Forum › An Easy Introduction to Love Triangles (To Pass the Exam!) discussion

joined May 7, 2017

Has there ever been a poly manga with a nice, satisfying ending (h-doujins excluded)? I'd honestly really like to read one.

Canno-sensei has a much more satisfying Poly at a Kiss and White Lily, you can look it up at the poly tag or read it throughly while the characters are developed, cause they are kinda of a side characters

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Has there ever been a poly manga with a nice, satisfying ending (h-doujins excluded)? I'd honestly really like to read one.

Canno-sensei has a much more satisfying Poly at a Kiss and White Lily, you can look it up at the poly tag or read it throughly while the characters are developed, cause they are kinda of a side characters

pretty sure this series only has side characters :P

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That was nice, but ultimately unfulfilling. Has there ever been a poly manga with a nice, satisfying ending (h-doujins excluded)? I'd honestly really like to read one.

I would say all of Shakajin Yuyushiki of Tatunokosso but since they're all 3 togethers at the start idk.

D377667b-c3de-466a-9875-3e02c0268695
joined Jun 2, 2020

That was nice, but ultimately unfulfilling. Has there ever been a poly manga with a nice, satisfying ending (h-doujins excluded)? I'd honestly really like to read one.

I’m not sure if this is exactly what you’re looking for, but there’s lots of cute poly doujins in the Love Live fandom on here. The author Manase has written some really great ones about Honoka, Kotori and Umi and those are some of my favorites. There’s also “MakiRinPanas lessons on living together?!” Idk if this helps, but I wanted to share.

last edited at May 11, 2021 7:06PM

Img_20230706_053347_360
joined May 21, 2020

ok this was good but there should've been more chapters or at least one more chapter as fanservice please god make it happen aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

What's that Volume 2?
Anyhow, I love how this all wraps up.

Edit: okay I get it now. :)

I'm just gonna re-read Canno's other work: the one stuffed with many hot girl characters.

last edited at Feb 3, 2021 1:17AM

Screen%20shot%202020-10-06%20at%203.36.22%20pm
joined Jun 18, 2020

lets goooooo

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Rushed....but overall not bad. Too bad they didn't develop either of Akira's relationship more. Still just feels like Akira was plugged in there and her chemistry with Rin just isn't there. I liked how they elaborated how Akira loved them both in different ways.

Thanks for translating this. It was fun to read.

i dont like the ending. author really did go to the trio relationship (or luminous=blue route). dont judge me, just didnt like it. like bro, just choose one person. again, disgusting ending. didnt like it.

While it was a rushed ending, but not as badly as luminous blue, since that just felt like it was done more on a whim, and thus less developed than this. This from the start was meant to be poly, not monogamous. Or did you not read the tags? Or look at the cover?

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I’m glad this ended on a high note. I would have loved to see more character development, but those are the breaks.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

ClaudeSP89 posted:

What's that Volume 2?

It's about the physical volume, the tankoubon.

Most probably, in the tank, there'll be extras and maybe side stories.

My%20project%20(4)
joined Jan 15, 2020

Never read a poly manga/manhwa/manhua with a nice poly ending unless it is a straight harem novel.....or one of those reverse harems where the girl says "let's all just stay friends!" For some reason, Yuri and Yaoi tend to be more monogamous with a 1v1 end-game couple.

You could always try the poly tag on dynasty scans but most of the manga there are either one-shots or really short manga that most often doesn't have a satisfying ending and/or enough development.

That said, I have read a few novels that have good poly endings! Benjamin Medrano is a great fantasy wlw writer who's written quite a few series with female MCs ending up with a bunch of girls. So if you're fine with reading 300-400 paged books instead then check his works out.

Sorry for intruding but with which book/series would you recommend starting?

All of the series are different worlds/timelines so it doesn’t matter which series you start with. Really depends on what you like. I personally recommend Ancient Dreams first so you ease into his writing style. Here’s also a basic rundown of each of his series:

Ancient Dreams- Elves, dryads, demons. His first work so it’s a simple fantasy. It’s about an old deity/spirit MC who wakes up after years of being trapped in a necklace and finds the world changed. Gets involved with some kind of sinster plot that involves a brainwashed goddess, an elven princess, and a whole bunch of other cool side characters.

Through the Fire- MC is an elf but her entire village basically gets burned down and killed by a dragon. Her “crush” also get captured by said dragon while she herself basically loses her arm and her magic core. She vows to save the girl she loves but she has to get powerful enough to do so and that’s hard when ur legit a cripple.

Beesong Chronicles- BEEGIRLS. Forget about cat girls, beegirls are far superior. MC used to be a Bee but then becomes a beegirl because a god won a bet or something and all the bees got turned into demi-humans. Super funny, cute, and lovely. Still lots of action and is the only series of his where the MC doesn’t really end up with a harem of girls.

Lilith’s shadow- Sci-fi fantasy? Basically superheros and MC is the creation/daughter of a notorious supervillain. MC tries to steps out of the shadows of her creator’s past and find her own identity. Super cool alt-world building and lots of interesting female hero love interests.

Mantles of Power- Angels and Demons. MC is sort of a fallen angel who may or may not have accidentally landed into the arms of a demoness and then falls in love with her.

Dusk Gate- New series, but in the same universe of Through the Fire. MC is a cynical mage-elf that was imprisoned in some demon’s castle as a slave for a few centuries till some adventures accidentally free her. No development in romance yet but a few love interests on the horizon.

All of them have poly endings, except for Beesong Chronicles and all of them are really good, especially if you like fantasy.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Still not a fan of poly relationships, even yuri ones, but this was a good series and I thoroughly enjoyed it the whole time.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

There Will be more?????

joined May 3, 2014

Never read a poly manga/manhwa/manhua with a nice poly ending unless it is a straight harem novel.....or one of those reverse harems where the girl says "let's all just stay friends!" For some reason, Yuri and Yaoi tend to be more monogamous with a 1v1 end-game couple.

You could always try the poly tag on dynasty scans but most of the manga there are either one-shots or really short manga that most often doesn't have a satisfying ending and/or enough development.

That said, I have read a few novels that have good poly endings! Benjamin Medrano is a great fantasy wlw writer who's written quite a few series with female MCs ending up with a bunch of girls. So if you're fine with reading 300-400 paged books instead then check his works out.

Sorry for intruding but with which book/series would you recommend starting?

All of the series are different worlds/timelines so it doesn’t matter which series you start with. Really depends on what you like. I personally recommend Ancient Dreams first so you ease into his writing style. Here’s also a basic rundown of each of his series:

Ancient Dreams- Elves, dryads, demons. His first work so it’s a simple fantasy. It’s about an old deity/spirit MC who wakes up after years of being trapped in a necklace and finds the world changed. Gets involved with some kind of sinster plot that involves a brainwashed goddess, an elven princess, and a whole bunch of other cool side characters.

Through the Fire- MC is an elf but her entire village basically gets burned down and killed by a dragon. Her “crush” also get captured by said dragon while she herself basically loses her arm and her magic core. She vows to save the girl she loves but she has to get powerful enough to do so and that’s hard when ur legit a cripple.

Beesong Chronicles- BEEGIRLS. Forget about cat girls, beegirls are far superior. MC used to be a Bee but then becomes a beegirl because a god won a bet or something and all the bees got turned into demi-humans. Super funny, cute, and lovely. Still lots of action and is the only series of his where the MC doesn’t really end up with a harem of girls.

Lilith’s shadow- Sci-fi fantasy? Basically superheros and MC is the creation/daughter of a notorious supervillain. MC tries to steps out of the shadows of her creator’s past and find her own identity. Super cool alt-world building and lots of interesting female hero love interests.

Mantles of Power- Angels and Demons. MC is sort of a fallen angel who may or may not have accidentally landed into the arms of a demoness and then falls in love with her.

Dusk Gate- New series, but in the same universe of Through the Fire. MC is a cynical mage-elf that was imprisoned in some demon’s castle as a slave for a few centuries till some adventures accidentally free her. No development in romance yet but a few love interests on the horizon.

All of them have poly endings, except for Beesong Chronicles and all of them are really good, especially if you like fantasy.

hi do you also have some wlw fantasy novels that are monogamus and also ofc end up in an happy ending with an girl???

joined Oct 21, 2013

i dont like the ending. author really did go to the trio relationship (or luminous=blue route). dont judge me, just didnt like it. like bro, just choose one person. again, disgusting ending. didnt like it.

Bruh, the first page already slaps in your face that it was going to be a poly end - did you seriously expect something else?

joined Apr 5, 2018

Still not a fan of poly relationships, even yuri ones, but this was a good series and I thoroughly enjoyed it the whole time.

Same. I'm surprised I enjoyed this one so much.

joined Mar 20, 2012

Thanks a lot for the summaries!!! All of them look awesome, Through the Fire legit sounds like a mix between the plots of skyrim and dragon's dogma (videogames). I need to look into getting them for the weekend

joined Mar 20, 2012

hi do you also have some wlw fantasy novels that are monogamus and also ofc end up in an happy ending with an girl???

I read a lot and for a gentle start Georgia Beers has a lot of really cute plots in her books (I recommend reading the summaries in her goodreads). For good plots + well written sex scenes Meghan O'Brien is amazing and can do no wrong.

Some of my favorite books are Mending Defects by Lynn Gallin (lesbians in the Alps, one is new to the neighborhood), Those Who Wait by Haley Cass (it was the most upvoted f/f fanfic in the GoT fandom before it was published), Ambereye (the main relationship it's hilarious and one of them is a werewolf that mates for life) and Broken Wings (a fairy escaped from her country because it's a dictatorship and it's really funny and heartbreaking with a happy ending).

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

mayuki has literally been the cutest little character this whole series. Thank you for your service mayuki :')

joined Sep 26, 2018

This manga ended exactly like I was expecting, meaning exactly like this video from ProZD

Anime love triangles
https://youtu.be/jgFyCuKoEGA

Fb99a412e56031b0a8f5568f284d39f1435bb314_hq
joined Nov 19, 2017

that was pretty chill, pretty nice, me likey

joined Mar 20, 2012

I liked the ending, it was pretty sweet

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

ClaudeSP89 posted:

What's that Volume 2?

It's about the physical volume, the tankoubon.

Most probably, in the tank, there'll be extras and maybe side stories.

Thanks for that one. I was confused and didn't realize right away that it's the tankoubon.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

when are we having the hardcore kisses special

To reply you must either login or sign up.