Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’m kind of enjoying the call outs to the classic Girl Friends tropes (mentioned here several times before) in this one. They’re obviously very different stories, but I can hardly imagine things like this “group of stalker friends out to guard the MC from the het boy” scene are simply coincidental.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This makes me especially worried about the implications of Fujishiro taking the friends comment as “I don’t see her as someone who can be more.”

Kurokawa is coming from the angle of, “girls like me don’t deserve to be with girls like her.” If Fujishiro responds to this through distancing herself, or closing off opportunities for them to get closer, it’s going to reinforce this framework and push them even farther apart. I can already forsee a, “oh you should just go with this otaku guy that likes you, haha.” which would not only be destructive to Kurokawa by seeming like an external confirmation of the class difference between them, but she also prob wouldn’t fight back against it because she already sees it as a law of the world, a confirmation of her belief that she couldn’t get with Fujishiro.

Ah, but thanks to hearing the earlier conversation, Fujishiro luckily now knows Kurokawa's angle. Even if the friends comment left her a bit shaken, the important part of this chapter was that Fujishiro did have the chance to find out that Kurokawa still sees herself beneath her.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Ajichi pulled a sneaky on us.

I’m really glad you made this comment, because I didn’t realize how deep and specific this distortion of self-worth is. Like she’s specifically twisted around whether she can have the things she wants vs. whether “princesses” get them.

It's a great way to put it, and right to the point. Kuro's worldview is just that, she's like a big stan of Nanaki and takes it as natural that she must sacrifice herself & her desires to a "princess" like Nanaki.

This makes me especially worried about the implications of Fujishiro taking the friends comment as “I don’t see her as someone who can be more.”

Kuro meant that a fan must not get too close to the idols she support (a normal otaku rule). Nanaki prolly misunderstood that to be more than gal pals is out of the question cuz Kuro doesn't like her enough. Sad. :(

Kurokawa is coming from the angle of, “girls like me don’t deserve to be with girls like her.” If Fujishiro responds to this through distancing herself, or closing off opportunities for them to get closer, it’s going to reinforce this framework and push them even farther apart. I can already forsee a, “oh you should just go with this otaku guy that likes you, haha.” which would not only be destructive to Kurokawa by seeming like an external confirmation of the class difference between them, but she also prob wouldn’t fight back against it because she already sees it as a law of the world, a confirmation of her belief that she couldn’t get with Fujishiro.

Well from Kuro's perspective the idea that a princess would fall for her is preposterous so... yeah, if Nanaki recommends that Kuro get a boyfriend she'd likely take the advice seriously (tho with secret bitterness?) and Nanaki who surely intended it as a way to test the waters and discover Kuro's real feelings would be super disappointed.
Daaaamn and now I'm thinking you are most likely right, it's odds-on to happen...

last edited at Oct 15, 2020 2:37AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^ Well, if we're already borrowing from classics, why not add some Octave as well, right?

As said before, I doubt it'll actually go there, though.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Honestly, it's impressive that we're 27 chapters in and still at the "what is this feeling" stage.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Honestly, it's impressive that we're 27 chapters in and still at the "what is this feeling" stage.

Nobody can accuse the title of false advertising! :U

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

those bold letters.

cuts like a knife.

joined Nov 4, 2020

anyone know of when the next episode will be released?

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Why do i get so much yandere feelings from both the main characters lmao

Hj
joined May 3, 2020

Pain

joined Jun 3, 2014

Kurokawa was the one that texted Fuji right

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Dunno why, but I really wanna give Maho a RKO.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Man, the drama never ends with this one.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Ya know, I probably should have realized earlier that Miki did what she did because she was trying to impress Fujishiro. I don't think Fujishiro owes anyone an apology, but damn would I like to see everyone patch things up ;_;

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

it looks like the story si about to entering some heavy drama,,, this is too classic in romance story

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

"So if I were to be in love with someone..."
Wink wink nudge nudge

last edited at Dec 6, 2020 2:50AM

Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

Who sent her the msg? I can't keep up with all the super spaced updates.

Maho: Who knows what she's really thinking inside? Can you be sure there's no bad blood?

Inside Kurokawa: I'm so so gay for Fujishiro

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Sigh Izumi, whip out the long couch, you might need to play therapist soon.

Also, I’ve got to admit, Maho does bring up some legitimate points. She’s way off the mark when it come to Kurokawa and has all the tact of a baseball bat, but her reasoning pertaining to Miki does hold some weight. It’d definitely be off-putting to suddenly have a friend you’ve known for awhile turn around and have a seemingly total shift in personality, even if your behavior was technically in the wrong.

last edited at Dec 6, 2020 4:00AM

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

The kanji on top of the message says Kurokawa I think. But my Japanese is virtually nonexistent so I might be wrong.

Also, I’ve got to admit, Maho does bring up some legitimate points. She’s way off the mark when it come to Kurokawa and has all the tact of a baseball bat, but her reasoning pertaining to Miki does hold some weight. It’d definitely be off-putting to suddenly have a friend you’ve known for awhile turn around and have a seemingly total shift in personality, even if your behavior was technically in the wrong.

I especially like how she makes it a point that Miki was just copying Fujishiro. Based on the previous chapters, we know Miki sees Fujishiro almost like Kurokawa does so the abrupt change makes it difficult for her to realize what she and her idol were doing is wrong.

Reconcile plzzz

last edited at Dec 6, 2020 4:06AM

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

The kanji on top of the message says Kurokawa I think. But my Japanese is virtually nonexistent so I might be wrong.

Yes, you are correct. The kanji there is 黒川, Kurokawa.

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

yea, i dunno. as mentioned, miki has some points, but i feel like their reaction to fujishiro's change of heart was crazier than it should've been...i mean, if fujishiro aggressively came at them in an attempt to get them to apologize to kurokawa, i think they could see that as jarring.

but it was really just fujishiro coming out and saying im friends with her now so dont say that stuff anymore. i think that sort of shift in tone -should- be something thats easier to take in, especially if youre friends (and want to impress the person who changed), so there should be some level of understanding.

but people are different, so yea.

6f26d68ee1a36aae713ea761c5e939e5
joined Jul 18, 2017

why can't anyone just be honest in this manga holy fck so much drama for nothing

joined May 24, 2014

She can see them bubbles?!

joined Jan 23, 2017

Wow, Maho is right. I didn't even think of things from that perspective. I figured Miki's feelings for Nanaki might be more than friendship but I didn't think about her mimicking the girl and doing things to please her. Nanaki didn't intentionally kill their friendship but I can see where Maho and Miki are coming from. She changed completely one day.

To reply you must either login or sign up.