. I'm such a fan of Canno's work, I really hope she does something equally as unique and ambitious next time!

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Ch11, page 4, has a typo in the last speech bubble.

"Though, you've usually gotta rush if you want to get one."

The initial comma is unnecessary, but the bigger problem is that "you've" should just be "you".

TifalovesAerith posted:

but I had the impression Akira was the one left out, never felt like she belonged in any circle (or triangle) at all, and her feelings towards Rin certainly felt one-sided

What are on about? Rin explicitly loves Akira back, it's just that her trauma from the last time she fell in love with two girls is making her too fearful of both acting upon her feelings towards her (and Rin) and accepting Akira's confession.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Ajiichi could learn a thing or two with this author. Canno knows where to end her stories, its nice. 10/10

When I first heard that the manga was ending in chapter 11, it made me angry! I thought the publisher had decided to cut it short! But now I don't know anymore... the ending doesn't feel rushed at all... I wonder if Canno planned the story for 11 chapters from the go?

To reply you must either login or sign up.