Forum › Citrus + discussion

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

FINALLLYYYYYYYYY!!

YEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

last edited at Nov 19, 2020 7:32PM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Did the translator in mangadex change?

yes we had another translator this time due to our main translator being busy
we upload the same chapter in both sites,what do you mean mangadex?

Er... I read this in Mangadex before reading it here.

joined May 30, 2015

HARUMATSU FINALLYYYYYYY!!!! I CAN DIE HAPPY NOW!!!!

Well, I still want a full fleshed out romance arc for harumin x matsuri.... so I hope they get more of a consistent storyline after this :'0

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I mean, are her parents in good terms or what?

Yes, this felt like “high-context” culture with a vengeance.

It’s clearly the standard “missing overworked parents” trope with I guess a side helping of “estranged but working on it.” (And Matsuri as Substitute Mom for little bro, of course).

Does anyone in this series actually have a live-at-home Mom and Dad that we know of? (Not counting Shirapon’s yakuza clan, I mean.)

(I personally don’t find much to care about Harumin one way or the other, and Matsuri was more interesting to me when she was a straight-up sociopath.)

last edited at Nov 19, 2020 7:46PM

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

And was it any different??

They ain't officially gay yet that's to be seen, more on Harumin's side than Matsuri's. I hope we'll get more of them together cuz as of rn to me it doesn't feel like much of anything seeing them kiss since it kinda feels like the author was like "damn y'all been wantin this for years, here just fuckin take it". But I did like how they made eachother blush with the words they said to eachother, that was nice. Also does it really matter if they're all gay or whatever? Don't they go to an all girls school where most be doin gay shit be it for real or not?

20220104_023724
joined Feb 11, 2013

Was that a kiss with tongue?! O.O how bold

Screenshot_2021-03-25-02-57-39-917
joined Feb 17, 2019

pain

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

And was it any different??

No. That's why I asked If they changed the translator there. I thought you took this chapter from there

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Hm...Can't say I understood everything, but yay for more yuri.

Same. Not really sure what the drama is.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Guys how can you say it's sailed? We're still not sure. The kiss was meh
The more I read Citrus and the more I'm disappointed

last edited at Nov 19, 2020 10:51PM

joined Oct 21, 2020

Am I the only one finding the dialogue in this chapter rather odd?

Which part?

If you mean the scene on the bridge I can say that yes, it’s translated a bit oddly. But even in Japanese, the phrasing was a bit weird cuz of the way Harumin usually speaks.

So here’s my take:

“You might be someone who must never screw up”
“But if you’re going to hide that”
“Then no one is going to notice when you’re fed up with it all”
“So learn to love “that part of yourself” as well”

This is the closest I could get without breaking the momentum of that scene...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

twizbuck posted:

Hm...Can't say I understood everything, but yay for more yuri.

Same. Not really sure what the drama is.

Well some long time ago some people thought that Harumin was "too good" for Matsuri so maybe they're salty, but that's just my wild guess...
I'm hoping they develop this relationship carefully because that, to me it would be like Citrus 2 hehehe, a complete new dynamic.

@Erogequeen thanks for your take on that scene, it helps, I don't think the original translation was wrong, it was just a hard subject and I'm not a native English speaker so some stuff can be taken too literally or vice versa.

last edited at Nov 19, 2020 11:13PM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

HARUMATSU FINALLYYYYYYY!!!! I CAN DIE HAPPY NOW!!!!

Well, I still want a full fleshed out romance arc for harumin x matsuri.... so I hope they get more of a consistent storyline after this :'0

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_absurd_relationship_ch08#last

Are you ready for 10 chapters of kiss angst?

joined Oct 21, 2020

Damn, I was so impatient I preordered and downloaded the kindle magazine exactly at 12midnight 18th Nov. When the room scene happened I was like.... oh well that’s probably the closest we’ll get to MatsuHaru this time I guess. Bridge scene at the “Senpai!” Right before I flipped the page I was thinking “nah Matsuri’s prolly only called her to stop her to tell her something no way—flips page— HOLY SHIIIIIIIIT” And now I’m back to fight me irl with anyone who’s willing argue against this ship.

It’s been a LONG TIME COMING. The stage for HaruMatsu has been set since Vol 3 special in the original story. They were always eventually gonna get together it’s just how fast or slow... and I am REALLY GLAD that Saburouta took her time with this.

And yes that special in Vol3 with Matsuri meeting Harumin is 100% cannon. Not just a random omake added. At the end of Chapter 13 when Harumin has flashbacks before she grabs her phone and calls Yuzu, the square bubbles have been SEVERELY MISTRANSLATED and it's actually word for word from what Matsuri says to Harumin in Vol 3 special.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

And yes that special in Vol3 with Matsuri meeting Harumin is 100% cannon. Not just a random omake added. At the end of Chapter 13 when Harumin has flashbacks before she grabs her phone and calls Yuzu, the square bubbles have been SEVERELY MISTRANSLATED and it's actually word for word from what Matsuri says to Harumin in Vol 3 special.

Rather than chapter 13, you mean here?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_june_30th#27

And here?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_vol_3_special#7

Yeah, it's not very clear that it's a flashback here

last edited at Nov 19, 2020 11:38PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Eroge went into detail about that a few pages ago, showing that the text is the same in the Japanese versions of the two chapters.

In 30th June the last few panels where Harumin remembers Matsuri saying "all prez does is magically solve things from afar..." is actually a mistranslation. This scene is Harumin remembering Matsuri's words in that scene from June 21st "People who've only used magic to heal from a distance..." and is actually a jab at Harumin, and while it's not the whole reason, it ends up being one of the reasons it propelled her to be the one to visit Matsuri instead of leaving it to Yuzu and sitting on the sidelines as usual.

In other words, the first time Harumin has decided of her own will to get involved in something
'troublesome and Matsuri related'.

June 30th

From June 21st Scene

June 30th:

Citrus Vol 3 Special

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I have to admit I find it strange to find people in a yuri focused site be against more official gay girls in a manga.

I know everyone has their own tastes for the yuri genre, but I agree. I've read similar criticisms of some of Ratana Satis' works - I personally like escaping to a lovely world stuffed with official gay girls.

I'm still think that's one of the many flow of Lily Love 2 tho

like seriously do you think anyone cares about the plot at this point? harumastu is finally canon LOL

Like i said, Saburouta throwing HaruMatsu so those who demand it are happy and stop bothering with it. I don't really know how i feel about his kind of comment.

Rsz_1screenshot_2021-08-18_at_11-24-04_the_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_fr%c3%a9d%c3%a9rica_miyamoto_shiki_ichinose_%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc_-_pixiv
joined Apr 25, 2018

More yuri is always good.

005ejqrjgy1fzoq9y1j6fj319c1sw7sj-
joined Jul 6, 2018

I agree, all extras included in main and spinoff are canon.
I've been waiting for so long to see Harumatsu on action and I'm so glad it's slowly sailing. I know some fans don't like Matsuri and that Harumin deserves better but Harumin is still the most mature character and knows Matsuri the most. So Harumatsu banzai!

joined Oct 21, 2020

I know some fans don't like Matsuri and that Harumin deserves better but Harumin is still the most mature character and knows Matsuri the most. So Harumatsu banzai!

You would think so right? But more fans like Matsuri more than Harumin. Lol
(At least the fans I know and the Japanese fandom)

To me I think Matsuri is the most mature character in the series, she portrays herself as the immature imouto character, but Matsuri is also the most jaded character, unlike the others she’s seen the darkest and most depraved of human desires from her ‘part-time job’. Not to forget she has been taking care of Inori practically since he was born, a responsible older sister.

On the other hand, Harumin just doesn’t want to get involved in anything troublesome that will disrupt her peaceful life. But recently she can’t help but be concerned about Matsuri*

*Harumi’s character synopsis from the cover of Chapter 14

last edited at Nov 20, 2020 1:11AM

joined Jul 25, 2020

Was that a kiss with tongue?! O.O how bold

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nice! :D

joined Dec 5, 2019

Harumin is so damn hot

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

I talked it over with my translator,there was a misunderstanding in some panels ,so she reviewed the translation and a new version will be uploaded soon enough when an uploader is not busy to do so. sorry for the rush , we were just hyped to release

To reply you must either login or sign up.