Forum › An Easy Introduction to Love Triangles (To Pass the Exam!) discussion

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Indeed. Yet another series ends when the relationship begins.

this is why i liked the ending of bloom into you. it wasnt perfect, but at least there was a payoff. i just want to see these couples/polycules happy and lovin each other for a few chapters. thats all i need.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I was pretty bummed out about hearing that this was (probably) axed, and I still am to some degree. But, as rushed as these last few chapters ended up being, I still found them rather sweet so I'm happy again. Here's hoping for some cute extras from volume 2 or Twitter showing them dating together.

Fuck I'm gonna miss Akira ,_,

joined Dec 30, 2018

Love this one

joined Jun 12, 2015

More like "A Bad Introduction to Love Triangles."

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Well, that worked out quite swimmingly it seems.
I would be surprised to see Akira just going along with it so easily if there wasn't so much talk about this being axed in the last chapter that I kinda expected it to go that way. Will agree the last kisses were a bit underwhelming, especially Akira's with Rin... but I could buy them all ending up together eventually, anyway. (I don't expect others to be fully so supportive, though. Eventually they're going to face some doubts from others)

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

In my eyes, this is a failure. 3 out of 10, most of which comes from sheer quality of art and having a little bit more novel premise.

Execution-wise, it's a pancake. Pretty pancake, but we didn't get any actual toppings to go with it and it ended being quite bland. I'm not the biggest fan of her Kiss and White Lily either, because it lacked focus and turned into a different type of mess because of that, but KaWL does have few nice stand-alone chapters that you can enjoy.

last edited at Feb 2, 2021 5:09PM

joined Mar 19, 2020

It seems fairly unstable though right? I mean I’m no expert but it seems like rin loves miyuki>akira, miyuki loves akira>rin and akira loves rin (way more)>miyuki. Akira even straight up said she don’t like miyuki like that right?
I guess canno didn’t have a lot of time but I think there was definitely more needed to show that rin loves akira like that, miyuki loves rin like that and to, I don’t know, show akira begin to love miyuki like that? Unless that is kind of what happened with akira.

This is the ending I wanted and all but it seems so compromised between the three that it’d eventually collapse.

joined May 30, 2020

This is the ending I wanted and all but it seems so compromised between the three that it’d eventually collapse.

If "So Do You Want to Go Out, or...?" has taught me anything, it's that even if you a relationship doesn't last, the experience is still important and meaningful. Whether these three stay together isn't made specifically clear, and it's obvious the author wanted to do more with them, but I don't think that them breaking up in the future would ruin the story we got. For one, I'm glad we actually got a story about a wholesome three-way relationship at all, that's rare.

joined Jul 29, 2020

Gosh, too bad it is already over. But well, everything had been concluded so yeah, great yuri and finally a one that end well with polyamory ! But it could have lasted a little bit longer and the end feel rushed. But a really great yuri and I look forward to the next works of Canno.

joined Jul 29, 2020

But if there’s one thing that REALLY bothers me, it’s Akira. She was a real bitch and I don’t feel like we got enough time to forgive her.

joined Jul 29, 2020

But not the best one of Canno, too short to exploit all of her talent. But at least the situation are not already seen and the themes are new. Great job like always but I expected more.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Well, I mean, it's a relationship between a 16 year old and two 17 year olds... The odds of them being together in 7 years is small (the jr girl will be not-yet-done with college, the other two will be working/in grad school). It's not impossible, but there'd be a million ways for them to fall apart.

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

Just noticed that Akira stopped munching on her juice straws. I guess she is at least much more comfortable in the current situation than in the previous one.

the jr girl will be not-yet-done with college, the other two will be working/in grad school

If it would get to that point, I honestly think it would last. The most likely time for it to collapse is when they go to Uni. At the same time, it doesn't feel like "until we grow old" kind of relationship. It has that youthful naivete and idealism at the core of it, and it would need to change even before that, to survive.

In all honesty, I think their values are just incompatible at the core. Especially Akira, who seems monogamous but compromising to get to Rin. Rin is the poster child of poly, which makes it the most likely for more people to be given affection by her with time, which I'm not sure Akira would be fine with. I don't know what to think about Mayuki's situation - the relationship she wanted the most she's not really getting, but she also genuinely cares for Rin. I can see her growing disillusioned with Akira and moving more towards Rin with time, but she won't say anything, because of her being the readiest to be the martyr. We will probably never know anyway, so let's just leave it at "and they lived happily ever after".

last edited at Feb 2, 2021 7:27PM

joined Aug 19, 2012

this was a lot shorter than I thought

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

But if there’s one thing that REALLY bothers me, it’s Akira. She was a real bitch and I don’t feel like we got enough time to forgive her.

I think it's more that we didn't get enough time to understand her. Out of the three of them she got by far the least attention. Most of her character development was "I love Rin and want her to myself" switching to "I love Rin and Mayuki." Sadly, we had no time for that.

RIP this manga... :C

I can't say I'm surprised it went the way it did after the news that it was stopping. I can't complain too much, because at the very least I got the ending I hoped for (more or less). There was a certain undertone of "Ehhhh. Fine. Mayuki can come too if she really has to... I guess..." that was suddenly, inexplicably (and disappointingly) changed to "Yay, I love Rin and Mayuki very, very much!". But time constraints being what they were, that was fairly inevitable to reach this conclusion.

That said, it almost feels as if it would have been fine to end it with Akira only accepting it. "I don't exactly want it to be this way, but it makes Rin happy... I'm close with Mayuki as well, so if it makes her happy too then that's good." I know a lot of people probably wouldn't like that, though. In my experience people prefer an ending where everyone is 100% happy, lovey dovey, etc. Any by "prefer an ending" I really mean "throw a fit if it isn't the ending".

Of course, the first page of the series wouldn't be able to exist if that were the case. (Which, incidentally, I predicted would be the way it ends if it really was getting axed... It's a great relief to know that I'm not always wrong. :P) But perhaps, in another world, the manga could have continued, and that "acceptance" could eventually change into something that matches up with it. (And that would honestly be my preferred scenario.)

No point in discussing what-ifs, I guess, but it's something I would have liked to see.

With all that said, I am SUPER-DUPER 100% ALL FOR that idea of an "An In-depth Manual to Advanced Love Triangles (To Get into College!)" slice of life sequel. That would be dope as hell.

last edited at Feb 2, 2021 7:22PM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

a lot of people upset this ended early, but damn most of it was hot as hell. mayuiki topping akria was amazing. and im glad we got a good ending. overall i dont really have any complaints, except that i wanted a ton more of it. i still loved it.

joined Jun 30, 2016

Kinda rushed at the end, would have love to see a little more but still, good read, glad they all got their happy ending.

Psx_20160306_172109
joined Mar 21, 2013

a lot of people upset this ended early, but damn most of it was hot as hell. mayuiki topping akria was amazing. and im glad we got a good ending. overall i dont really have any complaints, except that i wanted a ton more of it. i still loved it.

Mayuki topping Akira? Where?! Which chapter was that?

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Mayuki topping Akira? Where?! Which chapter was that?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_easy_introduction_to_love_triangles_to_pass_the_exam_ch07#22

the next few pages she makes her melt. probably my favorite moment of the manga. snotty akira topped by her junior that she thinks is beneath her.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

That was nice, but ultimately unfulfilling. Has there ever been a poly manga with a nice, satisfying ending (h-doujins excluded)? I'd honestly really like to read one.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

The moment I saw there was two updates of this I was like "YES", then my biggest fears turned reality when I clicked on book page to check the story status, story has been concluded ...
Now if you excuse-me, I'll be reading this with a heavy heart, in a dark corner ... with hopes to end in a satisfatory fashion, at least

My%20project%20(4)
joined Jan 15, 2020

That was nice, but ultimately unfulfilling. Has there ever been a poly manga with a nice, satisfying ending (h-doujins excluded)? I'd honestly really like to read one.

Never read a poly manga/manhwa/manhua with a nice poly ending unless it is a straight harem novel.....or one of those reverse harems where the girl says "let's all just stay friends!" For some reason, Yuri and Yaoi tend to be more monogamous with a 1v1 end-game couple.

You could always try the poly tag on dynasty scans but most of the manga there are either one-shots or really short manga that most often doesn't have a satisfying ending and/or enough development.

That said, I have read a few novels that have good poly endings! Benjamin Medrano is a great fantasy wlw writer who's written quite a few series with female MCs ending up with a bunch of girls. So if you're fine with reading 300-400 paged books instead then check his works out.

joined May 7, 2017

Oh well bummer, it certainly felt like Mayuki and Rin had a thing, mutual even, and Mayuki was on her way to start building up her relationship with Akira, but I had the impression Akira was the one left out, never felt like she belonged in any circle (or triangle) at all, and her feelings towards Rin certainly felt one-sided, a bit of an abrupt end, still was one works Canno-sensei has ever put together, greatly deserving of my support at Book Walker.

joined Mar 20, 2012

Never read a poly manga/manhwa/manhua with a nice poly ending unless it is a straight harem novel.....or one of those reverse harems where the girl says "let's all just stay friends!" For some reason, Yuri and Yaoi tend to be more monogamous with a 1v1 end-game couple.

You could always try the poly tag on dynasty scans but most of the manga there are either one-shots or really short manga that most often doesn't have a satisfying ending and/or enough development.

That said, I have read a few novels that have good poly endings! Benjamin Medrano is a great fantasy wlw writer who's written quite a few series with female MCs ending up with a bunch of girls. So if you're fine with reading 300-400 paged books instead then check his works out.

Sorry for intruding but with which book/series would you recommend starting?

To reply you must either login or sign up.