Forum › Love and Lifespan discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don’t think the girl would commit suicide (or even get into an accident)—I think it’s a literalization of the old, “If my crush rejects my confession now that I’ve gotten up the courage to confess, I’ll just DIE!” trope.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Hanging the responsibility of your life over someone's head like that is kinda... kinda messed up...
I definitely know people who have threatened suicide after being rejected before, it is decidedly not a cute situation.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hanging the responsibility of your life over someone's head like that is kinda... kinda messed up...
I definitely know people who have threatened suicide after being rejected before, it is decidedly not a cute situation.

The girl doesn't say anything about dying until after her confession is accepted.

You people reading this so realistically do realize that people can't really see other people's life-clocks counting down, right?

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

What a sweetie. She wanted to be kind, and now they both win.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I'm guessing that the girl having barely a day left before dying is probably because her implied clumsiness is destined to put her in a position where she gets accidentally killed by that time, whether from falling down a flight the stairs and breaking her neck or getting run over by a car. Kotobuki accepting her confession would logically imply that she would have some sort of effect on the girl's routine that averts that deadly event (could be as "simple" as the girl not being at that location entirely, or could be that Kotobuki in the right time and place to save the girl's life).

Furthermore, by the girl's line after the confession, I suspect that had she been rejected, she would've been driven into such a deep grief that she might have outright died from it within mere hours or even minutes (i.e. the clock would've abruptly run down by several hours in the span of seconds); as clumsy as she seems to be, it wouldn't be implausible that the rejection-induced despair would put her in such a daze that she'd quickly find herself absent-mindedly walking straight into the path of a speeding car and getting fatally hit.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

as clumsy as she seems to be, it wouldn't be implausible that the rejection-induced despair would put her in such a daze that she'd quickly find herself absent-mindedly walking straight into the path of a speeding car and getting fatally hit.

Since this seems to take place on the Planet of the Tropes, surely you mean truck-kun.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

That is a ridiculous amount of ear piercings. I'm into it, but I'd sure like to know the background there.

Thanks /u/.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

The elder on the 1st page said "You're a lifesaver~" What a prophet.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

I thought it meant she may have been wrong about her powers. Maybe she isn't seeing the numbers of the exact time someone will die, but she's seeing the numbers of when people think they might die.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

The girl doesn't say anything about dying until after her confession is accepted.

You people reading this so realistically do realize that people can't really see other people's life-clocks counting down, right?

Well yeah, I can't exactly blame the poor girl for not knowing that the other girl sees magic death clocks everywhere (so no one really threatened suicide in this scenario), but the implication stays, a breakup for any reason would be a rather heartwrenching thing to consider.

But if we were to go and overanalyze this silly concept further, I think it's worse that now the girl has a proof that her actions in reaction to seeing the clocks actually matter. So now it's easier to blame yourself for deaths of other people since you could theoretically prevent it...

... so yeah, maybe it's way better to just take that silly concept at face value and move on :P

last edited at Nov 2, 2020 4:13PM

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

More yuri couples = More long life gurls

Yuri will dominate the world ;p

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yeah, saw that ending coming just based on her powers and the title, didn't expect quite that many hearts, though. :D

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

"Please take responsibility for this life you've created inside me"

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

"Please take responsibility for this life you've created inside me"

Thats what She said

Nekopop%20avatar%20resized
joined Aug 12, 2020

It's hard not to think of Death Note after reading this. However, the idea of seeing a person's death timer above their heads is too freaking cool not to explore in other stories, originality be damned.

But if we were to go and overanalyze this silly concept further, I think it's worse that now the girl has a proof that her actions in reaction to seeing the clocks actually matter. So now it's easier to blame yourself for deaths of other people since you could theoretically prevent it...

This is a great reason for the author to give us sequels! Let's go! There are so many ways this story can play out, I really want more.

joined Apr 6, 2018

ah- YAB

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Her design is too good for a mere oneshot

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I don’t think the girl would commit suicide (or even get into an accident)—I think it’s a literalization of the old, “If my crush rejects my confession now that I’ve gotten up the courage to confess, I’ll just DIE!” trope.

lmao that's what I got from it too. Like a literal heartbreak.

Pooooog103139
joined Nov 12, 2020

she just said she was gonna rope if you didn't say yes in such an elegant animu gril voice right there lol

Ak12-an94
joined Mar 10, 2018

WAIT A MINUTE; SO THAT'S HOW IT WORKS?!?! XDDD

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

the lighthearted version of Liar Satsuki

Also, it might just be phrasing/translation, but maybe the time limit the mc sees it's a perception of when the individual will die? The grandma at the start knows she's getting old/is expecting a natural death so her time limit is probably true to when she's actually gonna die. The love interest thinks she'll die from being rejected, but she wasn't, therefore her perception of when she will changed.

last edited at Nov 2, 2022 9:41AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.