Forum › Who Decided That Blues Had To Be Cool!? discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That brings Up the contraversial question, what about Magical girl raising site

@Skywallker No idea what that is- do you mean some site about 'magical girl raising project' the anime?

I never watched that- hated the idea of it.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

@Skywallker No idea what that is- do you mean some site about 'magical girl raising project' the anime?

Both Shoujo Site and Raising Project have yuri, and not the subtext or cousins variety either.
Of course, the question is whether the girls get to live long enough for that to matter.

last edited at Dec 16, 2020 10:16AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yeah.. I hate that kinda crap- cant watch an anime about young girls forced to fight to the death.. I dont care if an anime like that has yuri lol.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Azurite is unsatisfied with the upgrades to cover up her exposure, but Ruby is happy to see her exposures.

joined Aug 8, 2020

I'm calling it right now, at some point both their power stop working cause they fall in love.

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

I'm calling it right now, at some point both their power stop working cause they fall in love.

That would be pretty epic, ngl.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Both Shoujo Site and Raising Project have yuri, and not the subtext or cousins variety either.
Of course, the question is whether the girls get to live long enough for that to matter.

Yeah i mixed the two titles together...

But what i mean is that technically not All the project girls are... Well, girls. To some this an outrage, to others its chill

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

It doesn't count if it's with a girl!

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Jewels lose their power if they fall in love? Is this whole thing an elaborate metaphor for the idol industry? That... actually makes a scary amount of sense, considering all the arbitrary standards and problematic practices. And being an idol is often marketed as something every bit as wonderful and cute as being a mahou shoujo, only for optimistic kids to get into the industry and find themselves suffering through one of the most restrictive, exploitative professions in the world.

This series continues to be big-brained. I hope the two manage to net themselves an early retirement and a cottage in the countryside where any mascots entering the grounds are shot on sight.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Jewels lose their power if they fall in love? Is this whole thing an elaborate metaphor for the idol industry? That... actually makes a scary amount of sense, considering all the arbitrary standards and problematic practices. And being an idol is often marketed as something every bit as wonderful and cute as being a mahou shoujo, only for optimistic kids to get into the industry and find themselves suffering through one of the most restrictive, exploitative professions in the world.

This series continues to be big-brained. I hope the two manage to net themselves an early retirement and a cottage in the countryside where any mascots entering the grounds are shot on sight.

I mean it obviously operating somewhere on that level, her magical companion is a manager/talent scout

joined Feb 11, 2014

Watch later on when Azurite realizes she’s in love with Ruby.

Azurite: “How come I haven’t lost my powers?!”
Familiar: “That is indeed curious. Who is it you fell in love with?”
Azurite: “It’s... Ruby.”
Familiar: “Oh. That makes sense then. Love between magical girls is an exception.”

At least, I hope that’s where this is heading...

joined Mar 13, 2020

I mean it's also not too uncommon in myth and stories about magic for love to be a big factor right? Could be a comment on idols but it doesn't have to be.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Says you eyeball. It is my hope and dream as a woman to have magic remove body hair. Doing it yourself sucks.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

She just dug her own grave lol

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Pastel Flamingo is real.

Ironically, she's the cool one...

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Azurite's buddy seems like the kind of gal who has a secretly terrible family, turns into a monster after issues from said family peak, gets saved by the mahou shoujo, becomes a mahou shoujo herself mid-season, has better weapons and powers than the main duo, does cool shit for three episodes, and then becomes irrelevant for the rest of the series except for jobbing and the occasional spotlight episode. She'd be in that middle territory where she's not number two and the technical deuteragonist and girlfriend of the lead, but also not one of the numbers four onwards, who tend to be interesting and experimental and morally complex.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

But what if Minami is actually Pure Ruby, who, as an MG vet, can maintain the perfect poker face and just likes pulling Azusa's leg at school?

last edited at Dec 28, 2020 3:37PM

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

"Time to go home and..." almost made me spit out my drink, lol. That was extremely unexpected.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I find it a bit strange that Minami, who's insistent on being friends with Azusa, is calling her by her surname, while Azusa, who's a bit annoyed by her, is using Minami's first name. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Don't tell me Minami is ruby. That'd be too much.

joined May 1, 2015

Minami is ruby

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Big mood

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I find it a bit strange that Minami, who's insistent on being friends with Azusa, is calling her by her surname, while Azusa, who's a bit annoyed by her, is using Minami's first name. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Considering that the first three syllables of her surname are exactly the same, she probably just wants to go with the name that requires less precious breathing.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yeah but she is a tsundere- she obviously ISNT as annoyed as she pretends. You can never trust what a tsundere says unless they are in deredere mode.

To reply you must either login or sign up.