Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Because there is more peoples like BD than you think.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Be careful--Bugdevil might possess your account & start posting again!

Unpopular opinion: I kinda miss 'em.

I most certainly don't. Guy was like Ratbert debunking the Big Bang.

Who what now?

Ratbert is a character in the Dilbert comic. It is generally accepted that Ratbert is the dumbest, stupidest character in the series. One time, Dilbert tried to explain the Big Bang in simple terms that even a pinhead like Ratbert would understand. It went like this:

Dilbert: "The Big Bang theory says that all the energy in space was originally jammed into a supercompressed speck the size of a tennis ball. Then this extremely dense point exploded, producing matter and propelling it outward to create the ever-expanding universe as we know it now."
Ratbert: "And why, pray tell, would there be a TENNIS BALL, of all things, in outer space?"
Dilbert: "Um... there wasn't."
Ratbert: "Haw haw! Talk about a FATAL FLAW, huh? Haw haw! It sure didn't take long to debunk your idiotic crackpot theory!"

This is more or less how that guy BugD. debated, always. Even if he didn't know the first thing about the matter in discussion, he would pick random words in other posts, juggle them, make a meaningless word salad and send it calling it a reply... and at the same time he'd insult all the other commenters (the ones who really knew about that subject) as bigots and ignorants.

I remember, on one occasion, someone who understood physics kindly explained to him the laws of thermodynamics. He answered with a very offensive message where he called the laws absurd and the person who had explained them to him a fool... and then he loudly claimed and tried to prove that thermodynamics worked in a different way than science had it. Ratbert to a T.

last edited at Nov 1, 2020 3:27PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

White Rose posted:

and they avoided ban for years.

It sure took long... I often wondered about that...

For all the complaining about how site is biased and what not, it really is curious that BD avoided ban for so long, exactly because staff was much more lenient than BD gave them credit. BD was pretty much the most often reported person and most stuff they did was already ban worthy, yet staff kept being reluctant of actually perma banning them and only give occasional 1 day or later 30 days bans. So it took few years for them to finally say, enough is enough and ban BD permanently, so it was really funny when then in their final message they were accusing site of being biased and irrational.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I failed to reach 666. I got tired. Thanks to all who supported my (fruitless) endeavor ;) Much appreciated

Edit: BugDevil is the type of person who can turn the initially wholesome discussion forum for the Wholesome tag into a very unwholesome debate about the definition of 'wholesome'. That was a train-wreck that just boggles my mind.

last edited at Oct 31, 2020 7:18PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I failed to reach 666. I got tired. Thanks to all who supported my (fruitless) endeavor ;) Much appreciated

Edit: BugDevil is the type of person who can turn the initially wholesome discussion forum for the Wholesome tag into a very unwholesome debate about the definition of 'wholesome'. That was a train-wreck that just boggles my mind.

Like Dynasty isn't capable of doing trainwreck on its own on innocent OS because someone interpret something the wrong way. BD isn't an alone case, just the more vocal.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

on innocent OS

What does OS mean?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Lilliwyt posted:

on innocent OS

What does OS mean?

One Shot, like a doujin if you prefer.

last edited at Nov 1, 2020 6:39AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

What does OS mean?

One Shot

Ah! I couldn't figure out what abbreviation it was for.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Like Dynasty isn't capable of doing trainwreck on its own on innocent OS because someone interpret something the wrong way. BD isn't an alone case, just the more vocal.

Are you referring to the one-shot where the rich girl was doing something blatantly unwholesome in (in her mind) exploiting a poor girl for sex while gloating about it to herself? The one where, to my absolute astonishment, tons of people attempted to call it wholesome, clearly not understanding what the word means? If you weren't, then please disregard this. Still flabbergasted every time I remember that Twilight-Zone-esque forum.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Are you referring to the one-shot where the rich girl was doing something blatantly unwholesome in (in her mind) exploiting a poor girl for sex while gloating about it to herself? The one where, to my absolute astonishment, tons of people attempted to call it wholesome, clearly not understanding what the word means? If you weren't, then please disregard this. Still flabbergasted every time I remember that Twilight-Zone-esque forum.

Oh I don't refer to any one in particular.I just refer to the fact that the forum can get work up on pretty much anything.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Be careful--Bugdevil might possess your account & start posting again!

Unpopular opinion: I kinda miss 'em.

I most certainly don't. Guy was like Ratbert debunking the Big Bang.

Who what now?

Ratbert is a character in the Dilbert comic. It is generally accepted that Ratbert is the dumbest, stupidest character in the series. One time, Dilbert tried to explain the Big Bang in simple terms that even a pinhead like Ratbert would understand. It went like this:

Dilbert: "The Big Bang theory says that all the energy in space was originally jammed into a supercompressed speck the size of a tennis ball. Then this extremely dense point exploded, producing matter and propelling it outward to create the ever-expanding universe as we know it now."
Ratbert: "And why, pray tell, would there be a TENNIS BALL, of all things, in outer space?"
Dilbert: "Um... there wasn't."
Ratbert: "Haw haw! Talk about a FATAL FLAW, huh? Haw haw! It sure didn't take long to debunk your idiotic crackpot theory!"

This is more or less how that guy BugD. debated, always. Even if he didn't know the first thing about the matter in discussion, he would pick random words in other posts, juggle them, make a meaningless word salad and send it calling it a reply... and at the same time he'd insult all the other commenters (the ones who really knew about that subject) as bigots and ignorants.

I remember, on one occasion, someone who understood physics kindly explained to him the laws of thermodynamics. He answered with a very offensive message where he called the laws absurd and the person who had explained them to him a fool... and then he loudly claimed and tried to prove that thermodynamics worked in a different way than science had it. Ratbert to a T.

Oof. Incredibly delusional. Or hypocritical. Either way, this sort of thing makes me sad.

Thanks for the answer. I'll leave here a link to a video by Tim Minchin on people who attack science. Real funny stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I've been sleeping too much again...must be all the sleep deprivation catching up.

And speaking of sleep, Kiara had to postpone her (1 bed) sleepover with Marine because Senchou has a cold. Context:
https://youtu.be/ojkrB_sttds
https://youtu.be/J9TyPt4mCpw

Kiara actually pulled a fast one at the end of today's Collab as well: she offered her player spot to Amelia and said she would visit Calli to co-op play as one with no ill intention

It was pretty good and even has yuri in it. I made post about it in Anime thread.

Gotcha.

Btw, Polka is doing another singing stream. 100% recommended, she doesn't pause at all which is perfect for background music. They are usually 2-3 hours long.

Lyrical Nanoha NanoFate
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/75787505

last edited at Nov 3, 2020 6:51AM

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I wish my life was a musical where it is socially acceptable for me to burst into song at any moment and random strangers would sing along with me

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

https://youtu.be/EC8KRnYlxFo chaotic hololive collab coming, amongUS ...

I really love Polka and Nene's singing.

My ups died, is the third one I buy... My country sucks so fucking bad :s can't give details because I didn't come to fill this place with depression. I'm tired so I just want to take it easy...

What's up with mangadex btw? If I try to enter the site I get a white wall and a text saying "the new server welcomes you" but idk if they're in the process of transferring or if they did and left me behind ...

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Mangadex recently had an announcement about changing servers. I visited the site this morning, but now I get that white page too. The Twitter page has info: https://twitter.com/MangaDex

last edited at Nov 3, 2020 7:07PM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I wish my life was a musical where it is socially acceptable for me to burst into song at any moment and random strangers would sing along with me

I watched West Side Story recently and I don't know why people still have conversations instead of homoerotically pirouetting at each other whilst trilling about class inequality.

joined Nov 30, 2011

F******k I am so stressed!!! X_X

I feeeel you, I haven't slept at all tonight and probably won't at all 。_。

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Gee, and I thought I struggled to fall asleep.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ good luck! I'm getting so much rest now...too much...

Video private. This is about to the JP Collab, right?
I heard Kanata didn't feel well. I haven't finished her full day date with Suisei stream but she seemed fine there. Did they like...make out or something? PPT was in the hospital recently :/

Oh and there's another great Among us Collab coming up! It has the newer Artemis(who said she's super gay btw), Pikamee and Lyrica so I expect a bottom left stream.

Original
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/85119421

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

This is rather interesting: the Hubble Legacy Field. It's a combination of almost 7500 pictures taken by the Hubble Space Telescope over 16 years. The space it would take up in the night sky is apparently the width of a full moon, so it's incredibly tiny. Download it and check out the ~265,000 galaxies in a single patch of the night sky. I'd recommend either the 2000x2000 3.52 MB or the 6375x6375 47 MB version since they have great detail and won't cause your computer to possibly freeze or crash (the youtuber who directed me to this actually had that happen with the largest quality image).

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

One part of me wants to say just how beautiful and impressive that image is, but the other part wants me to make a Legacy joke.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Things I Stumbled Onto On YT: understanding #valvecode

// Too bad!

joined Nov 30, 2011

I had a migraine all day yesterday while working!! But today!!??? Oooooo baby is it looking so much better!!!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Rye posted:

^ good luck! I'm getting so much rest now...too much...

Video private. This is about to the JP Collab, right?
I heard Kanata didn't feel well. I haven't finished her full day date with Suisei stream but she seemed fine there. Did they like...make out or something? PPT was in the hospital recently :/

Kanata's health in general is not the best, so is not rare but of course I wouldn't stop worrying.

Meanwhile Hololive Indo.... She can't keep getting away with this!!
https://preview.redd.it/yokknhw56mx51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=fede0626dbc91afa8b8d5876799880fa98ee2383
https://preview.redd.it/93l7j0766mx51.jpg?width=719&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=06df509d7240e2c011eacceea117c565aa19fffa

To reply you must either login or sign up.