Forum › Posts by Nyan

353310-my_neighbor_totoro-totoro-studio_ghibli-anime-748x598
joined Jul 16, 2013

I'm only reading this for Aki x Shiho. I can't wait to see them having an honest talk.

Nyan
Citrus + discussion 03 Apr 09:54
joined Jul 16, 2013

Harumin x Matsuri is the only reason why I keep reading Citrus

Same ! I really hope we will have more chapters focused on their relationship soon

joined Jul 16, 2013

That looks promising ! I'm ready for the angst

Nyan
Citrus + discussion 21 Nov 08:37
joined Jul 16, 2013

I think the previous version of the translation made more sense...
Pg 00109 “Matsuri, are you saying that because you’re worried about me”

This line is NOT SPOKEN BY HARUMIN! It’s spoken from Matsuri to Harumin. Seriously the translators aren’t new are they? They should have understood the speech patterns of each of the characters and gotten them down pat by now... Harumin refers to herself as ‘Atashi (あたし)’ Matsuri refers to herself as ‘Watashi (私)’ The line here in Japanese is ‘それは私を心配しての言葉なのか’ this is a Matsuri line. This bubble the next bubble and the following conjoined bubbles are spoken as as one line.

To be honest there’s a few more minor ones in between, especially the bridge scene which I mentioned earlier cuz everyone who’s translating it translates it as though Harumin is reprimanding Matsuri “go on loving ‘that part of yourself’” when it’s actually Harumin telling Matsuri that she needs to learn to love that part of herself that she’s hiding away so desperately to make sure no one sees through her facade.

THANK YOU ! I love reading your comments about HaruMatsu and your translation seems so on point.
I was really confused with the new version of this chapter because yeah it doesn't make any sense that Harumi is the one asking ''Are you saying that because you’re worried about me?'' and the conversation seemed really...disconnected ?
Thanks to you, this dialogue makes more sense.
Tbf this chapter seemed really hard to translate so I don't blame Chaosteam and I'm really grateful for their work.

Nyan
Citrus + discussion 20 Nov 08:40
joined Jul 16, 2013

Random question but why do you guys think Matsuri is always so formal with Harumi ? She has never called her by her frst name unlike her other senpais. I kind of like it cos it means their bond is special.
I wonder if she will call her Harumi anytime soon

Nyan
Citrus + discussion 19 Nov 16:26
joined Jul 16, 2013

Am I the only one finding the dialogue in this chapter rather odd?

No, you're not the only one; I did too. I had to reread a few panels.

Yeah it's actually a bit difficult to follow for some reason. I reread it so many times but it still feels a bit weird.
Anyway my ship is finally sailing and I can die happy

Nyan
Citrus + discussion 17 Nov 15:47
joined Jul 16, 2013

+ch15 raw's are out Enjoy yourselves.

Thank you so much !

This chapter made me so happy even if I didnt understand a word haha

Nyan
Citrus + discussion 23 Oct 11:19
joined Jul 16, 2013

Also, this is actually VERY VERY MUCH lost in translation. But Matsuri speaks to Harumin ONLY in keigo (Japanese polite speech). True that she uses it very casually and lightly dragging her intonations with "de-su" and "ma-su". With everyone else, Yuzu, Mei, Nene, she switches between casual and polite speech. But she has never once used casual speech when talking directly with Harumin, even when she's furious or throwing a tantrum, not even if it's only the two of them alone together. Harumin is also the only person she has never referred to by first name or nickname in the presence of others. Only EVER referring her "Taniguchi senpai" or "senpai", or the ever occassional "boobs" ONLY when they're alone and she's trying to poke at Harumin. Even then despite how long they've known each other compared to other side characters, she's NEVER once referred to Harumi by her first name nor by only her last name without honorifics (which I have seen in the translations and this can be interpreted as 'casual speech')

It's these small things that have made me give up on reading scans other than to compare translations or to explain to my friends the actual meaning of the scene in Japanese. Cuz so much stuff is just lost in translation and it's just really sad that the translators are unable to replicate the nuances or at least something close to the original Japanese raws.

Wow thank you for clearing things up ! Im shipping these two even harder than before haha
Hope you will be around for the next chapter !

joined Jul 16, 2013

The raws are up to chapter 61. I hope we can get a translation soon because there's a lot of Nadeshiko / secret gf content

Nyan
Partners discussion 29 Aug 14:59
joined Jul 16, 2013

Cute ^^

Saburouta is the best!

joined Jul 16, 2013

I think sevenqt is a die hard mihodeshiko fan.

Lol you're totally right
It will be really funny if it's not Miho

joined Jul 16, 2013

Yes I agree but it doesn't mean that it's not Megumi..Well, let's say that the 3 girls have equal chances to be Nadeshiko's gf, Anyway,we'll discover it sooner or later

joined Jul 16, 2013

sevenqt :You know that we can have our own opinion, right? We don't have to agree with everything you say...

joined Jul 16, 2013

I just read your explanation and it's hard to admit but you're probably right, BUT I'm still hopeful! :) We won't know for sure until it's explicitly stated who is Nadeshiko's gf in the manga

joined Jul 16, 2013

yep...

joined Jul 16, 2013

You better get ready then.

But why?

Because I prefer Megumi lol I just can't imagine Nadeshiko with Miho ><

joined Jul 16, 2013

I'll be sooooooo disappointed if Miho is Nadeshiko's gf...

joined Jul 16, 2013

Oh lord why the hell did I read that?...

joined Jul 16, 2013

Love Hanako <3

(I don't know why but to me it's obvious that Nadeshiko's girlfriend is Megumi (hopefully I'm right ^^))