Forum › Posts by Grelvin

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

I need some help finding an image/comic lol. A blob man (is maybe called something along with Bob from Wisconsin or Ohio?) in a top hat is standing beside a demon woman in a bridal gown, and she's carrying flowers. I think there was a larger comic around them, but I have no clue what it's called

Grelvin
X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

Not sure if this is the right place to ask since it's fan-work, but gonna try anyway.

I'm looking for a Watamote doujinshi (or just some comic pages, don't think it was formally published) where Tomoko is out with her friends in a cafe and she meets that male office worker again who she hasn't seen for ages. I have no clue if I saw that on dynasty scans, twitter or pixiv, but if it's on twitter then it'll be hard to find it again. Not sure if it was translated to English too.

last edited at Jun 17, 2022 12:45PM

Grelvin
X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

What manga is this from?

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

^!! Adding it to the read-later list :D

Grelvin
X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

^Thank you, that's exactly it!

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

I've noticed the same thing within BL mangas, if a couple or a man have a child it's often a boy. Would definitely love to see mother-son relationships in GL mangas ( ;_;)

Grelvin
X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

Looking for a manga that has a woman reuniting with a friend who she has a crush on, I think? the friend also is a former wrestler iirc and is a single mom. Don't remember if the whole crush thing was subtext or if they actually end up together

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

I know this is like almost a month later, but the Yuri Manga Recommendations forum is a great place to look for manga, either by asking after some manga recs or by just looking through what people already have recced to other people :D

Grelvin
X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

Looks like this is a bot

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

^It has indeed been silly, but it really adds to the personality of the whole show overall :D Feel like the most silliest thing is that seemingly everyone in the town has affairs with everyone else, but it's entertaining nonetheless. And the soundtrack is also so good, it's impossible to skip the opening track <3

And same to that about not being able to settle down. And I do have a tea thats specifically for relaxing and making the drinker sleepy, so I guess I'll make some tea and watch Twin Peaks, thanks for the accidental reminder!

last edited at Apr 2, 2021 9:06PM

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

Do you guys ever have trouble falling asleep because you're finally alone with your thoughts and it's all about how lonely you feel, plus you're craving chili peanuts? Yeah, having one of those nights right now.

And I've watched the first two eps of Twin Peaks, enjoying it so far. I like how pink it is. Also i think about ten people cried in the first ep and none of them actually managed to bring forth a tear, I wanted to just shake the show's shoulders and say "give them some eyedrops!"

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

I remember when I found out the same thing. I must have been around 9 or 10, and I was reading an old Bloom County comic compilation that mentioned Sean Penn's rather violent tendencies towards paparazzi in the 80s. I asked my mom who "Seen Penn" was, and she laughed and told me the correct pronunciation. My world was opened just a little bit wider.

And my world just got opened wider when googling who Sean Penn was and finding out he was in The Little House on the Prairie of all things

As I understand it, it does actually rhyme in Irish. But he's a Yorkshireman, so..

At least props to him that he changed the spelling of his name from Shaun to Sean lololol

I named my band instrument Sean and was very disappointed when I found out I couldn't say "has anyone seen seen?"

To think that there's so many lost opportunities when Sean is pronounced the same as Shaun OTL

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

I was devastated once I found out the name Sean was not pronounced the same as the word bean. sean bean, could have been the greatest

last edited at Dec 18, 2020 9:18AM

Grelvin
X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

Ever since I discovered Nana, I've been thinking about the relationship and dynamic between Nana and Hachi and I love them so much. Does anyone have recs for mangas that has a similar dynamic to Nana and Hachi?

Grelvin
X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

Being able to search after specific forums would be useful, I think. Like if you want to find out if a forum about [x] already exists or not.

Grelvin
X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019
Grelvin
X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

I wondered if anyone knows what this is from?

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

I just found a letter Mozart sent to his cousin and I can't stop laughing, holy cow

My favorite parts are "Today I got a letter setter from my Papa Haha safely into my paws claws.", "Oui, by the love of my skin, I shit on your nose, so it runs down your chin." and "I’m asking you, dearest numbskull, why not?"

Going further down the rabbit hole, apparently wikipedia has an entire page dedicated to Mozart's poop humor. Just wow

last edited at Oct 17, 2020 9:03AM

Grelvin
X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

Can we get a suicide tag for works that have that in them? I know that that is a very sensitive thing that people would like to avoid, me included, so having that tag would be helpful to avoid works that has it.

last edited at May 21, 2020 2:13PM

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

This bass cover of mikitoP - Roki is so damn good

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

While on the desired series page you see three stripes on the upper right corner. Click on that, and you see a menu of stuff. On the top of the menu, there's another three stripes, click on them and you can see your different lists, and the "To Read" list should be among them. Click on that, and the series should be added :D

last edited at Apr 26, 2020 6:38AM

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

^Thank you for the recs! :D

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

^I gotcha. It sounded like you needed advice and not just venting in the deleted post, so I'm sorry if the advice wasn't needed OTL and I totally get you about small towns, in my town there's basically just a grocery store with almost nothing in it and a gas station. I have to get to the city that's 1 hour away to get more complicated ingredients or go to the library o)-(

And you're the expert of yourself of course but idk, having panic attacks sounds kinda serious. In the deleted post you talked about how it feels to go outside and stuff, and the reaction you have to it. I'm sorry if I'm assuming too much here since I'm definitely no medical professional...

Also, do you have any songs or artists you recommend? :D I've been listening to the same stuff over and over these last couple of days and getting tired of it

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

^^ I read your post too, and was like BV too, I felt inadequate to answer because I don't have asperger's and don't know anyone with asperger's, and I honestly don't know how to advice someone who experiences panic attacks (as I've never had them). I feel with you though, I myself often feel isolated because of my illness and it's incredibly hard to manage to keep contact with those I hold dear because of it or develope connections. Based on your post, I definitely think some mental help would help, maybe a therapist?

And since you didn't want to post on the facebook timeline where family and friends could see, maybe you can join a facebook group that's focused on advice for those with Asperger's or those who have social anxiety? I'm in a facebook group with people who has the same illness as me, and people there have helped me countless of times and reassured me.

And for the thing about going outside, I think small steps are incredibly important. My doctor said that if my health feels better I shouldn't suddenly take a flight to Paris and start shopping, I should take one stairstep at a time. So everytime I overexert because my health feels better and I become bitter because my health wasn't as good as I thought and it's like i've reset to stage 1, remembering the doctor's advice helps me.

I wish you all the best!

last edited at Feb 16, 2020 8:40PM

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

there are no notifications because as far as I know there aren't @'s or any way to specifically direct a post to someone other than quoting them or typing out @username. Anyway, you can go to where you know your comment is and just manually read things after, sorry that that doesn't help much.

Alrighto, thanks for letting me know!