Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

[idiot]
joined May 10, 2014

Kiara running away from Mario 64 to play Sunshine because it's "easier" made my day. She's in for a rude awakening. Also, EnMa-chan is as powerful as A-chan?

Azur lane Cheshire x Drake
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/83848089

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Suisei's live was too damn good, and the guess characters were amazing surprises too... Yagoo's dream lives on

M7
joined May 8, 2017

I kind of want to reach 666 posts by tomorrow in celebration of Halloween

last edited at Oct 30, 2020 12:33PM

Givemeanaccount
Screen%20shot%202020-09-14%20at%2010.57.30%20am
joined Apr 25, 2017

^ Good luck

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Nakoruru
joined Jun 20, 2020

^^Be careful--Bugdevil might possess your account & start posting again!

Speak of the devil: https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/right-wing-figures-thank-satan-iblis-214648860.html

Cat%202
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

#notdeadbtw

Gj!

I did watch 1 burn the witch ep, it looks alright.

It was pretty good and even has yuri in it. I made post about it in Anime thread.

bubbleteabird posted:

You need to start spamming then.

last edited at Oct 30, 2020 5:18PM

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

You can comment on images here for free and quick comments

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Be careful--Bugdevil might possess your account & start posting again!

Unpopular opinion: I kinda miss 'em.

joined Apr 6, 2019

I most certainly don't. Guy was like Ratbert debunking the Big Bang.

7mhwdksyioput0ufrs_lbgsibau7y7oimbujcjgvlxw
joined Oct 17, 2019

I also posted it in the Magia Record thread but I will post here for more visibility as we only have 5 hours left of Magia Record NA:

https://xn--80aalyho.xn--p1ai/magireco/NAgitan/suffering // https://tinyurl.com/SaveYourGirls

This function saves your NA server account data into a zipped folder.

You must do this BEFORE server closure. Countdown to server closure can be found here: https://www.rumor.moe/

You do not need ANY programming knowledge to execute this, just a transfer ID + password from the NA server.

If you get a message saying "CORS disabled," follow the links provided in the error message to enable CORS on your web browser, then try again with the CORS extension running in your browser. Be sure to uninstall that extension after you get your data, it's not a safe thing to leave on.

You cannot use this alone to download/run Magia Record. Think of this as rescuing your girls + memoria and putting them in an indefinite "stasis" until a method to recreate the game is successful.

The program works completely on the client side, none of the information is recorded or stored on the owner's server. That means the person who runs the webpage can't see anything anyone types into the form.

This method does unbind your account, so if you want to open the live game again before server closure, you need to reenter your transfer ID + password in the live server to "transfer" back over.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Who what now?

Cat%202
joined Jun 5, 2015

BV posted:

You sure you want someone who only argued for arguing sake and thought their own opinions are facts? They pretty much were set to convince everyone to their views, but themselves would never be convinced to anything. It was toxic for forum and they avoided ban for years.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

and they avoided ban for years.

It sure took long... I often wondered about that...

Minami
joined Jun 25, 2019

Because there is more peoples like BD than you think.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Who what now?

Ratbert is a character in the Dilbert comic. It is generally accepted that Ratbert is the dumbest, stupidest character in the series. One time, Dilbert tried to explain the Big Bang in simple terms that even a pinhead like Ratbert would understand. It went like this:

Dilbert: "The Big Bang theory says that all the energy in space was originally jammed into a supercompressed speck the size of a tennis ball. Then this extremely dense point exploded, producing matter and propelling it outward to create the ever-expanding universe as we know it now."
Ratbert: "And why, pray tell, would there be a TENNIS BALL, of all things, in outer space?"
Dilbert: "Um... there wasn't."
Ratbert: "Haw haw! Talk about a FATAL FLAW, huh? Haw haw! It sure didn't take long to debunk your idiotic crackpot theory!"

This is more or less how that guy BugD. debated, always. Even if he didn't know the first thing about the matter in discussion, he would pick random words in other posts, juggle them, make a meaningless word salad and send it calling it a reply... and at the same time he'd insult all the other commenters (the ones who really knew about that subject) as bigots and ignorants.

I remember, on one occasion, someone who understood physics kindly explained to him the laws of thermodynamics. He answered with a very offensive message where he called the laws absurd and the person who had explained them to him a fool... and then he loudly claimed and tried to prove that thermodynamics worked in a different way than science had it. Ratbert to a T.

last edited at Nov 1, 2020 3:27PM

Cat%202
joined Jun 5, 2015

White Rose posted:

and they avoided ban for years.

It sure took long... I often wondered about that...

For all the complaining about how site is biased and what not, it really is curious that BD avoided ban for so long, exactly because staff was much more lenient than BD gave them credit. BD was pretty much the most often reported person and most stuff they did was already ban worthy, yet staff kept being reluctant of actually perma banning them and only give occasional 1 day or later 30 days bans. So it took few years for them to finally say, enough is enough and ban BD permanently, so it was really funny when then in their final message they were accusing site of being biased and irrational.

M7
joined May 8, 2017

I failed to reach 666. I got tired. Thanks to all who supported my (fruitless) endeavor ;) Much appreciated

Edit: BugDevil is the type of person who can turn the initially wholesome discussion forum for the Wholesome tag into a very unwholesome debate about the definition of 'wholesome'. That was a train-wreck that just boggles my mind.

last edited at Oct 31, 2020 7:18PM

Minami
joined Jun 25, 2019

I failed to reach 666. I got tired. Thanks to all who supported my (fruitless) endeavor ;) Much appreciated

Edit: BugDevil is the type of person who can turn the initially wholesome discussion forum for the Wholesome tag into a very unwholesome debate about the definition of 'wholesome'. That was a train-wreck that just boggles my mind.

Like Dynasty isn't capable of doing trainwreck on its own on innocent OS because someone interpret something the wrong way. BD isn't an alone case, just the more vocal.

Cat%202
joined Jun 5, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

on innocent OS

What does OS mean?

Minami
joined Jun 25, 2019

Lilliwyt posted:

on innocent OS

What does OS mean?

One Shot, like a doujin if you prefer.

last edited at Nov 1, 2020 6:39AM

Cat%202
joined Jun 5, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

What does OS mean?

One Shot

Ah! I couldn't figure out what abbreviation it was for.

Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

Like Dynasty isn't capable of doing trainwreck on its own on innocent OS because someone interpret something the wrong way. BD isn't an alone case, just the more vocal.

Are you referring to the one-shot where the rich girl was doing something blatantly unwholesome in (in her mind) exploiting a poor girl for sex while gloating about it to herself? The one where, to my absolute astonishment, tons of people attempted to call it wholesome, clearly not understanding what the word means? If you weren't, then please disregard this. Still flabbergasted every time I remember that Twilight-Zone-esque forum.

Minami
joined Jun 25, 2019

Are you referring to the one-shot where the rich girl was doing something blatantly unwholesome in (in her mind) exploiting a poor girl for sex while gloating about it to herself? The one where, to my absolute astonishment, tons of people attempted to call it wholesome, clearly not understanding what the word means? If you weren't, then please disregard this. Still flabbergasted every time I remember that Twilight-Zone-esque forum.

Oh I don't refer to any one in particular.I just refer to the fact that the forum can get work up on pretty much anything.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Who what now?

Ratbert is a character in the Dilbert comic. It is generally accepted that Ratbert is the dumbest, stupidest character in the series. One time, Dilbert tried to explain the Big Bang in simple terms that even a pinhead like Ratbert would understand. It went like this:

Dilbert: "The Big Bang theory says that all the energy in space was originally jammed into a supercompressed speck the size of a tennis ball. Then this extremely dense point exploded, producing matter and propelling it outward to create the ever-expanding universe as we know it now."
Ratbert: "And why, pray tell, would there be a TENNIS BALL, of all things, in outer space?"
Dilbert: "Um... there wasn't."
Ratbert: "Haw haw! Talk about a FATAL FLAW, huh? Haw haw! It sure didn't take long to debunk your idiotic crackpot theory!"

This is more or less how that guy BugD. debated, always. Even if he didn't know the first thing about the matter in discussion, he would pick random words in other posts, juggle them, make a meaningless word salad and send it calling it a reply... and at the same time he'd insult all the other commenters (the ones who really knew about that subject) as bigots and ignorants.

I remember, on one occasion, someone who understood physics kindly explained to him the laws of thermodynamics. He answered with a very offensive message where he called the laws absurd and the person who had explained them to him a fool... and then he loudly claimed and tried to prove that thermodynamics worked in a different way than science had it. Ratbert to a T.

Oof. Incredibly delusional. Or hypocritical. Either way, this sort of thing makes me sad.

Thanks for the answer. I'll leave here a link to a video by Tim Minchin on people who attack science. Real funny stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U

[idiot]
joined May 10, 2014

I've been sleeping too much again...must be all the sleep deprivation catching up.

And speaking of sleep, Kiara had to postpone her (1 bed) sleepover with Marine because Senchou has a cold. Context:
https://youtu.be/ojkrB_sttds
https://youtu.be/J9TyPt4mCpw

Kiara actually pulled a fast one at the end of today's Collab as well: she offered her player spot to Amelia and said she would visit Calli to co-op play as one with no ill intention

It was pretty good and even has yuri in it. I made post about it in Anime thread.

Gotcha.

Btw, Polka is doing another singing stream. 100% recommended, she doesn't pause at all which is perfect for background music. They are usually 2-3 hours long.

Lyrical Nanoha NanoFate
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/75787505

last edited at Nov 3, 2020 6:51AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.