Forum › The Girl With a Mirrored Heart discussion

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

so what is the problem with the heart in the right? people would find out and hate her for that? I mean..... it's not even a case

Tenshi
joined Mar 23, 2016

Weird thing to bully someone over.
But regardless, this is super sweet. I'm glad there's a happy end for her.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

so what is the problem with the heart in the right? people would find out and hate her for that? I mean..... it's not even a case

You'd be surprised by how deep Japan's bullying problem goes. You can get bullied for just about any reason. And sometimes, they don't even need one. If it's your turn to be bullied, it's gonna happen.

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

The ol switcheroo

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Yeah, I was also wondering why someone would be bullied over something that you can't even see, but I guess that makes sense then if that problem really is that bad... also, I was immediately reminded of Fortune from Metal Gear Solid as soon as I got to the first page. I can't imagine that it'd help Hazuki at all like it kinda helped Fortune for a few seconds, but yeah, that's definitely an unusual condition that I thought was completely made up...

Fb_img_1533401192825
joined Sep 9, 2016

You'd be surprised by how deep Japan's bullying problem goes. You can get bullied for just about any reason. And sometimes, they don't even need one. If it's your turn to be bullied, it's gonna happen.

Wtf really? I didnt know that it was this much

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

Yeah a little bit weird for someone to get bullied for a condition that does not even hamper the person, or even noticeable, but then again kids are evil.
Still overall sweet and now I learn about a new medical condition I never knew about, which is neat. Especially since it involve organogenesis.

last edited at Oct 28, 2020 2:29AM

joined Jan 3, 2020

It'd be pretty hard for other people to even find out about the condition usually, but I guess (at least in Japanese schools according to manga), students often have basic medical checkups at the school nurse in lines. It'd be very obvious then or through a few other situations (sleepovers maybe, if they were close to each other, as well as walking arm in arm).

As long as the girl didn't move away, the information could easily follow her after it was discovered as well. I did something stupid once in 6th grade, and although my middle school fed into two different high schools, and mine was an exceptionally large high school, I was still bullied up through my senior year of high school for the issue.

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

Also, there is a possibility that the person just have depression and low-self esteem as a kid that makes her think some of the bad thing that happen to her is due to her health condition, which just feed to a viscous cycle of her hating herself.
But that might be just me projecting, and trying overanalyzed something that does not need to be analyzed, and instead just consumed and enjoyed.

last edited at Oct 28, 2020 2:37AM

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Yo flag this for self-harm, I didn’t need to see cutting tonight.

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

So people can have mirrored organs huh, I didn't know that was a thing. You really do learn something new everyday!

last edited at Oct 28, 2020 3:22AM

A3974806713_10
joined Sep 23, 2019

well i am sure as hell glad that she got her happy ending, that start was hella rough

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

She wanted her guts rearranged and in the end she got what she asked for <3

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Owner of a mirrored heart
Much better than an
Owner of a broken heart

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

this condition (from what I've read) literally doesn't make her any different than any normal person. Well, except for the mirrored organs.

last edited at Oct 28, 2020 4:30AM

joined Nov 9, 2019

I think it's less of a situation of kids being bullied FOR something like this, and more that they're bullied WITH something like this. People don't need an excuse to bully someone, they'll just use whatever they hear about whoever they want to bully. I knew a girl that was bullied in reference to minor intersex condition that barely impacted her life, another person I knew was bullied about damaging their hymen while stretching. Can absolutely see this being a thing. Also can absolutely see that hearts closer comment sweeping her off her feet. Cheesy romantic stuff about your insecurities is what life is about.

Loona%20avatar%20small
joined Oct 28, 2020

I was bullied because I had long hair. Yes... let that sink in. Because I had LONG HAIR.

When I eventually cut it the bullying didn't stop so that was when I figured out that it wasn't the long hair that caused the bullying. If they decide to bully you then they WILL bully you, and the reasons don't matter. Kids are evil little shits and evil little shits don't need a reason to ostracise you.

Anyways I'm glad she found someone who loved her for her. Sometimes love is all we need to save us from ourselves.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

CW: Majorly depressing shit, suicide.

There was this one episode of a show called Shigofumi that I watched recently. This one guy blogs on a forum about a guy in his class getting bullied and laughs about it with all the other posters. Then he realizes that the guy being bullied is one of the posters too. The victim recognizes him and asks him to help at school, but the guy just tells him that he can't do anything, and the victim eventually kills himself out of sheer despair.

Then they reveal that the bullies saw the victim talking to the original guy for like five seconds, and decided that since he was the victim's 'friend', he ought to be next in line for bullying. The guy being bullied is handsome, popular, gets good grades and largely well-liked, but nobody wants to piss the bully clique off, so they ostracize him. He starts blogging on the same forum, and realizes that no one on the Internet or in real life cares. Someone's gotta be the scapegoat, and no one wants to take his place.

The episode basically wraps up with the bullies making the original guy walk around on the edge of a roof, which has a high chance of getting him killed. He realizes that there's no way to run, no way to back out, because they'll be hounding him for every second of the rest of his school life. If he complies, they'll keep coming up with new ways to torture him. If he gets used to it, they'll escalate the punishments to get a reaction. The guy realizes that there's no way out, snaps, and stabs one of the bullies with a screwdriver. They put him in juvie and the implication is that his life is ruined, because Japan ostracizes the heck out of anyone with a minor criminal record, so a murderer would never be able to get a job or achieve anything resembling a stable, ordinary life. But even though he's got no future, his actions are presented as justified, because there was no hope for him anyway, so at least he got some catharsis. He realized that relying on logic or negotiation or authority figures wouldn't do anything, because nobody wanted to get involved with him and would just turn a blind eye. He's already seen what happened to the former victim, and decides to kill instead of being killed. Basically, he becomes an animal, because there was no place for him in an apathetic society.

It really drove in how absolutely hellish bullying can be, particularly in Japan, where it seems like ritualised abuse. There's no perfect solution, no ray of hope, no saviors- just a choice between two different kinds of hell. It was pretty bleak, but I honestly couldn't call it unrealistic, because I've seen people in similar situations and read stories about how they just... broke. Bullying is a problem that's pretty hard to solve, seeing as it stems from immature kids channeling the worst parts of human nature, but that's exactly why people need to take every possible effort to keep an eye out and combat it.

joined Apr 6, 2018

what is wrong with those people

it's kinda nice that she got to meet someone who didn't really mind her "unique" condition. It's kinda sad as well I hoped she met her sooner :(((

D4d93d7defd05c7fbedff90b7d82fc4e
joined Sep 26, 2020

A well deserved ending.

joined Jan 5, 2020

I dimly recall hearing about an incident when I was much younger about a high school kid getting stabbed with a pencil or some other writing instrument in the chest and only being ok (relatively, I mean, he did get stabbed) because it turned out his heart was on the opposite side of his chest. If I remember right, he didn’t even know about his condition until that incident. Ofc, now I’m not sure if it was a real case or something I read in a book or manga it’s been so long since it happened.

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Cute and sad..

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

ha

joined Mar 25, 2020

How would they even know she has that condition

To reply you must either login or sign up.