Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

What even happened?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Throbelisk He doesn't live across the hall to be fair- but somewhere further down the corridor on the same floor- thats not his appartment door we see him enter.

Also, given Uta's expression and what she is wearing, I seriously dont think they are just rooming.. I also dont think Uta would have ever moved back in with her just to room- it would have become hard for her again like before So I do think they are for sure a couple.

But I do basically agree the point- it is really wierd even if they are family and friendly still, for him to live so close! I just muddies the ending for no reason. If he had the slightest sense he would not be living near by- its almost like the sole reason tmnr did it was so he could be there and keep you guessing right up to the last few panels.

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 9:04PM

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

Wait. Does this mean the sister in law IS dating Uta?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

The ambiguity of the situation is definitely pissing a lot people off right now, including myself. My yuri goggles are too fogged up to work correctly on this one.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

What even happened?

It seems they hooked up and live together- and the ex hubby lives on the same floor of the appartment block somewhere- which seems damn awkward to me lol!

@ Solaris1 yes- seems so.. But even if so it is super unsatifying to give us so little that we cant 100% verify it and have zero clue when or how it came about and never got a kiss or anything!

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 9:09PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

EDIT: How do I prevent the > from immediatelly making it as if it's a quote? The latter part shouldn't be quoted

It really ended....... I'll finally be able to sleep at night again

Implies this manga even can be a reason for one's thoughts to slow down oneself falling asleep

EDIT/ You mean you want to use ">"? well you can't since it's part of code.

Well, thanks anyways.

> putting a \ in front is the off switch for the code, as per the formatting guide pinned on top of the forum

joined Oct 17, 2018

I hope to god there is an epilog for this cause that ending was not satisfactory what so ever. Yea cool they are together but what about all those feelings built up that just felt like it flat lined!! I need more scenes of uta and kaoru together so I can feel satisfied. Not even a fluffy sex scene or intimacy wth. That ending left me feeling empty...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This title has always been a fanfic-as-literary-criticism magnet anyway—every time I would bring up (what I saw as) a plot hole or some unexplained question, people would push back with elaborate theories about how it did or would eventually make complete sense when the whole panorama was revealed.

Now it’s perfect fanfic fodder, ripe for further expansion/transformation/development (perhaps by readers who may actually pay attention to consistency of characterization and plot) exploring such issues as:

• How did Reiichi come to live in the same building as his sister and ex-wife? What are their connections like today?

• Who “liked” Uta in college, and how did she respond?

• What made those fucking books fall on Karou’s head?

• What did Uta and Reiichi’s mom do that caused her to lose her license?

• Why did Reiichi’s dad call for the first time out of the blue and interrupt Karou’s confrontation with her apparently cheating husband?

• The Wonderful World of Risako—Closeted Lesbian or Robotic Plot Device?

• Where is Konatsu, and don’t they have sunscreen there?

• Do Kaoru and Uta lie awake in the dead of night, listening to each other masturbate?

I could go on and on, but now it’s up to the fanfic community to carry the ball.

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 9:32PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

This kind of amuses me, like, there was all this grumpiness here in the forums about the prospect of a time skip?

WELL HAVE TWO OF THEM, YA WHINY BASTARDS.

I know it's probably not a direct reaction, but it honestly kind of feels like one. ;p

(Edit: Oh, but srsly my hot take is that this has "canned by the publisher" energy.)

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 9:16PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^the last one is uneeded since they sleep in the same bed and have sex together lol- but I will give you the rest.

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 9:16PM

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

This Manga was wild I'm glad it's ended now tho the buildup was so weird lol

joined Oct 14, 2017

Bruh I slogged through the story for this ending?

joined Aug 2, 2018

That was... unexpected? To a degree with all that build up it just kind fizzles out like a balloon farting instead of flying wild.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

I've been with this series from day one of it's translated release and this is the ending? Should have just been 20 chapters long with less drama and a finished, more polished ending. I know this was probably axed but wth was that ending? Two time skips and idk what to say that hasn't already been said in the comments but just wow. I'll just stew and pout in the corner until I can come to terms with this ending (sigh).

Bf8d3792-ce29-4734-b842-6f7d5e2364ed
joined Nov 22, 2019

Wait…WHAT?!

Seriously?! THATS IT????

Nope.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

It feels like when the author was told to axe it, they just condensed 2 or 3 arcs into one chapter rather than attempt to craft a satisfying ending out of what space they had left. Like this was just an outline built to get as many of those ideas on paper as possible without considering the resolution

joined Jul 26, 2016

Like this was just an outline built to get as many of those ideas on paper as possible without considering the resolution

This sounds like most of the series in a nutshell T B Q H

joined Jul 1, 2018

It feels like when the author was told to axe it, they just condensed 2 or 3 arcs into one chapter rather than attempt to craft a satisfying ending out of what space they had left. Like this was just an outline built to get as many of those ideas on paper as possible without considering the resolution

Yeah, I got the same feeling with it, especially with that plot line of someone liking Uta in college, that probably could have been an arc by itself. Honestly can’t believe that all that buildup was completely demolished with this ending, but it suits the manga, I guess.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

This was bad and ended bad. Omedetou.

joined May 7, 2017

This was actually PRETTY BAD, I was not rooting for Uta-Trashoru's route, but this resolution actually accomplishes nothing, we have started from nothing and reached no where, will echo some of Blastaar's sentiments, and wrap-up saying I'm scratching tMnR's works from my reading list forever, he/she struggles to develop plot as much as struggles to draw anatomy's, anyone with a more clinical eye should have caught that too.

joined May 7, 2017

to be honest, and I might be the only one here, but instead moving to live with Trashoru again (like no growth whatsoever, right?!), I wanted Uta to moved on completely, and actually dated someone else (like Sayaka in Bloom Into You - we only learned later on she was dating someone else), that would mean something to me. Like I tried and did my best, but you know what? Sometimes in life you just gotta learn to move on, that would be more meaningful to me, this resolution right here, alongside the several plot holes/unsolved conflicts, ain't it!

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Uta's all grown up. Q~Q

Thank goodness this hot mess of whatever-the-fuck it was is over. This was a torturous read.

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 10:39PM

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I think this last chapter would have been better off without pages 22-26. There was no reason to even hint that adult Uta would still live with her crush several years after the fact, because there's no real context to it.

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 10:36PM

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

6 volume and not even a kiss.

Ok

Least I can assume Uta had sex with Kaoru every night

I think this last chapter would have been better off without pages 22-26. There was no reason to even hint that adult Uta would still live with her crush several years after the fact, because there's no real context to it.

It's already pretty questionable for the author to do double time skip.
Kaoru hanging out with Uta during college is nice especially if the author can dig more about Risako during timeskip along with Reiichi.

Yet we got fucking double timeskip and the author didn't even show Uta face on 2nd timeskip.

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 10:40PM

joined Sep 6, 2018

Well, TMNR managed to sucker everyone into reading this... good luck finding an audience with the next manga.

To reply you must either login or sign up.