Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

In this chapter we unnecesarily crossover with a shoujo manga and shit on a nice kid.

I have nothing against him but this kind of fuels my aversion to 'potential male love interests' in yuri centric works. This kind of stuff feels not only arbitrary but intrusive. Because it's been done to death I don't think it's a trope anyone particularly misses, or that there's a particular need for it.

I don't think anyone hates the character but rather the execution of the character's role in the overall story.

last edited at Jan 28, 2021 2:13PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

INB4 This one gets licensed as well and its retired from this site and the translation team will drop it as they want us to "support" the artist leaving us no choice but to look for the licensed mangas and spend money or stop reading it at all just as it has happened to another ones and so we start looking for another (unlicensed) mangas.

It's all so tiresome

You're like 2 volumes too late amigo this one has already been licensied some times ago.

joined Sep 28, 2017

INB4 This one gets licensed as well and its retired from this site and the translation team will drop it as they want us to "support" the artist leaving us no choice but to look for the licensed mangas and spend money or stop reading it at all just as it has happened to another ones and so we start looking for another (unlicensed) mangas.

It's all so tiresome

You're like 2 volumes too late amigo this one has already been licensied some times ago.

Interesting. So I wonder why sometimes licensed works are retired from this site (even if you can find them in another ones) or dropped by the translators, and other times they are allowed here and the translation team continue their job normally? Is it the autor the one who personally asks for this? (I guess I saw this situation somewhere over here) or some translators just dgaf and keep working?

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

"You have the right to be proud of of loving what [who] you love!!" -- All I can say is, if he can love her for having this attitude, then he better support her when she tells him where her heart lies.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Quisty presumably because some groups automatically stop working on something if it gets licenced- others only stop if the publisher asks them to. Same with dynasty- stuff will be left up here after licenced, but if they are asked to take it down, ofcourse they will do.

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

What you told me at Wacarnold the other day, it got me thinking. "So Kurokawa's still the same girl who treasure her friends."

Dude, I don't know how the hell you thought that that was a face someone makes when they're talking about their friends.

But anyways, looks like he did confess. Hopefully she tells him, "Yo dude, you nice and all but I'm so gay for the dense gyaru chick."

Lil-Dumpster-Rat
2020-10-01%20(2)
joined Jul 27, 2019

Kurokawa be like: "Day 43 being gay, they ain't find out yet but when they do they're gonna be surprised"

joined Sep 11, 2019

This is where the real (end)game begins

11143587_983945991615710_6019435042284427906_n
joined Jan 29, 2015

Why do I feel like she'll kinda try going out with him...

joined Apr 6, 2013

Ha, I love how only in a Yuri Manga does the generic but cute nice guy asking out the main girl get a Black Word Bubble and dramatic tension were you can practically hear the DunDunDuuun.

Meanwhile in 90% of harem manga that' what the whole manga is leading up to.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

elevown posted:

It seems that way, but doesn't mean she wont do something dumb. This reminds me of that dude Mari breifly dated in girlfriends because she was trying to replace her feelings for Akko. People can do dumb shit even when they know better.

But I do hope not- it would just drag it it out pointlessly - and I hope this is the push they both need.

I'm not sure this is directly comparable to Mari and what's his face. At that point in time in Girl Friends, Mari was actively trying to repress her feelings for Akko. That's not really the case here though. Kurokawa hasn't quite realized what her feelings for Fujishiro even are yet.

Either way though, I think she's fairly likely to shoot him down for the reasons others have stated. Spending their entire time together worrying about whether he misunderstood things and actually likes her in a romantic way isn't really the thought process of someone who would start dating said person when asked out.

last edited at Jan 29, 2021 1:45AM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

"What if, maybe... oh fuck"

last edited at Jan 29, 2021 2:00AM

joined Oct 23, 2016

Get this het shit outta my yuri manga. . .

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Get this het shit outta my yuri manga. . .

I feel like there should be a tag for when a guy is crushing on a girl (or vice versa) as a plot point or plot twist called:

Het Threat

last edited at Jan 29, 2021 3:02PM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Why do I feel like she'll kinda try going out with him...

Totally!! I think so too! But that's interesting in a way and adds drama, if she brushes him off and they go on and on to doubting their feelings again it will just be boring lol

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Still going on the worse version of Girl Friends.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Though I agree with most of what you said, @Alice Cheshire, I do think we have slightly different interpretations concerning this:

Kurokawa hasn't quite realized what her feelings for Fujishiro even are yet.

I kinda interpreted Kurokawa as already knowing she loves Fujishiro, but thinking herself unworthy of being Fujishiro's GF.

Still, just like you and several others, I highly doubt this is gonna go a way similar to Girl Friends. The guy's def gonna be rejected early next ch.

last edited at Jan 29, 2021 4:12PM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Ready for Kurokawa to turn him down and finally realize she has feelings for Fujishiro, hope remains!

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

In my opinion, I don't think Kanade realizes the full extent of her feelings for Nanaki.

Unlike a few people, I don't believe she was "shipping" Nanaki and Izumi because she saw herself as unworthy. I think she just did it because of her princess obsession and saw Izumi as the perfect fit for the princess.

Not only that, but all the inner monologue that's shown makes it seem that she isn't aware of how she feels towards Nanaki. She might know that what she feels towards her is different than other friends, but she could easily just put that off as her obsession of princesses.

My overall point is that Kanade has more of grasp with her feelings for Nanaki, but she doesn't actually know what they are as of now. For example, while on her date with Akio, it appears that she remembers her date with Nanaki, but she seems a bit surprised and confused on why she was thinking about it. Also, her inferiority complex would probably make her reject the idea of having a crush on Nanaki.

There are multiple ways to interpret this situation though, so to each their own.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

BV posted:

Though I agree with most of what you said, @Alice Cheshire, I do think we have slightly different interpretations concerning this:

Kurokawa hasn't quite realized what her feelings for Fujishiro even are yet.

I kinda interpreted Kurokawa as already knowing she loves Fujishiro, but thinking herself unworthy of being Fujishiro's GF.

Still, just like you and several others, I highly doubt this is gonna go a way similar to Girl Friends. The guy's def gonna be rejected early next ch.

That's a fair interpretation, though I'm personally of the mind that it's less feeling she's unworthy than mistaking what she feels towards Fujishiro as admiration due to the whole princess thing.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

What you told me at Wacarnold the other day, it got me thinking. "So Kurokawa's still the same girl who treasure her friends."

Dude, I don't know how the hell you thought that that was a face someone makes when they're talking about their friends.

But anyways, looks like he did confess. Hopefully she tells him, "Yo dude, you nice and all but I'm so gay for the dense gyaru chick."

lmao seriously. Also, Kurokawa basically gushed at the slightest mention of Fujishiro and dude's like "Must be nice to be such good friends."

Just gals being pals, yo.

joined Sep 13, 2018

is this gonna be het ? kuro old friends says she looked at the other girl all the time but not with "maiden in love" eyes but something that scared them and made them ditch her from the group.

Kuro sees the other girls as an idol or example but didnt seem to be love yet

Now she acts like wanting it to be date , i dont get this anymore.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Now she acts like wanting it to be date

How so? The whole time she was worried he would mistakenly think this...

20200119_124434
joined Jan 19, 2020

Now she acts like wanting it to be date

How so? The whole time she was worried he would mistakenly think this...

Agree, she was worried all the time and she just enjoyed their normal otaku friend time. I think she will just turn him down and slowly realize that she craves for a special gyaru girl

joined May 31, 2020

Okay so don’t get me wrong, I loved reading this. But in Chapter 10 I remember saying “oh, here come the obstacles. I wonder how many obstacles there will be in this one?” and if I knew the answer was 20 chapters more I would’ve ducked out of binge-reading right then.

To reply you must either login or sign up.