Forum › An Easy Introduction to Love Triangles (To Pass the Exam!) discussion

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Mayuki at player level status "oooh uhhh, my grades, plz halp" makes out with everyone little shits got game

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

For those wondering, last month’s extra is already translated, it’s just awaiting proof and ts. ^^

It’s centered on one of Mayuki’s buddies.

joined Aug 7, 2020

Was there a new chapter released this month?

last edited at Nov 30, 2020 9:50AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

It’s in the table of contents on Dengeki’s website, so yes.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Simple, but cute.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

last edited at Dec 5, 2020 6:02PM

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

Was there a new chapter released this month?

Yes, you can even to see the raw if you search well.
let's say the status quo is broken in this chapter

joined Aug 8, 2020

Yeah let's slap a handle in this love triangle!

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Good to see Mayuki was a lady-killer even back in middle school.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Isn't she still there?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Isn't she still there?

Oh, you're completely right, I'm just dumb. For some reason I thought that was a flashback and she was already in high school, when one of the main points of the series is that she's trying to get into the same high school as Akira (and Rin).

last edited at Dec 5, 2020 6:54PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

As someone observed before, little shit's got game.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

She has that moe factor, huh. You just want to take care of her. :P

I like Sumire’s positive mindset at the end, in any case!

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Mayuki is so....CUTE

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Mayuki from Sumire's perspective: Baby
Mayuki from Akira and Rin's perspective: Mommy
Does this make Sumire the doting grandma?

B1708326-d6a0-40c0-a6ee-1fc46f147837
joined May 25, 2020

Isn't that kind of math taught in the first year of middle school, aren't they in their 3rd? Then again Sumire does state that it's an easy part.
Also, I tried to add an image if it didn't work what I'm referencing is here

Edit: I fixed it somehow yayy

last edited at Dec 6, 2020 3:21PM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Isn't she still there?

Oh, you're completely right, I'm just dumb. For some reason I thought that was a flashback and she was already in high school, when one of the main points of the series is that she's trying to get into the same high school as Akira (and Rin).

It is a flashback, but only to just before the point where Rin turns up to tutor her.

For some reason I thought the other girls were new characters that Canno randomly decided to throw in in order to spice up the story (and I was going to complain about it), but no, they're already there in the first chapter. So it's all good.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Forgetting their names is one thing, but forgetting their existence? >.>

joined Sep 11, 2019

Waiting for the day the three of them actually start formally dating one another

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Taking bets on which part of the triangle will make the first double connection. My money's on the Mayuki-Akira link giving us Mayuki<-->Akira-->Rin. Then Rin is like "are these my people?" and they all live happily ever after.

last edited at Dec 11, 2020 4:17PM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

[9] fuuuuck i love this series so hard. cannot wait for the next one.

edit: never really got into poly stuff before. wasn't not into it, but never really read anything. this series really is an "easy introduction," because i'm sold. sign me up. anyone have any good poly yuri recs?

last edited at Dec 18, 2020 12:17AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

My heart hurts for them. Good job not being useless, Akira. Let's not take the wrong lessons from this!

joined May 11, 2018

Pathetic.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

We've got 3 chapters devoted to each segment of the triangle now, and judging from the current pace, 10 should be the part where everything (and everyone) coalesces. This series has been excellent so far, and I think the individual focus per chapter is the best possible evolution of Canno's style in A Kiss And A White Lily- rather than multiple chapters for side-couples, we get chapters to devoted to different sides of individuals, reflecting the many different faces of a relationship structure that is considerably more complex than monogamy+1.

Akira's dynamic with Rin differs completely from her dynamic with Mayuki, but the development of the latter pushes the former in new directions, creating ripples and realizations that have implications for the greater structure. It can be incredibly hard to keep track of all these changes and balance the themes of individuality and togetherness, especially since they're not based on a binary so much as a common body of thought, but Canno's elegant planning and design create the perfect flow while still never compromising on anyone's depth.

The end result is that even folks who know nothing about polyamory can understand it's unique appeal without being overwhelmed by differing perspectives and interests, because Canno gives her characters enough focus outside the relationship to cement our idea of them as people and not merely lovers. In that regard, this might be a foundational work as long as it sticks the landing, because it goes above and beyond the call of simple entertainment and actively expands our horizons, allowing us to understand and empathize with a vastly under-represented group. In short, Canno isn't just giving us a monthly dose of fluffy yuri- she might actually be doing polyamorous folks a service (at least in Japan, where this is presumably popular).

joined May 23, 2017

It looks like it's gonna end soon

To reply you must either login or sign up.