Forum › Milady Looked Extremely Troubled When Her Engagement was Annulled, so I Stepped In to Help Her discussion

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

May the god of love smile upon them

67796623_2919817304757747_5022259989704605696_n
joined Jun 2, 2019

cuteeee

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Aww... That's a sweet ending!

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Master and Maid Yuri is definitely one of my favorites, this was super cute.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Huh looked like I was wrong - this wasn't an Isekai anthology after all. That said, even with how out-of-nowhere the isekai part of the first one-shot was, I think I actually preferred that one more. There just isn't enough focus on the maid and her mistress' relationship in my opinion.

879e1565-90d1-4400-a7fb-1da72081653d
joined Jan 7, 2020

I was totally expecting her to say, "I want to do you"
Close enough.

And also, these character designs are gorgeous. They're both so pretty :')

last edited at Dec 1, 2020 1:23PM

joined Aug 11, 2014

I was all pumped up when the maid jumped in, but then she kinda just stood there? She showed guts insulting the prince to his face, but it was the king who did all the legwork on this one, and that wasn't super satisfying. Maybe the author felt that the hyper-competent maid gimmick is overplayed, but I wanted something a bit more substantial than her standing up and saying "What about this [commonly known and easily verifiable fact], huh?" when the king comes along a minute later to deliver the real kicker.

Even then, if the maid isn't here to be all-knowing and badass, give me a moment where the maid passionately extols her mistress' virtues in all the ways only a lover would recognise, or the noble lady fiercely coming to her maid's defence when the prince disregards her words as a mere servant. Something more personal between them, y'know? I can see yuri potential between them, but not much yuri energy. Wanted a bit more from it.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Huh looked like I was wrong - this wasn't an Isekai anthology after all. That said, even with how out-of-nowhere the isekai part of the first one-shot was, I think I actually preferred that one more. There just isn't enough focus on the maid and her mistress' relationship in my opinion.

I agree. The whole confrontation scene in the court is something that I've seen more than a dozen times by now, right down to the dialogue, characterizations and even the general aesthetic of the place, and it's worth mentioning that I don't even read all that many otome isekais in the first place. They've put so much effort into reconstructing a clichéd situation, devoted so much time to a melodramatic confrontation that gives some arrogant blowhard more dialogue than both our leads combined in what is ostensibly a yuri anthology, and traded in every chance to actually develop the relationship in order to flesh out a mystery that we know can only be resolved in one way. It's like you got a hundred million pounds to make a show about gay British nobles, and then did a shot-for-shot remake of The Crown before having two girls hug each other in the final episode. I love the art and the intensity of expressions, but this entire story felt like a bunch of exposition pages that I had to rifle through to get to the point, except for the fact that they're supposed to be the be-all and end-all. Honestly disappointing, especially since the maid angle was new and much more interesting than listening to Generic Talkative Royal Asshole #592 throw a tantrum.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

LOL worst assassin ever. "H-How did you...!" she says when accused.

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

That was nice

joined Jun 12, 2015

Wow, that was bad. Like reading a fragment of a bigger story, out of context.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I like the different takes on a single theme. Like a sonnet or haiku, obey the forms, but within those strictures you have freedom to do anything you want.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Gotta agree with these sentiments, there was too much attention put on showing that one above-and-beyond stupid asshole screwing himself over in minute detail for no particular reason.
It reads basically like one of those bad self-insert fanfics that are just contrived cliches where the writer throws in their high school bullies into being the worst assholes ever and receiving their comeuppance for it.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Isn’t this the beginning basically a frame for frame copy of the start of the magical daughter revolution or whatever manga

last edited at Dec 1, 2020 4:20PM

joined Jul 8, 2019

I was all pumped up when the maid jumped in, but then she kinda just stood there? She showed guts insulting the prince to his face, but it was the king who did all the legwork on this one

And exactly how else this situation could have been solved favorably? The "lowly maid"'s only card was to bring the blatant falseness of the accusations to someone in power to take action about them; and about the only one person with such power over a bratty crown prince was the king itself. The king could or couldn't have done something about the issue without the maid's actions, but those actions basically forced his hand into taking such action. Better written than... basically about every single other thing of this particular story, which is otherwise not very good, sadly.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well the King certainly has ample reason to be annoyed seeing as how his heir presumptive is very publicly making an absolute fool out of himself even before his accusations get systematically demolished. That sort of thing both reflects poorly on the prestige and credibility of the dynasty and raises alarming questions over his fitness to eventually assume the throne.

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

Nice but a wish this authors try to twist this thematic, cause at this point we can already see the same excecution with minor changes. Still very good art and expresions.

Images
joined Jun 11, 2020

Isn’t this the beginning basically a frame for frame copy of the start of the magical daughter revolution or whatever manga

of insert villainess in a otome game type of manga

last edited at Dec 1, 2020 4:52PM

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Amazing art! Can't say anything other than that though.

joined Aug 11, 2014

And exactly how else this situation could have been solved favorably?

Edit: Misread your point. It makes sense that the king is the one who brings down the gavel, sure, but he didn't need to be the one who laid out the prince's idiocy or exposed the other girl as being an assassin. The maid would have been much better served as the one explaining all that stuff, having uncovered all the facts and made all the preparations for this exact moment, so the king has no choice but to punish his own son. That way, it shows how much work the maid has done behind the scenes to protect her mistress, and also gives her way more lines to express the emotional bond they ostensibly share, instead of relegating that to a few pages at the end.

last edited at Dec 1, 2020 5:33PM

joined Jun 30, 2016

Eat shit prince! glad for the happy ending!

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

That's the most unprofessional assassin I've ever seen...

"Are you an assassin?"

"How did you kno-I mean......... No?"

last edited at Dec 1, 2020 7:18PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

That's the most unprofessional assassin I've ever seen...

"Are you an assassin?"

"How did you kno-I mean......... No?"

TBF she's not exactly professional but just some minor noble chick who can get close to the Prince because he wants to get into her pants.

Real shitty liar tho, which is less of a survival trait in those circles in general.

OFC I'm not really seeing why her faction would even want to off the guy in the first place because he has "easily manipulated figurehead" written all over his idiot face...

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Hell Yeah

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I really liked this art tbh

To reply you must either login or sign up.