Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

yo bro your profile pic is creeping me out

Yeah, maybe not the smartest post for someone with a pfp like yours to make.

Ea068ec8502133f96ff1a1123008a767
joined Mar 26, 2020

yo bro your profile pic is creeping me out

Yeah, maybe not the smartest post for someone with a pfp like yours to make.

uh...i guess ill change it

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Whenever my head starts inflating a bit too much, it's always good to watch something like a universe size comparison. Instant cranial deflation and existential crisis? Sign me up!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Sounds like something I'd watch

joined Mar 26, 2020
Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Just watched Omoide no Marnie, and wow, it's been a shit-ton of time since I was ever so disappointed by a film. When I first heard about it, I was wondering why it didn't get any buzz, because for all intents and purposes, it looked like Studio Goddamn Ghibli had made a yuri film, which should've put it at the top of every recommendation list. After that terrible ending, though... yeah. I need to, like, gargle my soul or something.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Just watched Omoide no Marnie, and wow, it's been a shit-ton of time since I was ever so disappointed by a film. When I first heard about it, I was wondering why it didn't get any buzz, because for all intents and purposes, it looked like Studio Goddamn Ghibli had made a yuri film, which should've put it at the top of every recommendation list. After that terrible ending, though... yeah. I need to, like, gargle my soul or something.

I've only heard about that one, not actually seen it. I had absolutely no desire to watch it once I found out what it was all about. This only confirms that.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I thought it was a very nice and sweet movie. But does have this odd subtext feel that was kind of hilarious. Ghibli ghost yuri!

First time I saw it, I thought there was a decent chance Anna would die, killed by Marnie or by drowning from foolish activities, except for it being a Ghibli movie.

joined Mar 26, 2020

well that movie is kinda sad and depressing for me but its awesome

joined Mar 26, 2020

can someone recommend me a historical yuri manga

Screen%20shot%202022-10-24%20at%208.03.03%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2017

^ I'd recommend that you use the Yuri Recommendations thread if you are looking for a certain type of yuri. Also, I would recommend that you check out the Historical tag. I would especially say check this one out

joined Mar 26, 2020

^ I'd recommend that you use the Yuri Recommendations thread if you are looking for a certain type of yuri. Also, I would recommend that you check out the Historical tag. I would especially say check this one out

i already read them...but i want something i cant just explain it

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I liked Marnie, but the bait and switch was really cheap... yeah, but I guess if I wasn't such a hardcore yuri fan it wouldn't be so bad.
Is not a movie I would watch again, that's for sure... Speaking of movies that were very impressive but I would never watch again not even in 10 or 50 years, there's Made in Abysss 3 Dawn of the deep soul is just suffering, I don't think that whatever is awaiting down there is worth it, I don't care anymore and I don't think my curiosity can beat any more tragic moments... and to see them smiling again and hopefull at the end is just so bizzarre to me that I can't help but feel that they're beyond insane at this point.

joined Jan 14, 2020

watched Marnie with family

Me: "My summer dating grandma."

12yo niece: [protest at my sullying the movie with inappropriate allegations of subtext]

Same niece, two years later: "I was a young and foolish child."

(wow, you can't use angle brackets in here)

last edited at Oct 16, 2020 1:40PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

So thanks Rye for recommendation (wherever I read it and if it was even you stares) to watch Harley Quinn animated TV show. It was great and Yuri romance was surprisingly very well done.

Kirin posted:

Yea. I got Yuri vibes from it so I decided to watch it. It wasn't bad and had some nice moments, but that twist felt a bit far-fetched and I did feel betrayed about lack of yuri.

rainbow8 posted:

(wow, you can't use angle brackets in here)

Yea, you sadly can't. I feel your pain.

last edited at Oct 16, 2020 3:53PM

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

I just found a letter Mozart sent to his cousin and I can't stop laughing, holy cow

My favorite parts are "Today I got a letter setter from my Papa Haha safely into my paws claws.", "Oui, by the love of my skin, I shit on your nose, so it runs down your chin." and "I’m asking you, dearest numbskull, why not?"

Going further down the rabbit hole, apparently wikipedia has an entire page dedicated to Mozart's poop humor. Just wow

last edited at Oct 17, 2020 9:03AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I just read a couple chapters of a funny manga called: YURI IS FORBIDDEN FOR THE YURI OTA!?

The MC is a yuri otaku girl who manages to get accepted into a Marimite-like catholic school for girls (real Marimite-like, with gokigenyou, long skirts, rosaries, soeur system and all the gimmicks). The MC plans to spend the next 3 years watching the interactions of the other students and fangirling over their pure and refined high-class yuri. Sadly, another new student is a TOTAL GYARU (sexy, blonde hair, short skirt, open shirt showing off her boobs, lots of make-up and accesories, carries a cellphone, etc.) who starts corrupting the ojousama-like normal students with her uncouth ways! Thus the MC swears she will protect the purity of the perfect garden of lilies that is this academy! She will get in the gyaru's way and thwart all her plans! Even if she has to become her best friend to do so, lol.

I thought it was pretty amusing. Too bad there are only 2 chapters out.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I started watching K-On recently, and I'm honestly surprised by how great it is. I've never been a huge fan of moe, and since K-On is widely considered the show that made CGDCT a juggernaut, I'd always figured it'd be some sad otaku-bait mewling loli-fest. Never have I been more glad to be proven wrong.

The show's pretty heavy on the moe, but there's a certain subtle, fascinating undercurrent of realism running through it as well, from the tiniest of gestures to the shortest of dialogues. Everything that the girls do radiates individuality, and while they're all firmly rooted in their respective archetypes, there's also just enough interesting contradictions and one-off quirks to give the whole show a sense of authenticity. Don't get me wrong, it isn't Boyhood with Japanese girl bands, but it tempers the cute highschool fantasy with a wonderful layer of verisimilitude, always keeping the interactions fresh and relatable.

The show apparently accumulated a huge female fan-following, and I think it's because it excels at balancing a fairly authentic cast with the whole 'sparkling, never-ending girls' school life' gimmick. The director, Naoto Yamada, has a gift for making the characters seem cute without being saccharinely kawaii, and the whole show just thrums with so much life and momentum. It isn't high art, but it's the most fun I've had watching anything in ages (and it certainly healed my Omoide no Marnie trauma).

I'm only around 10 episodes into season 1, so there's gonna be some fun times ahead. Also, the ending theme is the most catchy song I've heard from anything that's not Touhou.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I just read a couple chapters of a funny manga called: YURI IS FORBIDDEN FOR THE YURI OTA!?

The MC is a yuri otaku girl who manages to get accepted into a Marimite-like catholic school for girls (real Marimite-like, with gokigenyou, long skirts, rosaries, soeur system and all the gimmicks). The MC plans to spend the next 3 years watching the interactions of the other students and fangirling over their pure and refined high-class yuri. Sadly, another new student is a TOTAL GYARU (sexy, blonde hair, short skirt, open shirt showing off her boobs, lots of make-up and accesories, carries a cellphone, etc.) who starts corrupting the ojousama-like normal students with her uncouth ways! Thus the MC swears she will protect the purity of the perfect garden of lilies that is this academy! She will get in the gyaru's way and thwart all her plans! Even if she has to become her best friend to do so, lol.

I thought it was pretty amusing. Too bad there are only 2 chapters out.

Sounds like Citrus or Citrus+ from the POV of one of the side characters. Except her approach war to scold Yuzu, then slap her.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019
Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I just caught the armadillo that's been tearing up my yard tonight. Am planning on sending it away tomorrow via truck since I don't have a gun.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Are you going to isekai the armadillo or just move it a couple of miles?

@Nene I love that manga! and the comedy and faces remind me of Comprehensive Tovarisch XD is all so silly and cute, the protagonist loves yuri so much hahaha and yeah they might become friends but her head is so full of lilies that the first thing she thought was "did I raised the gyaru flag?!" LOL (and she wasn't against it...)

@Kirin you'll love the girls of K-on, they made me laugh and cry too... and I gotta give it to Kyoani, they took the manga that was good and made it into something so beautiful!!! It was amazing.

But I'll never understand why they didn't cover the end of the manga too... Oh well, it just means that once you're done with the anime, s2, ovas and the movie, you can also jump to the manga and read even more (but not THAT much).

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 12:58AM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

The armadillo escaped the trap. :(

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'm only around 10 episodes into season 1, so there's gonna be some fun times ahead. Also, the ending theme is the most catchy song I've heard from anything that's not Touhou.

Crazy reading this when I think season 2 is on a whole other level from season 1. Hope you feel the same way. Also, nice vocab!

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Not much motivation today. It's been raining most of the day so I've been hiding inside my house.

To reply you must either login or sign up.