Forum › Gunbured x Sisters discussion

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Wow I feel kind of bad for Shannon, already dealing with so much and now has to stick around with a loli

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

I hope Shannon doesn't get eaten by that loli vampire.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

People speculating werewolf on MD. Seems more likely than a vampire.

Why? What makes people think werewolves are even a thing in this universe?

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

ok so we need a pairing fast, oh wait i've got an idea let's throw in a loli! you're hired

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

People speculating werewolf on MD. Seems more likely than a vampire.

Why? What makes people think werewolves are even a thing in this universe?

Why not? Seen like 0.1% of the universe and werewolves are often portrayed as natural enemies of vampires. Also dressed like little red riding hood and seems to have a keen sense of smell saying the guys smell bad and Shannon good.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

In the most obvious twist of all time, the loli will actually be a century old, meaning that Shannon will have to deal with both an annoying kid and a batty old lady, which is... a pretty accurate description of the people you end up interacting with during volunteer duty for local churches. Huh. This manga's pretty realistic after all.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

In the most obvious twist of all time, the loli will actually be a century old, meaning that Shannon will have to deal with both an annoying kid and a batty old lady, which is... a pretty accurate description of the people you end up interacting with during volunteer duty for local churches. Huh. This manga's pretty realistic after all.

She's definitely sus. But IDK, this story is not afraid of cliche stuff but also not that predictable. It seems to be focusing a lot on relatively young people who are carrying huge amounts of twisted feelings/frameworks and weight, so I could see her either being the age she looks or just "young for her age" like Nui from KLK. She's deffo gonna be pretty scary though.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

She's definitely sus. But IDK, this story is not afraid of cliche stuff but also not that predictable. It seems to be focusing a lot on relatively young people who are carrying huge amounts of twisted feelings/frameworks and weight, so I could see her either being the age she looks or just "young for her age" like Nui from KLK. She's deffo gonna be pretty scary though.

Fair point. At this point, it feels like the whole 'loli who's older than she looks' trope has transcended the realm of plot-twisty character archetypes and become a sort of narrative shorthand, allowing authors to explicitly package mandatory doses of moe and exposition into a certain space without having to bother with explaining why there's a prepubescent child running around battlefields. Old, veteran ladies would be wellsprings of information, but cut down on the amount of demographics an author could pander to (GILF-lovers sadly aren't enough of a market), while little kids could be cute, but have little to offer in terms of plot relevance (unless they're walking McGuffins). The ancient loli manages to be a history teacher, precocious pre-schooler, and signifier of in-universe concepts such as immortality, sealed godlike beings or ageless races all in one. From a writer's perspective, they're a veritable Swiss Army Knife of storytelling options, and I'm sure that this particular author will put the kid to some interesting uses.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

GILF-lovers sadly aren't enough of a market

*Shakes tiny fist of rage*

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

At first I was kinda weirded out by Dolores' rapiness, but I'm glad that the story is revealing her to be a manipulative asshole rather than trying to make it seem like she's actually nice or something.

She was never portrayed as nice, she blackmails Mariah in the very first chapter

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

"My Cute, more human than human, monstergirl"

Nice

joined May 7, 2017

I don't trust this idol lookalike, Kiki, stay on your guard, Shanon-sama!

joined Aug 21, 2017

Being Shannon is still pain

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Seeing them fully in casual outfits was great, and what an answer by Maria, it's so easy to root for her happiness and success, but I do hope Dorothy eventually comes around too and they get together.

I agree with the werewolf theory too. Strong sense of smell and Little Red Riding hood getup and all, ehhh come on.

last edited at Oct 27, 2020 4:35PM

Abbysmug
joined May 15, 2020

God, this manga is fantastic. Every new reveal of a character or plot detail makes me even more invested

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

wait shannon get away from the loli she's dangerous
oh no she has air pods in she can't hear us

KawaiiEllie-chan
joined Jan 24, 2019

Probably unpopular opinion, but I love Dorothy's character so....much!!!! She's such a manipulaive irredeemable psycho and AAAAGGHH I can't get over it <3. Yes, I know, it's messed up, but let me LIKE WHAT I LIKE.

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Dorothy is unhinged but yeah its what makes her character compelling

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Man waiting a whole month sucked, but this release was probably the fastest we've ever done, so there's that! Sadly it's yet another short chapter this month. I really, really hope this doesn't become a trend.

Author unfortunately forgot today was the release date of the magazine (his own words) and hasn't drawn a bonus illustration yet. We'll make sure to update the chapter with the illustration whenever it's posted. (Obviously we wouldn't delay the release of the chapter just for that)

He also posted this (NSFW) today which may be a possible tease for the future? (They kinda look like the other 2 nuns from a couple chapters ago but I may be wrong).

last edited at Nov 19, 2020 4:32PM

Abbysmug
joined May 15, 2020

Alright, who guessed werewolf?

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Werewolf it was.

but this release was probably the fastest we've ever done

A day it seems like! Thank you very much.

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Well whoever guessed the new girl would be a werewolf, you got it right lol. She seems like a fun character! What is that weapon lol, looks like a giant pair of pliers but made out of fossils lol.

He also posted this (NSFW) today which may be a possible tease for the future? (They kinda look like the other 2 nuns from a couple chapters ago but I may be wrong).

Definitely looks like those other 2 top nuns and holy shit does that look raunchy

last edited at Nov 19, 2020 5:13PM

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Wow, thanks for the amazingly fast release.

Looks like this wolf girl is a pro hunter, but did she know this large scale offense by the vamps was going to happen?

joined Jan 11, 2018

Nice, I ship it. It's about time she got someone who actually likes here instead of someone who doesn't care about her.

Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

Looks like this wolf girl is a pro hunter, but did she know this large scale offense by the vamps was going to happen?

If I were to guess, I'd think she could probably just smell a large concentration of powerful vampires. Given that a heightened sense of smell seems to be one of her abilities that'd be the most reasonable explanation I could think of with the info we have so far.

To reply you must either login or sign up.