Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Waiitttt is Teiji not going to be translated anymore not that it got licensed?

joined Jun 28, 2018

The way Eli straight barged her way into Honoka's heart, made herself comfortable, and just waited for her to be ok with it is so Goddamn adorable

De8f36554faa66ff1cbf28142164fa13
joined Apr 20, 2020

Whos your mom...???. ಠ_ಠ

joined Oct 13, 2014

itd be interesting if they actually decided to not match anymore

Aand_this_one_too_by_shiniez
joined Jan 19, 2013

so guys have you all knew right from the start MahiMahi aren't twins? is it just me who got it just recently?

No I knew at one point a few years ago. This was during an Interview the two had for a Magazine looking for people who were like twins in 2017 or 2018.

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

Mahiru and Mahiro are now my official favorite couple in this series. Their love is so much more developed than everyone else. All the other girls can only hope to aspire to their level one day.

joined May 23, 2013

Yes, at first it was implied they were real twin sisters. Then at some point the author (perhaps not wanting to put an incest subplot in the story) decided they are osananajimi who want to be as one because they love each other so much; and for this they try to be identical as twins. Eventually their (different) family names were disclosed.

Nah, their very first appearance gives their different last names, identifies them as friends and shows they don't live together: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch14#2

joined Apr 17, 2017

Does anyone know who is going to be publishing this? My google searches have not revealed any clue.

If they start publishing it now it will take forever for them to get up to the place we have all read to.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Wow, Mahimahi never stop being goddesses. Their purity is transcendent....even to their cranky "Mom."

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

If they start publishing it now it will take forever for them to get up to the place we have all read to.

As great as this is, that's my fear too - that and any kind of censorship. I wonder if they'll do collected countries volumes instead of individual ones.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Does anyone know who is going to be publishing this? My google searches have not revealed any clue.

Here

As great as this is, that's my fear too - that and any kind of censorship. I wonder if they'll do collected countries volumes instead of individual ones.

iirc there is a german publication for Virgins Empire. Maybe some germans here can enlight us.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I think some people are getting a bit confused here, due to this being posted in the wrong thread.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I think some people are getting a bit confused here, due to this being posted in the wrong thread.

If one only follows the releases and doesn't read the discussions or browse the site, they may have first heard about it through that credits page, so...but your larger point remains. I don't think there's any reason to believe that Virgins' Empire is getting licensed as of now.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't think there's any reason to believe that Virgins' Empire is getting licensed as of now.

Which is a shame to be honest.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

If one only follows the releases and doesn't read the discussions or browse the site, they may have first heard about it through that credits page, so...but your larger point remains. I don't think there's any reason to believe that Virgins' Empire is getting licensed as of now.

Credits page? Ah, that explains why it was in this thread. I never read those...

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Credits page? Ah, that explains why it was in this thread. I never read those...

Which gives me an opportunity to say, this series has some of the best around!

I don't think there's any reason to believe that Virgins' Empire is getting licensed as of now.

Which is a shame to be honest.

Given the complexity of licensing from multiple publishers for a manga with hundreds of chapters, the commercial lack of success for Maki Maki (of course it's not fair, but publishers usually aren't), and the fact that the manga sorta flips genres halfway through, I'm honestly amazed it's licensed anywhere. I do hope it's doing well in Germany, though. Their publishing scene's business practices always looked pretty good from over here.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

You really should go back through each credits page since Chads no Teikoku took over, and the Chads' Special Chapter. They're pure gold.

last edited at Dec 14, 2020 8:45PM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

You really should go back through each credits page since Chads no Teikoku took over, and the Chads' Special Chapter. They're pure gold.

I think I may actually have read some of those, but it's just... That parody cover image. It's hilarious, and really well done... but at the same time, utterly terrifying.

joined Apr 17, 2017

Oooh, I get this now. To be honest, I assume I don't understand most of the things placed on a lot of credits pages. I'm very old and the context is often obscure to me. But I can follow the stories, at least.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Ah, I've once again caught up. It's just around this time last year that I had nearly caught up the first time. There's obviously a lot of great stuff in here, but I think what sticks out most are those moments we get a peek into each character's internal struggles. The development of Honoka's social anxiety, Nononon's low self-esteem, Yuu's jealousy or even Kaoru's...Kaoru. At first these felt like nothing of much substance, but as time goes on and they get picked over and played with more and more, I found myself relating to specific struggles or characters in scenes I wouldn't have expected to just a few chapters prior. As silly and lighthearted as it mostly is, there's a real honesty and true-to-life quality to this manga that kept me engaged and excited throughout.

Also Honoka and Eli were definitely not my favs early on, but my goodness they have come a long way! Chapter 216 was just like, some of the absolute best pay-off ever.

Oh and bless everyone who pushed for pairing tags! Really does make re-reading and following the different arcs a much nicer experience!

last edited at Dec 18, 2020 12:57AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I have a feeling Honoka and Elisha might actually have sex, or even have a baby through stem cell technology, and Honoka will still think Elisha only sees her as a friend (or tell herself that).

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

That's some good flirting. Does that even count as flirting? Either way, I'm loving Mask and Kaoru's...thing they have going on.

Also, is there a source for that Elisha x Honoka pic in the credits? I want to suggest that for the image upload tomorrow.

last edited at Dec 25, 2020 2:54AM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Santa Elisha sitting on Honoka's lap is a Christmas gift I didn't know I wanted. Thanks, Chads!

joined Sep 6, 2018

An English translation of that German spoken in latest chapter would be nice.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

A Virgins empire update on Christmas, what a gift!

To reply you must either login or sign up.