Forum › Citrus + discussion

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Harumatsu banzai! +2

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

New version is uploaded on mangadex for now, dynasty later, I've already send the files to an uploader

I talked it over with my translator,there was a misunderstanding in some panels ,so she reviewed the translation and a new version will be uploaded soon enough when an uploader is not busy to do so. sorry for the rush , we were just hyped to release

Hey don't worry about it sadhomu82 we all make mistakes some times, besides with what was happening in this chapter anybody would be hyped up.

last edited at Nov 20, 2020 7:26AM

joined Dec 26, 2014

I talked it over with my translator,there was a misunderstanding in some panels ,so she reviewed the translation and a new version will be uploaded soon enough when an uploader is not busy to do so. sorry for the rush , we were just hyped to release

Hey don't worry about it sadhomu82 we all make mistakes some times, besides with what was happening in this chapter anybody would be hyped up.

HARUMATSU BANZAI

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Thanks for making the effort to clarify the text--and thanks for all your work.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

To me I think Matsuri is the most mature character in the series, she portrays herself as the immature imouto character, but Matsuri is also the most jaded character, unlike the others she’s seen the darkest and most depraved of human desires from her ‘part-time job’.

Always has been. She was probably the most reasonable character in the main serie and ironically always criticize the bad decisions and poiting the absurdity like Mei keeping the ring even though she know about her fiancé. that's why she always has been my favorite.

353310-my_neighbor_totoro-totoro-studio_ghibli-anime-748x598
joined Jul 16, 2013

Random question but why do you guys think Matsuri is always so formal with Harumi ? She has never called her by her frst name unlike her other senpais. I kind of like it cos it means their bond is special.
I wonder if she will call her Harumi anytime soon

joined Jul 26, 2016

Random question but why do you guys think Matsuri is always so formal with Harumi ? She has never called her by her frst name unlike her other senpais. I kind of like it cos it means their bond is special.

More because all the weird tension between those two. Neither of them tends to act all that "natural" around each other.

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

It's for sure not a pairing I care for. Just feels like "hey, we need another pairing, let's just force these two togther because they spent some time together."

joined Jun 21, 2018

It was only a matter of time. Let's see where this goes.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Just feels like "hey, we need another pairing, let's just force these two togther because they spent some time together."

That's how HaruYuzu shippers come off to me at times.

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

AAAAYYYYYYYYYY! THAT KISS FROM MATSURI MADE ME HAPPY!!! HAHAHAHAAH

joined Dec 26, 2014

new version just been uploaded here too,hope makes everything clearer now

Thank you for your hard work.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Oh yeah, I forgot Matsuri was an edgelord child prostitute. Did that get retconned? The series hit the breaks on the edginess after the forced/extortion prostitution setup

For the record, I love Citrus and all the characters. Even Mei. Stop hating Mei.

last edited at Nov 20, 2020 6:40PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh yeah, I forgot Matsuri was an edgelord child prostitute. Did that get retconned? The series hit the breaks on the edginess after the forced/extortion prostitution setup

For the record, I love Citrus and all the characters. Even Mei. Stop hating Mei.

I liked old Mei--the Mei-bot, not so much.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Which Mei is that? She isn't really in book 10, and she's super expressive in book 8. Or is it just a feature of Citrus+? Book 9 is pretty clutch too. I vaguely remember your concerns at the time, but was that just from waiting on the serialization? 'Cause I noticed serializations and comment sections drastically alter the reading experience.

last edited at Nov 20, 2020 7:25PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

sadhomu82 posted:

Any excuse for me to read this chapter again is welcome! hahahaha and yeah it helps!

joined Dec 13, 2015

HELL YEAH FINALLY!
After waiting for so looong YESSSSSSS

joined Nov 20, 2020

YESSSS, FINALLY!
I've been waiting for them to kiss since the chapter when Matsuri mentioned seeing Harumin's crack in her armour and how she'll be keeping an eye on her.

Man, I'm getting spoiled this week with all the mangas and webcomics I read.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Which Mei is that? She isn't really in book 10, and she's super expressive in book 8. Or is it just a feature of Citrus+? Book 9 is pretty clutch too. I vaguely remember your concerns at the time, but was that just from waiting on the serialization? 'Cause I noticed serializations and comment sections drastically alter the reading experience.

No, I liked the Mei after she got over her assaultive phase and before she turned into a mute quivering nun--around about Chapter 24 of the original series. She was confident about her public persona, sexy, and brave. I wanted to see that Mei open up to Yuzu and the two of them go forward together, learning about each other and about themselves.

I certainly did not expect to see Mei, lo! these many chapters later, still using her teddy bear as her intimacy surrogate, or her being so repressed and tongue-tied that she would need to enlist Harumin as a go-between for communication with the person she sleeps with every night.

No, I liked the Mei after she got over her assaultive phase and before she turned into a mute quivering nun--around about Chapter 24 of the original series. She was confident about her public persona, sexy, and brave. I wanted to see that Mei open up to Yuzu and the two of them go forward together, learning about each other and about themselves.

I certainly did not expect to see Mei, lo! these many chapters later, still using her teddy bear as her intimacy surrogate, or her being so repressed and tongue-tied that she would need to enlist Harumin as a go-between for communication with the person she sleeps with every night.

Student Council Arc Mei would slap the shit outta extra "...." Citrus+ Mei.
Also I 100% agree with ya, it made me sad to see my girl get her character nerfed.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

FINALLY! This is what I've been waiting for since this sequel series started. It's definitely just the beginning, though. I sense a rocky road ahead...

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

A lot of people seem to feel that Mei got nerfed after the election arc. While I can understand that, I personally disagree. The way I see it, after the election arc is when Mei truly began to open up to Yuzu, but as she said in chapter 26, she doesn't know how to handle those feelings. She did start becoming demure from vulome 8-10, but that was because of the guilt she felt for going through with her arranged marriage.

Now, in Citrus+, we are seeing Mei start to act like her confident old self again, like when she told off her father for trying to give relationship advice, standing up to the academy board and declaring herself the first chairwoman, pushing over Yuzu to reveal her bruise, and shooting down Sayaka's attempts to criticize her changes to the school policies. of course, she still has moments of emotional vulnerability, like when she asked Harumin to help Yuzu because she understands her better. I believe Saburouta has found the perfect balance between Confident Mei and Vulnerable Mei with Citrus+, and I find this version of her to be both compelling and adorable.

But to each their own, of course. I know some people who claim to love Citrus but still hate Mei all across the board.

joined Oct 21, 2020

More because all the weird tension between those two. Neither of them tends to act all that "natural" around each other.

While this is purely just my own inferred opinion, but I think it's probably because she knows Harumin doesn't really like her, and to portray the 'distance' between them to keep Harumin comfortable. In Japanese she uses polite speech to speak to Harumin, sure she drags an intonation or two, but the sentence structure and format falls within Japanese Keigo. Usually you use formal speech with people who are older than you, unless you are close friends. Matsuri is aware that Harumin doesn't like her, and so keigo is her way of keeping the distance between them comfortable.

Honestly if Matsuri were to suddenly break into casual speech patterns with Harumin, Harumin would probably be like "Geh! Why are you speaking so casually to me! -Sigh- well it's fine I guess..." I think in this case it's also more for her own sake. Matsuri has feelings for Harumin, has since vol 3, and has been constantly bugging and pestering Harumin but staying within Harumin's 'safe zone'. Keigo might be her own version of 'self defense mechanism' against going overboard and have Harumin pull away. Although if they do get closer and Harumin makes a comment like 'it feel kinda lonely that I'm the only one you're still so polite with' we might see some changes... Though Matsuri would probably stick to 'senpai' and we all know Harumin secretly likes being called senpai by Matsuri, despite trying to show otherwise.

Also, this is purely my own fantasy but I think that Matsuri will continue calling Harumin 'Taniguchi senpai' when they're in public and with their friends, and only switch to calling her "Harumi" in private. First name, not nickname, no honorifics.

last edited at Nov 20, 2020 11:47PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.