Forum › An Easy Introduction to Love Triangles (To Pass the Exam!) discussion

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Read this again. Still don't like Akira.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Read this again. Still don't like Akira.

Akira didn't get enough time to become likable, so I can't blame you there. I so badly wish this had gotten just one more volume.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021
Unknown%20(1)
joined Jan 30, 2019

as a polyamorous lesbian this is now my comfort GL i will reread this until i get two pretty gfs

E3
joined Aug 21, 2021

damn been like a year since i read this there was like 5 chapters i think, im glad i remembered this site

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

I do wish we had gotten a longer epilogue. Maybe some day somebody might make a doujin showing their lives once Mayuki turns 18?

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I never realized I didn't post here. This was nice.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

I'm not crying, you're crying

Resonated with me so much in the core^^

I was lying to myself that I didn't like this series but cried so much the whole time and loved it, so all in all:

GREAT STUFF. THE TEARS, THE LOVE, YESSSSSS

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

this is so heartwarming i'm sobbing
i need more yuri like this

joined Apr 28, 2016

Needed a few more chapters to properly do this but still cute and as some said it had some hot kisses.

Now I feel like reading some more poly

joined Dec 11, 2021

This manga would have been amazing if it was Rin and Mayuki. I didnt like Akira tbh she was like Forced to accept this relationship otherwise there won't be any other way to be with rin. Akira never apologized for what she said to mayuki and if you see the panels she was doing lips contact with mayuki instead of kissing her. The kiss between akira and mayuki is so different from the one with rin-akira. But anyway

last edited at Dec 26, 2021 4:34AM

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

This manga would have been amazing if it was Rin and Mayuki. I didnt like Akira tbh she was like Forced to accept this relationship otherwise there won't be any other way to be with rin. Akira never apologized for what she said to mayuki and if you see the panels she was doing lips contact with mayuki instead of kissing her. The kiss between akira and mayuki is so different from the one with rin-akira. But anyway

Yep, she just wasn't as developed as the other two, and also acted quite greedy and prideful at some points. Mayuki and Rin just work so well together & are so cute for me, I just wanted to see more moments between them.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Crap, I didn't even realize this manga was finished because the last chapter felt so much like just a volume finale, rather than a proper full story wrap-up. :-/

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

For those who didn’t know, Canno’s Twitter shorts about anthropomorphized astral signs will be turned into a proper series, starting in Comic Flapper’s March issue.

https://twitter.com/canno_sign/status/1478682690584907778

I can’t say I’m super excited (the short strips don’t really do much for me) but it’s cool for her!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I shared the news in the mangaka's discussion but nobody seemed to care x0 or the name cannon didn't ring a bell.

What I didn't know was that it's based on short stories, we get to know the characters ahead of time and pick our favorites I guess! there's even a full chart of what kind of relationships they have with each others

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Speaking of series, Canno’s HKY buddy Kawauchi will also get hers in March! I was waiting for this!

https://twitter.com/kawauchi05/status/1486988969598648321?cxt=HHwWgoDQ3dyl7KIpAAAA

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I like this a hell of a lot more coming back to it. When I first read it I was hella disappointed that Rin and Akira didn’t get more development because all the stuff with Mayuki was so good, but now that I’m not falsely expecting that I can see it for what it is. I think that it would have been amazing to get that, and there was clearly room for it, but I also think this stands alone better than I gave it credit for. Sometimes, “I would have said yes if you asked to date but I was scared” is just how it is, and that’s fine. I wanted to see more, but the story still stands. As it is, it’s the story of Mayuki’s earnestness and hard work bringing them all together. It’s not a three-pointed story but it doesn’t have to be.

Fzvftbrxoaepy3r%20copy
joined Feb 20, 2022

I don't think the relationship development was rushed but I would really like to see more from here... I would particularly like to see more exploration of how Akira feels about the polyamory and how she deals with her jealousy issues. But I think there's enough to read between the lines - interestingly I feel like it's okay that Akira doesn't show strong feelings for Mayuki outside of their triad (other than appreciating how good a kisser she is lol), because it's the context of them both loving Rin that makes Akira love and appreciate Mayuki more. And Mayuki comes to a deeper appreciation of Akira than her original senpai crush as she sees how far Akira will go for Rin. The triangle is actually stronger for this I think, because they're not just invested in each other as three pairings but also each in the other's relationship with their third partner, though again it'd be nice to see Akira adjusting as the one for whom this didn't come as naturally. Luckily Mayuki is definitely very invested in Akira/Rin and will make sure they have plenty of time together!

And I definitely don't think Rin reciprocating Akira's feelings came out of nowhere, she had only been thinking of her as a precious friend but given her polyamorous proclivities it makes sense that that friendship-love could easily become romantic love. Sometimes you don't have a full crush on someone but they confess and you're like "I do already love you so let's give this a shot!" She says she didn't reject the confession out of a lack of interest, after all, but because she was afraid of hurting Akira and Mayuki by choosing one or the other.

That is my meta anyway. I would love to see at least some short continuations, maybe with them being older... also Akira and Rin were the only pair that didn't get to kiss with tongue and I think that should be rectified!!

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I thought I'd give poly stuff a try but it really isn't for me.

joined Jan 20, 2022

Wow this Love Triangle is the only Love Triangle both sides have a happy ending. lol but I don't know if they'll broke up sooner. Damn I can't wait to see their future journey. RinXMayukiXAkira the best! tho I ship RinxMayuki they're so cute. can't decide but I think It's better if its a Mayuki lil Harem!!!!Arghhh I don't know hahaha.

last edited at Mar 7, 2022 7:55AM

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

You know, this surprised me more than I thought and I really enjoyed it!

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I don't think the relationship development was rushed but I would really like to see more from here... I would particularly like to see more exploration of how Akira feels about the polyamory and how she deals with her jealousy issues. But I think there's enough to read between the lines - interestingly I feel like it's okay that Akira doesn't show strong feelings for Mayuki outside of their triad (other than appreciating how good a kisser she is lol), because it's the context of them both loving Rin that makes Akira love and appreciate Mayuki more. And Mayuki comes to a deeper appreciation of Akira than her original senpai crush as she sees how far Akira will go for Rin. The triangle is actually stronger for this I think, because they're not just invested in each other as three pairings but also each in the other's relationship with their third partner, though again it'd be nice to see Akira adjusting as the one for whom this didn't come as naturally. Luckily Mayuki is definitely very invested in Akira/Rin and will make sure they have plenty of time together!

And I definitely don't think Rin reciprocating Akira's feelings came out of nowhere, she had only been thinking of her as a precious friend but given her polyamorous proclivities it makes sense that that friendship-love could easily become romantic love. Sometimes you don't have a full crush on someone but they confess and you're like "I do already love you so let's give this a shot!" She says she didn't reject the confession out of a lack of interest, after all, but because she was afraid of hurting Akira and Mayuki by choosing one or the other.

That is my meta anyway. I would love to see at least some short continuations, maybe with them being older... also Akira and Rin were the only pair that didn't get to kiss with tongue and I think that should be rectified!!

This is a great analysis, and for the most part I think you're spot-on. There's some things I do disagree with though.

An exploration of Akira's feelings is, to me, not just something I'd have liked to see. Rather, it's the missing piece that was left out of the story. It was a key aspect that needed to be addressed, and while one could say it was there if you read between the lines, it's too important to the story to be be left ambiguous.

The driving force behind the story's conflict is the pain of Rin's past experiences with others' refusal to accept her polyamory. She did everything she could to keep herself from falling in love because she never encountered somebody who'd been okay with her loving more than one person. That's why, when she learns that Mayuki might be similar to her, she lowers her defenses and opens up, eventually falling for Mayuki entirely.

Akira, on the other hand, vehemently opposed polyamory, right up until the point where she just... didn't.

Rin accepting Akira would be fine if Akira had accepted Rin, but reciprocating Akira's feelings should be impossible when she was behaving exactly the same way as all the friends that ended up hurting Rin in the past. Akira never went through any growth that would have lead to her accepting the fact that Rin would never be able to choose her and her alone.

Frankly, if you look at how many people say they didn't like Akira, even after the story ended, it's fairly plain to see that she was heavily shortchanged in the character-development department.

It's such a shame, too. Canno had done a fine job with developing Rin and Mayuki, I was eager to see Akira earn her place by Rin's side. I'm certain she could have had a great story of her own, but she never got the time to have it.

%e1%a8%b3%20%e9%ba%b7%e2%ad%8f%20icon%20%db%ab%db%ab%e2%9c%a7%20(1)
joined Jan 6, 2021

I loved it.
Both volumes xd

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_easy_introduction_to_love_triangles_to_pass_the_exam_ch11#30

From what I can tell I think the just lips contact might just be because of how the kiss is drawn. This page, for instance, looks like Mayuki and Rin are just pressing their lips together, while the other two kisses (Akira-Mayuki and Akira-Rin) are right proper kisses.

last edited at Mar 16, 2022 5:49PM

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

this ended way too quickly.

i did not like akira at all from beginning to end. the confession arc to the conclusion happened way too fast imo. is this story really over?

To reply you must either login or sign up.