Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

joined May 23, 2015

When do we get that yaoi version of this with Kanda's brother?

joined Apr 6, 2021

I really liked this series, but it feels like the ending came out of nowhere. Did the series get the axe or something? The two main characters had great chemistry and it feels like there was a lot more story to be told (like the conservative parents for example). If the author decided to leave the series to do a yaoi side series, I’d be pretty disappointed honestly. Either way, I’m happy enough with what we got.

Just reread this all in one night and seriously it feels like it was cut toooo short. I would’ve loved for her parents to meet Kanda chan and see how that goes!

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

Getting the whole trans experience without actually being trans, damn.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

This totally deserved better, it deserved more chapters, it deserved more development of their relationship, it just..... Deserved more, it kinda pains me, i hate it since it feels like it had a lot of potential to get really good and cute, fuckkkkk FUCKKKKK

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

This deserves more chapters it's Soo good and sad that it ended so abruptly

Images
joined Jun 22, 2021

I always go back and read this once in a while because of how good it is. Always sad because of how short it is :(

last edited at Jul 28, 2021 3:05AM

joined Apr 28, 2021

I thought this ended kind of abruptly but in fine with that because I was kind of getting bored anyway. This series was alright, I enjoyed the art style and the general plot. Idk why the brother had that really short interaction with one of the tomboy's friends because it really was irrelevant when the plot was going to end so soon.
I was scared when I saw this had Mochi in it because I see their works often have a lot of incest which I strongly dislike so I'm glad there wasn't it in this work.

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

so this is love stage.. but yuri.
anyway, this is so cute. love me some pansexual gfs.
also love the fact that Ookuma cut her nails before topping kanda that night.

and i'm not really into yaoi anymore but i'm pretty invested with how Shiba and Kanda's brother's relationship would turn out to be.

joined Aug 29, 2019

also love the fact that Ookuma cut her nails before topping kanda that night.

Good catch, had to compare it with the previous chapter, but you're right. Question is, however, was it actually with intent or did she just happen to clip them for convenience or something? She did get pretty drunk and couldn't even remember the next day, after all.

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

I do hope we see more of them some day. Much as I dislike Mochi Au Lait's art style, their storywriting is top tier and meshes superbly with this artist.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

For some reason, when this artist and this author work together, it is always good. If you read mangas drawn by this artist but also as the author, there is something missing. Also, the drawing style is not consistent. But if this author works with other artists, the results are still decent.

Good plot, but drag out a bit. 9 or 10 chapters would be good enough.

Yuu%20koito%203
joined Feb 8, 2022

Wahh that was so nice and fluffyy X3 i loved ittt so wholesomeee but still had some naughtyness XD oho whats this incest and mochi i see?? Hehe time to investigate

joined Dec 22, 2020

oh this is a great ending short but full of sweet im happy

A9-ava
joined Apr 7, 2022

A very light-hearted and soft story. I really like the art style too. Ookuma was really a pansexual icon, I love her.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Why are people so upset about the misunderstanding in this manga? It's not even the focus. 90% of the story so far is the fluffy developing relationship between these two and Kanda realizing she might be (totally is) gay.
As for Kanda's constant repetition of "we're both girls"... are y'all just forgetting that gay marriage still isn't legal in Japan? Even if Ookuma is okay with it, Kanda is clearly suffering from some internalized homophobia, hence why she tenses up and stops herself whenever she feels something for Ookuma.
Also, as for any potential "forced drama" between these two, does that really sound like Mochi's style? Anyone?

This ^
I love dynasty forums it's always pure comedy.
1) They take everything too serious.
2) Watching series tagged with Age gap, Incest, lolicon etc and complaining about these, like what did you expect!
3) Feel the need to sh*t on a series after 1 Chapter and doing it till the end, why even reading it??
4) Thinking they are sooooooo smart but doesn't even what it's about, as is the case here.

Like you said the misunderstanding isn't even the focus/point the point is that Kanda is (homophobic) and not at peace with her sexuality.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

But she still doesn't want Ookuma to find about her true gender. Why? See (1).

But she said she will be ok if Kanda is a girl if she stay with the same cool attitude. That's the main problem we had. Kanda don't want Ookuma to found out is just farfetch and her own cowardice at this point. Ookuma is for nothing, the whole problem lie in Kanda.

Being not comfortable with her sexuality is far-fetched, oooooookay.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Like you said the misunderstanding isn't even the focus/point the point is that Kanda is (homophobic) and not at peace with her sexuality.

I'd say it is like 1/5 being homophobic and 4/5 afraid of rejection. She got over the "am I gay?" phase fairly fast.

joined Jul 29, 2022

I like this and this sibling trade looks in birth they get me that her brother is girl

joined Jan 6, 2023

The only mochi story I like cuz wtf is in the other stories, if u like it nahhh

last edited at Jan 8, 2023 10:10AM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

ughhh I love them so much, reading The Princess and the Grilled Cheese Sandwich (highly recommend if you want something cheesy and happy) gave me the urge to re-read this, I'm just a sucker for misunderstanding plots for some reason

4f458f0ca382c3704f458f0ca382c370robocopfp1
joined Apr 11, 2022

you mean we get yuri and yaoi too??? DAMN, sign me the fuck up

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'd say it is like 1/5 being homophobic and 4/5 afraid of rejection. She got over the "am I gay?" phase fairly fast.

I'd say it is like 0/5 being homophobic, 2/5 afraid of upsetting Okuma and 3/5 scared of heartbreak. There is nothing homophobic about Kanda assuming Okuma was straight.

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

I’ve see a bunch of comments from people saying that Kanda is homophobic but I never got that impression when I was reading this XD.

I interpreted it as Kanda never thinking/imagining that she would be in a relationship with another girl. Not that she hates gay/lesbians…

There are parts where Kanda says thinks like she doesn’t know how girls can be together, but that’s not her being a homophobe, that’s just her lack of knowledge of gay relations and/or maybe not being so familiar with it…

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

reread this for the first time in years and boy, this thread is wild.

Kanda definitely suffered internalized homophobia for a sec tho. just a short while, but it was there

To reply you must either login or sign up.