Forum › Come Rain or Shine discussion

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

According the twitter of Arata Iri, the next chapter is likely about a certain student-teacher couple.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

According the twitter of Arata Iri, the next chapter is likely about a certain student-teacher couple.

Ah god, i know we need to know about Sensei and if she really like Tsubaki or if it's just because she is the roomate of Nekozaki but come on, we also need some time for our MC.

last edited at Nov 15, 2020 12:01PM

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

talk about a complete 180, I thought that the side characters would be nobodies who'll get in the way of the MCs but now they are my favourite characters and the only one getting in the way of the MC and nekozaki is MC and nekozaki

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

I was able to see the last chapter. As expected, it is about Tsubaki and the teacher. I couldn't understand much but :

They have been in a relationship since Tsubaki is in middle-school,
The teacher played the role of a model adult at first, but has become a "shitty teacher" to allow Tsubaki to relax.

last edited at Dec 2, 2020 5:44PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Spoiler is == on both sides.

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

I'm relieved to see that the teacher and Tsubaki have been at it for a while. I kinda thought it was recent and that the teacher just hooked up with her to get info on Nekozaki or something.

last edited at Dec 8, 2020 12:16AM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

This is an interesting twist on the useless teacher x proactive student dynamic, to be sure. Both seem aware of the fundamental dynamic and the roles they need to play, but also act to invert them now and again to balance the relationship, and this intertwining of cozy reliability and pleasant unpredictability allows them to adapt to a huge variety of situations. Iri's really mastered the art of writing compact, fascinating side romances- most of these segments would be every bit as entertaining even as individual oneshots.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Was totally ready to type a snarky comment about this being a grooming relationship, then got wrecked by page 13.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm relieved to see that the teacher and Tsubaki have been at it for a while. I kinda thought it was recent and that the teacher just hooked up with her to get info on Nekozaki or something.

"It's so much better that this teacher-student relationship started in middle school!"

:p

joined Jan 14, 2020

Also I'm with Nekozaki. Bring the cold.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I also thought the professor was only dating her for the info, so I guess it was just a happy coincidence for her that her girlfriend happened to be roommates with her target or whatever... unless she was manipulating things the entire time to make sure they became roommates and friends and all haha

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Nice. Now I have no problems loving this couple. If only the MAIN COUPLE would have some development (ಥ﹏ಥ)

75008_alt5
joined Feb 17, 2019

Man I love this series.

joined Apr 29, 2018

i tried to read this but it became so much crapy drama it doesn't even stand to the old serie. Seriously? THIS is how it got rebooted? to remove this lighthearted atmosphere and add useless drama while removing all the fun?how to ruin a cute serie.

last edited at Dec 8, 2020 10:08AM

Nekohito Gensuke
joined Jun 3, 2020

IMHO romance Manga should contain drama as well as comedy, because that's how romance happens irl as well. You'd never have a perfect fun relationship with anyone right from the beginning - there'll always be setbacks and then again victories. So I really appreciate the little twists and also the somewhat despicable teacher. I also hope that things won't become too cozy soon. Sure Miko and Nekozaki must have their happy end, but please, not to soon. Because right now that story is really thrilling and want to know everything about Nekozaki's past and as well as to read more about the side plots. Can it be true? Is Nekozaki really a murderer? And if so, what will Miko have to say about it? I get the goosebumps just imagining it.

joined Apr 29, 2018

if you want real life drama why are you reading a WORK of FICTION? this started as comedy and unrealistic. the bullshit with nekozaki being a murderer is completly disgusting AND stupid. why would anyone root for a murderer?this is a complete turn off. why add such stupid drama when the original worked perfectly well without that?the suicide attempt was completly ridiculous and pointless. it was a cool comedy only waiting to add a bit of romance and there we have... this crap reboot.

last edited at Dec 8, 2020 11:47AM

joined Apr 29, 2018

well it's MY fault for reading it even after seeing how lame the first chapter was.

last edited at Dec 8, 2020 11:50AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nekohito Gensuke posted:

IMHO romance Manga should contain drama as well as comedy, because that's how romance happens irl as well.

Yes, but that doesn't mean it has to be something big. You can add small, low stake conflicts as well. That's how most slice of life or 4koma works.

ypassionnate posted:

if you want real life drama why are you reading a WORK of FICTION? this started as comedy and unrealistic.

I'm not sure you know how fiction works.

the bullshit with nekozaki being a murderer is completly disgusting AND stupid. why would anyone root for a murderer?

Well it depends a lot on circumstances and person in question. It can be perfectly reasonable to root for murderer.

last edited at Dec 8, 2020 2:40PM

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Well, first of all, there is quite some differences between "real life drama" and "drama exists, kind of like in real life", let's not lump them both together. Secondly, while purely comedic romcoms exist, they tend to go stale after a while for being kind of monotone, no matter how cheery the tone is, so if the author wants to add flavours and/or make the story have a little more complexity, it's their choice to make it that way, especially when they have the chance to expand (as opposed to getting axed or the magazine where the story was being published having problem or getting cancelled itself). Feel free to move on if it's not to your taste.

Arata Iri-sensei has always been about chaotic comedy, and now that she wants to take advantage of the reboot to add some more crazy elements to the story, I'm all for it, since so far this series is going well imo, and I'm intrigued in how it would turn out. (and the art being more polished than the first run is a big plus)

why would anyone root for a murderer?

Are you new to fictional works (and manga in particular) or something?

last edited at Dec 8, 2020 1:01PM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

if you want real life drama why are you reading a WORK of FICTION? this started as comedy and unrealistic. the bullshit with nekozaki being a murderer is completly disgusting AND stupid.

I don't know what kind of drug this person is on, but keep it away from me. YIKES.

joined Apr 29, 2018

like i said it's my fault when i saw the first chapter was garbage i should have droped it there insead of waiting for it to get better. this isn't even a reboot it's a complete different thing but toped with crappy drama minus the good things the first version had. and even in a manga i won't root for a murderer. this should have stayed were it belonged: horror manga.and not beeing on a murderer's side doesn't mean you know nothing about manga! or maybe there is a rule saying i should be rooting for murderers as long as it is the main character ? because i've never heard of it.

last edited at Dec 8, 2020 2:19PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Different people like different things. I'm glad we sorted this one out. Probably not a topic which demands much further attention than that.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

and even in a manga i won't root for a murderer.

Who said she is a murderer anyway ? Her and her only, at the time there is no actual proof she actually kill her father, it could be just a figure of speech or she just feel guilty about her father's death and blame it on her. It's really to early to call a murderer.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Like others have said, this chapter was REALLY needed, because the nature of their relationship seemed really sketchy, like she was being totally used by some kind of detective or spy but now that we can see where they came from and the depth of their love (at least from Tsubaki's pov).

Also also also I love how this mangaka makes character look sooooooooo in love, like they're about to burst, this time, Tsubaki is making my chest go doki doki so hard

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Well personally when i heard it was another chapter on a side pair, i was like "oh for the love of god" then i saw it was an end of volume extra so i was like " oh ok. That's nice".I'm not really invest in the pair (or the side pair in this manga in general) but at least we had confirmation she isn't with Tsubaki just because of Nekozaki. That's said, nobody said she didn't make Tsubaki and Nekozaki roommates to have insiders.

To reply you must either login or sign up.