shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

/clears throat
/taps mic

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

Chapter's out on sneik's site!

You wouldn't be able to tell there was almost a 3-year gap in the novels at all. And I'm really glad to see what we're exploring in this volume.

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

/clears throat
/taps mic

Now this is epic!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

You wouldn't be able to tell there was almost a 3-year gap in the novels at all. And I'm really glad to see what we're exploring in this volume.

This is all I could think about after that scene with Nagafuji, lol:

joined Apr 5, 2015

Was Non quitting a last minute decision or something? They are using anime art, which is very uncanny. Blonde Shimamura is already noticeable enough, but Yashiro in her astronaut clothes is very weird.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I swear, Adachi's mom expected another sauna duel there. :D

joined Jan 25, 2017

Was Non quitting a last minute decision or something? They are using anime art, which is very uncanny. Blonde Shimamura is already noticeable enough, but Yashiro in her astronaut clothes is very weird.

Yeah the combination of what looks like anime promo art with reused Non art from previous novels is very odd, makes it sound like they had to scramble at the last minute. Hope Non's doing okay.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^
She drew a new piece to celebrate the airing of the anime, you can find it here on dynasty.

By the way, I can't believe we now know the names of not only Shimamura's mom, but even Adachi's, and yet Shimamura's sister remains unnamed. And the author has the gall to have Shimamura say that Shou doesn't sound anywhere close to her name, heh.

last edited at Oct 21, 2020 4:02PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

By the way, I can't believe we now know the names of not only Shimamura's mom, but even Adachi's, and yet Shimamura's sister remains unnamed. And the author has the gall to have Shimamura say that Shou doesn't sound anywhere close to her name, heh.

Yeah, I'm hoping that that is teasing that we'll learn her name this volume.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I was kinda sorta hoping the anime would give her a name since they sometimes do that with unnamed characters for anime adaptations, but surely enough, she's still only credited as "Shimamura's sister". It doesn't really bother me, but I've become curious.

joined Jan 25, 2017

I was kinda sorta hoping the anime would give her a name since they sometimes do that with unnamed characters for anime adaptations, but surely enough, she's still only credited as "Shimamura's sister". It doesn't really bother me, but I've become curious.

I'm pretty sure they're just going to do her like Kyon in perpetuity, lol

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I watched it today and I didn't like it that much but the second part of the second episode was really nice. I reall liked that. I don't know but anime kinda made me think they kinda tried to make something like Monogatari Series. Pacing and edits was so Monogatari like that I kinda expected random colored pages and lines saying Adachi Monolouge or Shimamura Monolouge. The start was a bit edgy for me I didn't read the manga nor the novel but it kinda starteed as a bit edgy but I liked the second episode and wish for more

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

Now I want middle school Shima X middle school Adachi.

joined Jan 4, 2020

Its kind of sad that the author already wrote the future chapters which implicate that Adachis relationship with her mother never got better...

joined Jun 7, 2019

excuse me?what?3 what?

joined Jun 7, 2019

Its kind of sad that the author already wrote the future chapters which implicate that Adachis relationship with her mother never got better...

yeah that is really sad

Thanks for the chapter. I like how Yashiro was able to get Shimamura to talk about her middle school self again, and in detail. I guess she no longer finds it that embarrassing to talk about, well it might be because its Yashiro, but still what a nice story time. And Adachi what shall she wear for Christmas v: and how will it go for her attempting to be somewhat calm again and not so focused on Shimamura. I'm definitely most excited about seeing that. Not to mention now that the short story of the mom's meeting was put in, I wonder how that will play a part later or down the line (maybe) I hope they meet again.

Also I love Nagafuji and Shimamura's mom I get the feeling they'd get along pretty well.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

excuse me?what?3 what?

The gap between volume 7 and volume 8 was 3 years.

Also I love Nagafuji and Shimamura's mom I get the feeling they'd get along pretty well.

I get the feeling I'd get along well with Shimamama. I would totally be the one in the showers sending my water over the partition onto the person next to me, hahaha....

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I swear, Adachi's mom expected another sauna duel there. :D

She totally was. :D

But oh my god Shimamura's Mom~~! We knew this meeting had to happen eventually. I am so looking forward to seeing this conversation she has with her daughter now. And I hope we get more meetings of the mom's in the future.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

This chapter was a nice surprise, thanks Sneikkimies and team.

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

I think there is a chance that it will get better. From the last chapter of vol.8, the future chapter, ten years from now, we can see that Adachi's way of thinking had change a little bit.
"However, unlike Shimamura, I only had our apartment to come home to. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't feel the slightest bit jealous of her."
(From https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/adachi_and_shimamura_novel_ch06_4#9)

If it's high school Adachi, she doesn't care at all. She is OK with only have Shimamura and wants Shimamura to think the same. And she might feels jealous of Shimamura's family in this situation. But the future Adachi is a little bit not like that anymore. Moreover, in the first chapter of vol.8, future Adachi said that she is OK with spending one day without Shimamura because their trip together will make up for it. I mean, yes they are gonna go to a trip together but how come Adachi said that? I'm sure high school Adachi can't say that.

So, in my opinion, I think Adachi's relationship with her family will get better in a far far future. (It's Adachi so I don't know how long it will take. lol)

last edited at Oct 22, 2020 3:04AM

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

dang that basketball scene sure reminds me of another oneshot by an amazing author about useless senpai who sucks at basketball and has a bunch of people who hate her but she still plays anyways. she also has a talented kouhai who still really likes her despite everyone else disliking her

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

dang that basketball scene sure reminds me of another oneshot by an amazing author about useless senpai who sucks at basketball and has a bunch of people who hate her but she still plays anyways. she also has a talented kouhai who still really likes her despite everyone else disliking her

Did she also tell her later on that the color of her panties had been the color of the sun in a roundabout way? lol..

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Good chapter. I had wanted to know more about Shimamura's middle school life after the ending of volume 7. It seems like she lost interest in other people when she realized how tenuous friendships could be. (I can relate to that; my family moved frequently, and the number of people in that family has changed many times.) That kouhai seems like a pretty entertaining character. I laughed when Nagafuji and Shimamura imitated her by giving the middle finger. She might start a trend, lol.

I think the moms are actually less mature than their daughters. Their dynamic makes me think of how a younger Hougetsu and Sakura might be together, funny enough. I hope there will be more of these two. Will even the moms not be safe from Big Gay?

The latest episode was really good and - judging from the next episode preview - the season will probably cover everything up to the fourth volume. Tarumi has such an interesting personality, so I'm wondering how she'll come across in the anime.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Iruma as a person is so down to earth that I just can't help not to admire her for it.

Thas a man. The one who is a woman is Non.

Oh didn't know about that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.