Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

joined May 3, 2014

Empirella posted:

I was hoping that in the 21st century we'd finally get over the need to categorize and label everyone's identity and sexuality and just let people be unique individuals who don't fit into little boxes, but I guess it's still too soon for that.

If you're expecting humanity to be able to move beyond stuff like that, you're vastly overestimating the species as a whole. There's a depressingly large chunk of the populace dead set on nothing more than backsliding and regressing. And that portion of the populace seems to be impossible to actually get rid of unfortunately.

WHAT??? are you gonna ignore that 95% of world population falls into the either born male or female and stay that way? or the fact that they also are Heterosexual people? way will you describe THAT part as backsliding and regressing when many of them are the reason way LGBT has this much acceptence right now, are you really gonna generalize the whole humanity just cuz you don’t like labels? well I like them and won’t go away, I’m Trans and I wanna the Female identity and the Lesbian lable to stay were they are, even an small population of the LGBT thinks labels are usefull and not all of them think humanity needs to ger rid of identiy and labels when 95% doesn’t fall into that.

I also understand the need to not give that much vlaue to identity and labels, don’t judge people on thous and other negative things that come with identity and labels, that I can get behind but not the idea that we need to get rid of it like some LGBT people wanna.

joined May 3, 2014

People keep calling the hinted relationship between Naru and Shiba yaoi, but I don't think that's correct. When Ookuma asks them if they're a man, they very explicit say their sex is male. Now, that could just be an artifact of the translation, but it seems like a very specific and unusual wording. They also always appear in very feminine clothes and act in a more traditionally feminine way.

My guess is that Naru is actually trans. or at least somewhere on that end of the spectrum, in contrast to Mizuki who just prefers more masculine cloths both still thinks of themselves as a woman and who gets surprised when people mistake them for male.

Also, on an unrelated note, I'd forgotten this series was by Mochi. It's so different from most of their other works, but I really liked the less completely crack tone and setting. I hope we see more in a similar style, if not an outright continuation.

And I don't really see her parents as conservative. Overprotective - sure. But she obviously has 0 issues with dating another girl, even less than a regular person. Maybe she is just an airhead, but I don't think that is something she would be taught in a conservative household of a wealthy family.

It's worth noting that the same openness to new experiences that lead to her easily accepting Mizuki is also shown in other aspects of her personality. For example when she was confronted with new, and potentially unpleasant, dishes she decided to go for them without hesitation. That's more than just ditzyness and it's not a character trait you'd expect from overly conservative households.

oh for the love of....so we reach an point were the LGBT community keeps saying we should no care about identity and labels, but we still brand Feminin Man = gay!
now here we are again! Feminin Man = trans!

how about this one? some Feminin men = might be STRAIGHT or way the hell not Bisexual???(the humanity as an whole can’t comprehand that some man like to be more feminin or that some women like to be masculin) and then we get complains about how society labe things and care to much about identity when the LGBT itself doesn’t seemn to be able to think man can’t be feminin unless they are either gay or trans, I really feel sorry for Femboys at this point, or just Feminin man if they don’t use that Label

last edited at Oct 31, 2020 12:58AM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I'm in no way drunk enough to comprehend that right now.

TheWandererMerlin
joined Oct 31, 2020

I just realized,
Ookuma’s parents have to know Kanda is a girl because they investigated her through her resume right?? They probably did all sorts of background checks and found out.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

People keep calling the hinted relationship between Naru and Shiba yaoi, but I don't think that's correct. When Ookuma asks them if they're a man, they very explicit say their sex is male. Now, that could just be an artifact of the translation, but it seems like a very specific and unusual wording. They also always appear in very feminine clothes and act in a more traditionally feminine way.

My guess is that Naru is actually trans. or at least somewhere on that end of the spectrum, in contrast to Mizuki who just prefers more masculine cloths both still thinks of themselves as a woman and who gets surprised when people mistake them for male.

Also, on an unrelated note, I'd forgotten this series was by Mochi. It's so different from most of their other works, but I really liked the less completely crack tone and setting. I hope we see more in a similar style, if not an outright continuation.

And I don't really see her parents as conservative. Overprotective - sure. But she obviously has 0 issues with dating another girl, even less than a regular person. Maybe she is just an airhead, but I don't think that is something she would be taught in a conservative household of a wealthy family.

It's worth noting that the same openness to new experiences that lead to her easily accepting Mizuki is also shown in other aspects of her personality. For example when she was confronted with new, and potentially unpleasant, dishes she decided to go for them without hesitation. That's more than just ditzyness and it's not a character trait you'd expect from overly conservative households.

oh for the love of....so we reach an point were the LGBT community keeps saying we should no care about identity and labels, but we still brand Feminin Man = gay!
now here we are again! Feminin Man = trans!

how about this one? some Feminin men = might be STRAIGHT or way the hell not Bisexual???(the humanity as an whole can’t comprehand that some man like to be more feminin or that some women like to be masculin) and then we get complains about how society labe things and care to much about identity when the LGBT itself doesn’t seemn to be able to think man can’t be feminin unless they are either gay or trans, I really feel sorry for Femboys at this point, or just Feminin man if they don’t use that Label

these days, people to put a label on everything

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I just realized,
Ookuma’s parents have to know Kanda is a girl because they investigated her through her resume right?? They probably did all sorts of background checks and found out.

omg I never even thought about that! I can just imagine that part of their relationship now: time to meet the parents. "Hey, I'm going out with a girl" "Yeah, we know"

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

these outfits are really good though, the art in general is just really good

DR2 Hajime Hinata
joined Jul 20, 2016

WAIT A MINUTE, THAT'S THE END?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I MEAN THE LITTLE SPEECH FROM KANDA WAS TOUCHING BUT STILL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Therefore, homosexuality has almost nothing to do whatsoever with biological sex

I disagree. But then again, it would depend on your definition. If homosexuality had little to do with biological sex, homophobia would not be that big of a thing. The reason homophobia exists is because conservative societies cannot fathom the idea of people being attracted only to the same sex (i.e., society's definition of homosexuality). You cannot "see" someone's gender identity as it's psychological but you can usually recognize their sex. It's sex-signaling. Your brain identifies these sex characteristics and you can't help but be attracted to the same (or opposite) sex, or at least to people who appear to have characteristics of the same (or opposite) sex (like trans people who transition). It's just a visual thing that's innate. Similarly, for heterosexuality; it has a lot to do with sex given how it also involves sexual reproduction.

last edited at Nov 14, 2020 10:05PM

Cpvknwduiaasntu
joined Nov 17, 2016

I don't understand what happened to this thread. Last time I was here it seemed somewhat normal, but it escalated into a huge discussion about identity. It seems people can't deal with characters who are gender nonconforming. But the manga is pretty clear in saying that Kanda is a girl and her brother is male, no matter how they look.

Anyway, the last chapter was cute, but as an ending it was pretty underwhelming. Hoping for a sequel of some kind.

Therefore, homosexuality has almost nothing to do whatsoever with biological sex

I disagree. But then again, it would depend on your definition. If homosexuality had little to do with biological sex, homophobia would not be that big of a thing. The reason homophobia exists is because conservative societies cannot fathom the idea of people being attracted only to the same sex (i.e., society's definition of homosexuality). You cannot "see" someone's gender identity as it's psychological but you can usually recognize their sex. It's sex-signaling. Your brain identifies these sex characteristics and you can't help but be attracted to the same (or opposite) sex, or at least to people who appear to have characteristics of the same (or opposite) sex (like trans people who transition). It's just a visual thing that's innate. Similarly, for heterosexuality; it has a lot to do with sex given how it also involves sexual reproduction.

I just wanted to say that I agree with you. I'm a lesbian and I care about biological sex. I understand that not everyone is the same, but homosexuality is based on the same (homo) sex (sexuality). I didn't think it was controversial to say, especially in spaces that are supposed to be LGBT-friendly. If homosexuality wasn't biological, then nobody would be gay, since homophobia is a thing in most countries and logically you'd want to avoid being oppressed. But since you can't help who you're attracted to, it's not like you can choose.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Can't we all just appreciate a beautiful man wearing a dress?

B317d5337236dc7a4d6785c89a6164b7c373ff6av2_hq
joined Sep 16, 2017

:)

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Okay, where the flip in the world can you ride a jeep and pet baby lions in fricking yukatas!?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Same place you can get gay-married in Japan?

Okuma was hit by a truck and these are her dreams while on life support.

:D

An engagement? Christmas was a success this year.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Ok, I didn't expected that, en engagement... and the series (as far as I know) keeps going.
This turned out to be quite a promising manga.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Ok, I didn't expected that, en engagement... and the series (as far as I know) keeps going.

The series is marked Completed and chapter 13 ended with https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/handsome_girl_and_sheltered_girl_ch13#33

Cpvknwduiaasntu
joined Nov 17, 2016

Engagement! Now this is a proper ending, unlike the previous chapter. I'm much more satisfied now. These two remain a very cute couple.

Download
joined Aug 25, 2019

So cute...yay!

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

What a cute little bow on the end. I really enjoyed this manga~ I'm excited to see what this author makes next!

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

Quick, get me to a hospital, my heart cannot handle all this sweetness.

Brooo both suits and dresses? Fuck yeah.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
joined Jul 20, 2016

awww definitely one of my favorite couples on here

Sample_0bc66a359c3af4a24555c4bef5b4c655
joined Oct 5, 2015

Is it just me, or did it get axed real fucking hard?

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

This was fucking adorable, so glad to see these two again, yuri marriage is the best, what a nice treat, (kinda cute how she still calls her Kanda-Kun tho)

To reply you must either login or sign up.