Forum › A Plain High School Girl Is ○○'d by Pretty Girls discussion

Tomoe
joined Apr 14, 2015

bring it up with the author

Raw: まあ、あの堅っ苦しいジャケット着なくて済むし~

Screenshot_39
joined Apr 17, 2017

A gyaru teacher? That's just unfair! I'm sorry Tanabata, I'm team Gyaru sensei now. D':

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Is she hitting on the Little girl who made her get her shit toget her by calling her stupid?

Guess thats a kink

joined Apr 6, 2018

woah woah that was nice. HAREM ROUTEEEEE HERE WEEEE GO!

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Hmm. I wonder if "jacket" is one of those words that doesn't mean what people think it does, like "jersey"? (Although I can't actually find any evidence for that.) Or maybe it's Noyama who doesn't know what it means...?

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Hmm. I wonder if "jacket" is one of those words that doesn't mean what people think it does, like "jersey"? (Although I can't actually find any evidence for that.) Or maybe it's Noyama who doesn't know what it means...?

that or maybe that's just what japense people call those types of shirts

joined Jul 26, 2016

Some kind of more figurative meaning perhaps, like how "suit" in English rather varies by context? She is talking about her "appropriate workwear" there after all.

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

so it's yui's false after all :")))

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Is Yui some kind of Yuri God? She refers to herself as "plain," but all these girls (and women) are seriously wet for her.

I think "plain" my actually mean "not flashy."

joined Apr 22, 2014

I'm getting rather sad that every other character in manga are obsessive about their diets, from growing teens to the oldest main characters we get, who are like... 32? I get that this is probably reflective of reality to some extent, but I would find it a relief with someone who went "fuck your diet, 'skinny teenage girl' is not the beauty ideal you think it is"

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

fumina, there are two wolves inside of you... both of which are useless

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I'm getting rather sad that every other character in manga are obsessive about their diets, from growing teens to the oldest main characters we get, who are like... 32? I get that this is probably reflective of reality to some extent, but I would find it a relief with someone who went "fuck your diet, 'skinny teenage girl' is not the beauty ideal you think it is"

I don't disagree with you, but good luck with that in Japan.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Japan has it somewhat easy with their food. Low sugar and animal fat, usually very cheap fish...If you avoid junk food and do some sports it should be enough.

But the bigger problem (I think) are these super artificial beauty standards of doll-like women that might as well be robots.

Also being skinny can be nice, same with slightly chubby. Really depends on the body type. Just don't go all twitter dumb with "my 400kg are beautiful, sleep with me or you are racist"

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Is Yui some kind of Yuri God? She refers to herself as "plain," but all these girls (and women) are seriously wet for her.

I think "plain" my actually mean "not flashy."

That is in fact what the word means

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Chokoreto chottomatte!

joined Jan 14, 2020

The worst for me was Gargantia, far future post-apocalyptic with the girls still worrying about being thin for boys. Given the setting the culture should probably value women with some famine-surviving meat on them.

Actually those particular girls did have a reasons to be worrying about their weight: they were glider pilots who carried messages and small packages. Great reason to be using teen girls for that in the first place. But that's not the reason were given.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Japan has it somewhat easy with their food. Low sugar and animal fat, usually very cheap fish...If you avoid junk food and do some sports it should be enough.

But the bigger problem (I think) are these super artificial beauty standards of doll-like women that might as well be robots.

Also being skinny can be nice, same with slightly chubby. Really depends on the body type. Just don't go all twitter dumb with "my 400kg are beautiful, sleep with me or you are racist"

Lol amazing comment

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Back when there was no corona and schools were still open, this happened to me ALOT, I only really realized my bag was unzipped when I heard something fall behind me, so I can kinda relate to her in a way.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Couldn't tell you what the situation is today but when I was there 'bout a decade back one thing that did stand out to me was the total absence of obese people. Was certainly a welcome change from the traditional homegrown beer bellies and newfangled Murikkan-style landwhales common 'round here.

joined May 30, 2020

The "WHY?" being the last panel had me laughing.

joined Apr 6, 2018

their faces on that panel were memeeeeeeeeeee

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

It always irks me somewhat when the translation doesn't match what's actually in the picture. Why is Mika-sensei (or Haruka-sensei, or whatever it's supposed to be), talking about a jacket when she clearly wasn't wearing one? Shouldn't that be "skirt"?

maybe she's complaining about the shirt, not the skirt. and in so doing she is drawing Yui's attention to her chest and torso. but ilke weedboner69 said:

"jaketto" (jacket) is a katakana word. I actually, on reflection, think the mangaka decided to omit the suit jacket many teachers wear and just draw the shirt.

last edited at Dec 12, 2020 1:31AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

The worst for me was Gargantia, far future post-apocalyptic with the girls still worrying about being thin for boys. Given the setting the culture should probably value women with some famine-surviving meat on them.

Actually those particular girls did have a reasons to be worrying about their weight: they were glider pilots who carried messages and small packages. Great reason to be using teen girls for that in the first place. But that's not the reason were given.

Japan is weird

Also, when Fumina gets wet, didn't she have a vest on? How was her bra visible through that?

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Couldn't tell you what the situation is today but when I was there 'bout a decade back one thing that did stand out to me was the total absence of obese people. Was certainly a welcome change from the traditional homegrown beer bellies and newfangled Murikkan-style landwhales common 'round here.

You didn't see any sumo wrestlers, then? I always assumed the rest of the population is so skinny because all the food goes to fattening them up...

joined Feb 7, 2013

Last chapter is out of order.

To reply you must either login or sign up.