Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Yessss, it’s here!

joined Jul 25, 2020

Yo, the fang.

joined Sep 13, 2018

God I love this series so much

joined Sep 16, 2014

I'm glad it's finally here. When I first read this, i really loved this scene. It really captured the 'psychological' part of the LN. It's such a shame the anime ep 1 didn't do it justice.

joined Jan 21, 2015

So glad this is here now. And all at once, too!

Happy reading to new readers!

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Chapters for this have apparently been being uploaded for two years now. How come it's only showing up now?

joined Nov 27, 2016

Soo...does anyone know how yuri this is? I wanna know what to expect

joined Jan 21, 2015

Actual yuri, but later on.

joined Aug 8, 2020

I'm usually not a fan of the psychological thriller/horror genres, but for some reason adding isekai to the mix makes it work for me. Maybe it's a suspension of disbelief thing. I'm thrilled to find out there's an anime, I'll have to see if I can track it down.

MoonlightServant
Phpfzxbpw_c1pm
joined Apr 25, 2016

Cheeki Breeki Stalker! Glad this is here!

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

I didn't know this had a manga version, I am so happy <3 Extra love for the translators for uploading in bulk.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Ohohoh I see the power of anime adaptation worked its magic once again!

Bulk uploading ftw!

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Anime! Anime! Anime!

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

A thread was opened recently where the LN and anime can be discussed separately; I'll link it here just in case:

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/17881-otherside-picnic-ln-manga-anime

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thank you so much to the team for allowing us to host this! They're awesome.

A thread was opened recently where the LN and anime can be discussed separately; I'll link it here just in case:

Thanks! Meant to throw this in the top post as well.

Chapters for this have apparently been being uploaded for two years now. How come it's only showing up now?

There are always a variety of reasons for us being late. In recent times we've had some really significant technical issues that made adding new series a very arduous process. I hope that we're past that, and a lot of the yuri out there we're missing will be added in the coming months.

last edited at Jan 7, 2021 10:42AM

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

I'm glad it's finally here. When I first read this, i really loved this scene. It really captured the 'psychological' part of the LN. It's such a shame the anime ep 1 didn't do it justice.

The anime definitely toned down the psychological horror part and replaced it with comedy, which is a shame. Episode 1 was still enjoyable; however, I prefer the darker tone of the light novel and manga (hopefully the anime gets darker too)

As a side note, I like that both the manga and anime kept the Ophelia scene. You know a series is yuri when the MC is drowning in water (literally or metaphorically)

last edited at Jan 7, 2021 12:01PM

joined Mar 6, 2018

Started reading because the title reminded me of Roadside Picnic and... this is just an awkward knock-off. It lifts certain concepts wholesale and tries to mix it with probably the authors own style, but it's very lacking. I think I would've enjoyed it more if embraced it's adventurous tone and if there was less gun fetishims and references to the original. That the yuri is rather absent as of now also doesn't help - if it was knock-off Roadside Picnic but with big fat yuri everywhere, it would be way more enjoyable.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

How the hell am I just hearing about this now? It's been uploaded in pieces for the past 2 years yet there are no comments past today?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Swag Wagon posted:

How the hell am I just hearing about this now? It's been uploaded in pieces for the past 2 years yet there are no comments past today?

Because it's date of release by scanlators. Not date it was uploaded here on Dynasty.

joined Jun 12, 2019

So I read the manga before the anime and I just saw the first episode, didn’t expect the monster to look like that idk. However it was still good, I think I like the manga better. Haven’t read the LN as yet. Anyways love MY GIRLS toriko and sorawo they’re adorable

joined Jan 21, 2015

Thanks for linking to it! I feel a bit silly now for having opened that thread, if I'd known the manga was coming to Dynasty I'd have waited. I guess it could be used for discussing the anime separately as you suggest since it should overtake the manga rather quickly, or maybe to discuss LN spoilers, to avoid manga-only readers having to navigate around the spoiler bars.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

To begin with, you'll see a lot of Sorawo being flustered by Toriko and jealous of the person she's looking for, but she doesn't really understand her own feelings (or anyone else's, really) all that well. I think the manga is particularly good at emphasizing a romantic feeling in some of these early parts of the story. It will probably be years before the manga reaches the parts that are particularly heavy on yuri, but the latest volume of the LN released in English (in digital form) is pretty heavy on it.

In any case, if the sci-fi/fantasy/horror/adventure elements don't draw you in, this probably isn't the series for you. I will say that the entities and workings of the Otherside grow more complex and intriguing over time.

joined May 25, 2017

oh lord this is here
no dislike just cant read this alone at night

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Welp, this has definitely been added to my To-Read list. Do love me stuff like this, and throwing yuri into the mix?

Perfection

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

ITS HERE

To reply you must either login or sign up.